Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Official IBIS Regulars - Scrim Team Sign-up:

1. Default

I never said that....all i said is your ideas suck...which they do.

2. Default

Dude. Why does Baltimore always get shit on all over these boards all the time? Whether it's discussing gungame rules with Zero or defending Rice and chicken, Baltimore has ALWAYS been articulate and tactful.

Even when disagreeing with someone he has always written his thoughts down, clearly explaining his position and taking the attitude "this is how I feel. This is why. I disagree and you're free to disagree with me" and then people constantly attack his posts calling him a TROLL or an IDIOT.

WTF people, seriously?

Just because you disagree with someone and explain in a very mature and descriptive manner why DOESN'T MAKE YOU A TROLL. You know what makes you a troll? Statements like this:

"OMG YOU'RE WRONG! You"RE SO STUPID FOR THINKING THAT WAY! I DISAGREE WITH YOU THEREFORE YOU ARE A FUCKIN MORON! I'm INSULTING YOU for no reason other than BECAUSE I DISAGREE WITH YOU! YOUR MOM SUCKS"

That's trolling. THAT's being a moron. Pretty much anyone lately who has accused baltimore of being a troll or an idiot has just shown how much of a troll or retard THEY actually are.

i dont agree with gg mod being a good format for a tryout process. yes it was created years ago by SK, but was to merely practice with and have fun with the other guns that werent typically used during matches (auto-snipe, ump, auto-shotty, etc...)

if the gg mod format does end up being used, the configuration should be edited to have only the most important weapons being used: glock, usp, deagle, mp5, m4a1, ak47 and the awp.

if this setup is used, it should be best out of 3, i believe baltimore or zero mentioned this. knifing should not even be in the equation as knifing is not pertinent to competitive play, and is only used as a last resort in the middle of a cqc firefight.

that being said, this gg mod process will take forever. the first round in these tryouts should be the fastest.

maybe look at it this way:

first round: 1v1 on any of the pistol aim_maps - best of 3 with USP/Glocks. it should take 5 minutes per match since aim_maps are small

10 people per group (5 matches per night at ~5 minutes each). it'll come to about 45 minutes to an hour per night total to organize the 10 players, get their matches done (ss scoreboards) and move on to the next group.

id say one hour is a reasonable amount of time to take for this. granted the first night will be a little hectic and may take longer than one hour, but it should get easier as the groups progress.

my thoughts

4. Default Dedicated Match Server

Zero, what's the word on a possible ETA for the dedicated match-server?