Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Mass Effect 3

1. Default

i think the tough part to swallow was that it was supposed to be the end of the series. talks are going on about another full game in the mass effect universe (presumably mass effect 4) and with that knowledge in mind, it's easier to take. speaking of which, i think they need a new soundtrack. i'm thinking daft punk, after the job they did with tron: legacy. cameo in a club...mmmm. a guy can dream...

though i feel like the reaper sounds were ripped from glitch mob songs so maybe it would be a nice touch to have them do it.
    Last edited by brett friggin favre; 09-27-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    i think the tough part to swallow was that it was supposed to be the end of the series. talks are going on about another full game in the mass effect universe (presumably mass effect 4)
    They have always said that Mass Effect 3 is the end of the Shepard story, not the end of Mass Effect.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/08/...end-of-shepard
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'

3. Default

I'm not gonna lie... gonna miss that mother fucker...

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

Feel the same.

In a sense, Shepard IS Mass effect but not playing as him has lots of good opportunites for ME4 tho. Imagine the First Contact War and kicking ass with Anderson or as a Turian. Or Both
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'

5. Default

our next character 2 fall in love with and put 100 hours of gameplay time into better be human... that's all I'm gonna say.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

so i finally got around to playing this. i must honestly say i have no issue with the ending, at least the one i came to. i gotta say i really enjoyed playing through it, never before have i been so torn over decisions...in a goddamn video game. i thoroughly enjoyed the game. looking forward to me4 (which, yes, i hear has been confirmed).
    i think the tough part to swallow was that it was supposed to be the end of the series. talks are going on about another full game in the mass effect universe (presumably mass effect 4) and with that knowledge in mind, it's easier to take. speaking of which, i think they need a new soundtrack. i'm thinking daft punk, after the job they did with tron: legacy. cameo in a club...mmmm. a guy can dream...

though i feel like the reaper sounds were ripped from glitch mob songs so maybe it would be a nice touch to have them do it.
    ME franchise is one of my overall favourite series, if not THE favourite... But even now, I still have so many issues with it.. Ugh, yeah.

Also, as far as I'm aware, there's not going to be ME4... They may and probably will still do games within the ME universe, but ME was Shepard's story... And it's over. Then again, knowing EA...

Meh, just noticed that Xerenix said the same thing... But yeah, as far as I'm aware, he's correct.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

7. Default

yeah i have no problem with shepard dying off. you save the galaxy 3 times, eventually it just feels silly. gotta catch up to him sometime.

as to who the next protag will be, only guess i'd have would be the kid from the closing cutscene. or just someone entirely new. it would make sense because since that's in the future, another intergalactic transit system might be up and running. i haven't checked out the new ending from the dlc but based off the original ending, it'd be pretty hard to make another mass effect without the relays.

or, interesting concept, one of shepard's descendents. could be half asari or something if you're importing o.O

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

8. Default

The next one could just be a prequel. Maybe giving more insight into the protheans and the other races/civilizations that were destroyed by the reapers. I think they'd have a hard time making another ME game to take place after ME3 since they'd have to make new baddies and the reapers would be hard to top. Of course, that doesn't mean they won't try anyways.

Also, I played all 3, loved all 3, and I still enjoyed the re-made ending to ME3. I refused to play ME3 before they redid the ending though. I think it's also worthwhile to go watch at least one of the ME3 indoctrination theory videos and their take on the "choices" you make at the end. AngryJoe has an indoctrination theory video even. I wouldn't recommend watching the entire 1.5 HOUR long indoctrination theory documentary though, that one was a bit too long.
    Last edited by Heretic; 09-27-2012 at 05:29 PM.

9. Default

in a nutshell....

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    The next one could just be a prequel. Maybe giving more insight into the protheans and the other races/civilizations that were destroyed by the reapers. I think they'd have a hard time making another ME game to take place after ME3 since they'd have to make new baddies and the reapers would be hard to top. Of course, that doesn't mean they won't try anyways.

Also, I played all 3, loved all 3, and I still enjoyed the re-made ending to ME3. I refused to play ME3 before they redid the ending though. I think it's also worthwhile to go watch at least one of the ME3 indoctrination theory videos and their take on the "choices" you make at the end. AngryJoe has an indoctrination theory video even. I wouldn't recommend watching the entire 1.5 HOUR long indoctrination theory documentary though, that one was a bit too long.
    I watched the whole thing. Furthermore, there's more than one version of it. (I haven't watched ALL versions). Imho, quite worth to watch the whole thing.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.