Thread: Which console has more 10-yr-old friendly games?

1. Default Which console has more 10-yr-old friendly games?

Hey everyone,
    so im buying my kid brother a gaming console (he's begging for one... as opposed to me whose a PC-only guy).
    I cant help but get mind fucked if i should get him an xbox or ps3... yes i know, "it all depends on what he is looking for"

so here is the idea seeked:
    - he wants the console mainly for motion games.
    - he's a 10 year old, pretty much feels interested in 1st player shooting games (which he sucks at but wtvr) and maybe some racing/weapons games as opposed to sports games.
    - i've seen him play mid-level rpg games, but nthn too explicitely hard.
    - For some reason he took a big liking to portal, if that even makes a difference -.-, half life and CSS, so we can safely assume he is valve-oriented.
    They are having a promotion here , so both consoles with their shit are being sold at same price 199$ that includes decent the larger space sizes and the controllers and motion shit. ( gd deal right?)

IMPORTANT "- I want a gaming console to which i could basically rip off :P to the point where i could download games for it online, rather than having to move my lazy for it to the storeevery time he feels like buying a new game...

i
    know many xbox vs ps3 out there, but if i want my bro to be anything like me, i have to get this community's insight
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

If you mean motion games as in motion tracking then get an xbox with kinect. Xbox also has a better and bigger online community for multiplayer if that makes a difference.
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

3. Default

xbox but i dont know if they have many fps games for motion :/

4. Default

I only say xbox because I prefer the native controller to that of the PS3.

I will tell you that my xbox has red-ringed three times. I stopped caring after the last and haven't replaced it. I've never heard of this happening to a PS3.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post

I will tell you that my xbox has red-ringed three times. I stopped caring after the last and haven't replaced it. I've never heard of this happening to a PS3.
    This only happened to me once with the first generation Xbox 360 4-5 years after purchasing it and it was fixed by Microsoft for free. Got the new Xbox model this year (in January) and it hasn't happened yet.
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post

PS3s had a YLOD
    Red ring is caused by cracked solder in most cases, just take a heat gun to it and reflow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    PS3s had a YLOD
    Red ring is caused by cracked solder in most cases, just take a heat gun to it and reflow it.
    the newer jasper chip 'boxes (and by newer i mean, made within the past 2 years) fixed that problem

cyber, get him a wii. cheaper, and the games are in general less traumatizing
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    the newer jasper chip 'boxes (and by newer i mean, made within the past 2 years) fixed that problem

cyber, get him a wii. cheaper, and the games are in general less traumatizing
    I would go with this, also, I believe the Wii is coming out with a starwars game where you actually swing a lightsaber around. It was shown in early early stages at E3 I think last year.

As a side note, I still have my first generation PS3, how many of you can say the same for your 360? Also, free online play, even if it is shitty.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

9. Default

My Xbox has never red ringed on me.... I <3 Xbox

I liked the PS controller back in the day, but after using the 360 controller, I don't want any other controller for console...

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    My Xbox has never red ringed on me.... I <3 Xbox

I liked the PS controller back in the day, but after using the 360 controller, I don't want any other controller for console...
    I wear youth mediums in gloves the controler is not as good for me as the smaller ps3

damn my child hands

xbox kenct is fun I like playing sport games with it!