Thread: Mafia

1. Default Mafia

Player : Mafia
    Reason for ban : wall hacking
    Length of ban : Perma
    Attachment 3601
    Attachment 3602
    Attachment 3603

The first demo is the best one it's really obvious with in the first few minutes

2. Default

... The second demo showed absolutely nothing.. The third was even worse.
    The first had a single wallhack-looking moment when he threw the grenade at the beginning, the rest is very inconclusive, he didn't even have a gun to aim with, there should have been way more evidence with him having an actual weapon, the evidence where he DOES have a weapon is useless.
    Tell me I'm wrong about mafia2.dem and mafia3.dem, what were they supposed to show?

3. Default

no your not wrong demo's 2 and 3 i didn't see anything either but than i looked over the first one and it was completely obvious

4. Default

Ok good, I was thinking for sure I've gone crazy.

The first one doesn't look like hacks to me honestly, if I were to claim someone was hacking I'd want to see a demo of him with a real weapon out, when he had a knife and grenade, his tactics of facing walls was completely legit. He likely watches his radar for teammates death, and goes in for the swoop. Looking towards walls gives him the advantage of not having his weapon stick by crates, not to mention there's no wall-looking when he actually has a weapon out. Should I watch it again?

Offtopic: Will you review my demo again? I'm waiting for whoever banned me to get on the ball. name: germans

5. Default

Looks like walls to me. Usually it can be tough to tell on deagle but that sure didn't look legit. Good catch and good call on the ban.

6. Default

wall-hacking is a very difficult thing to catch. unless it's really super obvious I suggest getting a second, third, and maybe even fourth opinion before banning someone for it. remember, the goal is to keep people playing on the servers, not ban everyone from them.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Naka View Post
    Ok good, I was thinking for sure I've gone crazy.

The first one doesn't look like hacks to me honestly, if I were to claim someone was hacking I'd want to see a demo of him with a real weapon out, when he had a knife and grenade, his tactics of facing walls was completely legit. He likely watches his radar for teammates death, and goes in for the swoop. Looking towards walls gives him the advantage of not having his weapon stick by crates, not to mention there's no wall-looking when he actually has a weapon out. Should I watch it again?

Offtopic: Will you review my demo again? I'm waiting for whoever banned me to get on the ball. name: germans
    I banned you and you're going to stay banned.

ONTOPIC:

Good catch Joker, he was next on my list.

I did befriend him, Mafia is a good guy, but I had a feeling he, too, was hacking.

And I agree with Wacko, wallhacks are very hard to catch. I had 4 different people watching Germans before I banned him, all agreed with me.

It's hard work, but we're trying.

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties View Post
    I banned you and you're going to stay banned.

ONTOPIC:

Good catch Joker, he was next on my list.

I did befriend him, Mafia is a good guy, but I had a feeling he, too, was hacking.

And I agree with Wacko, wallhacks are very hard to catch. I had 4 different people watching Germans before I banned him, all agreed with me.

It's hard work, but we're trying.
    Just an F.Y.I. I suspected him, but if it wasn't for Jerm saying that he didn't seem legit it just confirmed my suspisions, so I went into the server and started to see if I could catch him in the act.
    just thought I would point that out.

I see no hacks. Its deagle. You don't need wallhacks to wallhack on deagle.

Look at your sig, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and e-thugging like a nerd yours could be like mine.
    Look down, now back up. Where are you? You're on IBISgaming.com, reading the sig your sig could be like. I'm sexting your girl.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    I see no hacks. Its deagle. You don't need wallhacks to wallhack on deagle.
    I agree, and the only evidence posted was Mafia using a knife and grenade on deagle. In that situation, making good use of sound and teammate positions is what's required to get kills, anyone would look hackish in that situation, your attention is not as focused on looking visually for players. If I was an admin, I would really love to see better evidence before allowing a ban.
    Anyone out there with a better demo?