Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: YO

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    any money from admin/reserved slot goes into an account, that only is used for the servers. zero gets none of it
    good one.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by devour View Post
    good one.
    no, like seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

okay whatever you think

4. Default

Haha, I was only joking when I made the thread, But I have seen stuff along those lines on other servers, it's kinda cool.

Too bad all your prizes are belong to me!

hahah lazy ur CRAZYY!!!

6. Default

Lazy ya know I kinda' wanna wank it right now to your avatar, but I'm not sure if it's a man's face on a chick's body

If it is, does that make me bisexual?

7. Default

Actually yea, first there is not even enough profit for me to even do anything with which is bad considering this is the only thing I do. Even if I made enough to pay rent, that would be nice.

A lot of money is saved for when valve breaks things and we suddenly need to spend $$ to fix it. Or if we need to buy software like these forums that require money to license. Other than that it has been used to buy computer upgrades like more HDDs for me to backup the servers with and to be able to work on them correctly.

However, on to your request. I actually think that the way IBIS is going these days this is actually a good idea. Once the new admin system is up it may be possible to build something like this into the servers.

There could be something where you get points every month if your in a given rank. The top 10 all get points with the user at 10 getting 1 and the user at 1 getting 10. You could then redeem these points for things like a month of reserved slot or admin.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    There could be something where you get points every month if your in a given rank. The top 10 all get points with the user at 10 getting 1 and the user at 1 getting 10. You could then redeem these points for things like a month of reserved slot or admin.
    or, 12-packs of jones soda.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

CSS is a team-oriented game. By giving incentives for individual rank, the team-aspect breaks down as players play selfishly for points. This will destroy the pub and cause even more team-stacking, hacking, etc.

Maybe you could implement this on the GunGame server where this focus is already on individual performance, but please don't do it on Pub #1!

10. Default

Well yea I would only do it on the servers that are very competitive. I do not think or want the pub to be that competitive.

Also I wanted to add in that I forgot to state that the money is also used to help support developers. Last month we gave SM $100 to help them fix their site and I plan to give them another $100 later this year. It is important for sites like these to give back to the development community to ensure that new mods are made and that our game continues to be where the mods and developers are.