Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have CSS output audio from non-default device? >_<

1. Default Have CSS output audio from non-default device? >_<

Ok, i never understood how such a "simple" request would be such an impossible thing to find a solution for.
    "Google, you have failed me "
    -"This is Blasphemy! This is MADNESS!" >_<

I have a 32" TV that comes with amazing audio using its own sound card. Lets call it "TV card"
    however, ONLY when i play css i want to play using my headphones, not my TV screen, for many undisclosed reasons.
    In order to hear sound from my headphone, connected to my laptop, it has to go through the laptop built in sound card, Lets call it " laptop card", and NOT the tv card which is currently the default card.

Problem:
    When i play CSS, i have to go to Sounds -> preferences -> Set Default Sound card -> and select my laptop/headset sound card to default, and THEN run CSS.

When i am done playing CSS, i have to go back to the same place above, and revert the default audio back to my tv card, which is the card i use for EVERYTHING, except gaming.
    This "solution" sometimes fucks up my apps:
    1- i cant run audio from different places, it just scrambles them to one default audio.
    2- Needless to say how annoying it is to be forced to close a browser in which you have a pre-buffered video, simply because the audio fucked up and is no longer working because of the sound card toggling (damn you google chrome!)
    Not trying to be lazy with the whole "toggling default audio" thing, but it's getting annoying, and i looked everywhere online, fricken microsoft is retarded like that and i cant find a solution.

Ideal request:
    Im looking for something: a solution, a safe runable batch / cmd code for windows 7 x 64 (on my sony vaio), a safe registry tweak, or a third party application, that let's me somehow "bind" a specific audio device to a 'specific" application, such as CSS.
    My ideal setting would be to have my tv as my main and default audio output, and if i run a game, the audio for THAT game, and THAT game only goes through my other card... allowing my tv to remain as main audio for misc-applications to keep running audio on my tv screen, not in my ears...(for example, my kid bro listening to music out loud on from my tv card while i enjoy a gd CSS game in my headphones

Any of u solid gamers out there have found a solution to a similar problem?...
    PS: a last resort option would be to find a way to make a batch that "toggles" the default status of audio cards that i have, and then "Attach it" to a cSS shortcut... but thats just too fucking messy for something that should be a given in a game...

Sorry for long post, but i dont give a damn, considering its a summary of all the crap i have red for DAYS on a shitload of tech forums -.- lol
    edit ; i just found this app... im trying it to see if it works or not... bcos there;s a lot of fake shit out there...
    http://www.indievolume.com/download.php
    Last edited by CYBER; 12-30-2011 at 05:04 AM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

Connect headphones to TV, problem solved... then you get the benefit of this magical DSP from your TV that likely really is not so great but better than the Digital Sound Poop you get out of your laptop. So why not just connect your headphones to the Digital Sound Processor on the tv?

3. Default

Connect headphones to TV, problem solved... then you get the benefit of this magical DSP from your TV that likely really is not so great but better than the Digital Sound Poop you get out of your laptop. So why not just connect your headphones to the Digital Sound Processor on the tv?
    This was the same solution I came up with. You get the better card pushing the sound, and it would give you the least trouble.
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.

4. Default

yeah, but now im going to have to get the audio plug converter.
    oh well, better that nthn.
    thanks guys.

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/940087-change-audio-output-device-any.html

reached from googling:

change audio output device for specific program
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Idgits.
    Last edited by Steamer; 01-02-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

7. Default

Did you try the app I linked? Has a default audio switcher and app hooks...
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

8. Default

i seriously despise applications in zip files that only have ONE executable file with no interesting logo...
    But im going on trust there, gonna test it out in a bit.

EDIT: scratch that.
    Installed it, seems legit, let's hope it works on processes WITHIN steam :P

thanks steamr, again, wasnt doubting u there, thats why i installed it, but i usually never run .exe files unless from ppl i trust
    Last edited by CYBER; 12-31-2011 at 03:19 PM.

9. Default

WTF STEAMR???

my task manager is no longer accessible, disappeared from everywhere.
    i keep getting the Sound windown popup on EVERYTHING... it's constantly putting itself as a popup above all apps. writing this message forced me to close 21 popups s so far!
    un installed the app, but the exe file is still in my program files and its not deleting and i cant re-install it at all ...

fuck this. im system restoring this crap. sry man but never again.

10. Default

You fucked something up. Lmfao. I'll just remove the link so others don't screw shit up too and blame me for their incompetence. Vista Audio Changer is the name of the app.

Use it just fine. It's quite simple at setup and config. Don't fucking make it auto LOL.

Kill audio service, end audio / app process, uninstall, delete and clean. No need to restore, that's asinine.
    Last edited by Steamer; 01-02-2012 at 12:12 PM.