Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: International Saimoe League

1. Default International Saimoe League

International Saimoe League is some random website I stumbled on a while back. Basically, users around the world vote on what character they think is the most "moe." It has mostly characters from newer animes, since they easily gather more support than older characters. Some of the older contestants include characters from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Clannad, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Code Geass, Toaru, Mahō Shōjo Lyrical Nanoha - although most of these are relatively recent anime. I'm not sure how much moe some of you like in your anime, or rather out of it lol.....but hey, I like moe characters so what the hell, I'm participating I sometimes go here when I'm bored or distracted, just decided to share because the preliminary round starts today.

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/voting/
    blog1.jpgblog2.jpgblog3.jpgblog4.jpg
    Last edited by Bane of Soldiers; 02-12-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

2. Default

I follow the real one in japan from this site: https://saimoe.wordpress.com/

However I should vote in this one so the rest of the world can appear to know wtf they are talking about.

Attached is an image archive of the last 2 years. (maybe not file is way to large...)

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

I would like to suggest we say who we voted for in each category. Remember that your voting for the MOST MOE character NOT YOUR FAV your fav character may not be MOE at all, it is ok get over it.

3. Default

• Nova 1: Tōwa Erio, Tachibana Kanade
      • This is basically between Tōwa Erio, Tachibana Kanade, Inui Sana, Sakura Kyōko, and Takakura Himari in that order

• Nova 2: Kuroneko, Nano
      • WHY, HOW COULD THIS BE! Seriously all of these characters are finalist MOE and in relative order! Such a hard choice but you got to pick the best

• Nova 3: Ika-Chan, Eucliwood Hellscythe
      • These two are easy choices the others here are a joke by comparison

• Nova 4: Fear, Alice
      • Yet another easy win, if you picked something besides these 2 your either do not watch anime and thus have no idea who they are or you have some sort of mental disability.

• Nova 5: Konoe Subaru, Yuri
      • This was a little bit of a hard one mainly I feel sorry for Shinomiya b/c I think this character could use some more attention.

• Nova 6: Kisaragi Chihaya, Matsumae Ohana
      • Now here is a real test. Some good options but only 2 real winners. Sorry Charlotte we have characters in this list that have more depth than being a reverse trap. I know IS was popular but seriously if you have not seen Idol Master or Hanasaku Iroha stop what your doing and watch them so you understand why Charlotte lost.

• Stella 7: Tsukimiya Ayu, Akiyama Mio
      • Sorry Tomoyo I did not have a choice... look I have not actually seen Kanon but I can stop that MOE from space.

• Stella 8: Furukawa Nagisa, Uiharu Kazari
      • That was easy

• Stella 9: Ibuki Fūko, Senjōgahara Hitagi
      • Look Senjōgahara... uh, I am not going to get into it.

• Stella 10: Sengoku Nadeko, Tōsaka Rin
      • One day they will get what they are after... Sorry Isumi and Kotomi!

• Stella 11: Hirasawa Ui, Sanzen'in Nagi
      • Dam this was a bit hard but these two are the clear winners here

• Stella 12: Asahina Mikuru, Kagura
      • Another easy win

Last edited by ZERO; 02-12-2012 at 09:24 PM.

4. Default

5. Default

I must admit that I'm often guilty of choosing favorites over more moe lol. Although I can say that I haven't watched much from fall/winter 2011 (before I started consulting anime with other people, I would just watch the animes listed in ISML 2010 xD). Lots of people consider Nagato and Mikuru way more moe, but I love Haruhi :3 Guilty as charged

6. Default

Well, if anyone cares, I also participated in the nomination period in the first two weeks of January....

I think I nominated Kanzaki H. Aria, Reki, Tōsahka Rin, Kōzuki Kallen, C.C., Mio Isurugi, Hōki Shinonono, Huang Lingyin, Fumino Serizawa, Ibuki Hinata, Louise Vallière, and Nozomi Kiriya.

Edit: Hmmmm, I seem to have forgotten exactly who I nominated. One of these names don't belong, I'm pretty sure I nominated Maelstrom/Tomonori (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
    Last edited by Bane of Soldiers; 02-13-2012 at 12:57 AM.

7. Default

• Nova 1: Tachibana Kanade and Reki
    -Some of those anime titles I don't even recognize. And I know I'm going to get a hot downpour of "you're mentally impaired" for saying this, but I'm just not a fan of Puella Magi Madoka ☆ Magica. It wasn't bad, I just... meh. It might be attributed to overexpectation that others set me to. Clannad (unrelated) is the same way kinda. It was great, sad, and amazing, but people praised it beyond immortality. Honestly, Angel Beats! brought me closer to tears.

• Nova 2: Abstained
    -Probably gonna get even more hell for this than for my opinion on PMMM/Clannad. At least I recognize some of the titles... The only ones I watched were PMMM and OreImo. Kuroneko...I'm going to need a second season. Or rewatch the first season, since I picked up OreImo when I was more oblivious to moeness. See above reason for not voting Mami. If I had voted, those were the only two I recognized ._. Hey, I gave the others a chance to win my heart lol. But yeah, looking back, I don't know why I even abstained....

• Nova 3: Yuu + one abstain
    -You gotta love Yuu. If not, you're a heartless bastard. Anyways, the others I have not watched their shows. Besides PMMM. Yes, basically I did not vote for ANY PMMM characters because of some strange personal grudge against shows that EVERYONE say has rainbows, unicorns, and other miracles shooting out of its ass. I've yet to find someone that thinks the show was less than 15/10 stars.

• Nova 4: Yui, Fear Kubrick
    -No other choice that I recognize, but these two have more than sufficient moe

• Nova 5: Yuri Nakamura + one abstain
    -Who are the others? 0_0 If you don't vote Yurippe, you'll be reincarnated as a barnacle.

• Nova 6: Hōki Shinonono, Charlotte Dunois
    -The only anime I have watched in this group was <IS> and Fairy Tail, in which I'm so early into the series that they haven't even introduced Wendy Marvell. These two are my most favorite <IS> characters; I prefer Hōki over Charlotte (pause while everyone who watched <IS> gasps). I'm a sucker for some kinds of tsundere/child-hood friends types of characters, and also for Yoko Hikasa.

• Stella 7: Akiyama Mio, Tomoyo Sakagami
    -Don't recognize the others, besides Ami, who kinda has nil moe imo. It'll be hard to find anyone more moe than Mio, and yeah....Sakagami is a favorite, and I only vote for characters I recognize anyway....

• Stella 8: Suzumiya Haruhi + one abstain
    -Haruhiism! Meh, I just didn't feel it from any of the characters I recognized (Uiharu, Lucy, Nagisa)

• Stella 9: Senjōgahara Hitagi, Kōzuki Kallen
    -I liked Fuko, but I kinda steer away from considering characters who are obviously children to be moe. CC versus Kallen was a hard choice, Hitagi was not. Beware the stapler! And the below-the-belt insults! Oh Senjōgahara, you bring sadistic love to my episodes!

• Stella 10: Tōhsaka Rin, Ichinose Kotomi
    -The other characters I don't recognize, besides Nadeko, whose moe Twister skills are cancelled by my support for Hitagi X Ararararagi (oops, I stuttered ). Pretty easy to love Kotomi and Rin anyway.

• Stella 11: Saber + one abstain
    -Reasons for not voting Last Order is the same as Fuko's. Don't feel it from Ui. The others I need to watch, especially Hayate no Gotoku. I must complete the Tsundere Five animes!

• Stella 12: Louise Vallière + one abstain
    -I don't recall why I didn't vote for Yui Hirasawa or Asahina Mikuru this morning. But yeah.

Well, as you can see, I can be quite the frustrating voter.
    prelimround1_2012.png

8. Default

Seriously though if you have not seen the shows that the characters I selected were from you need to so you understand why some of your selection is wrong. This is actually part of my point about how the international version gets crazy results b/c a lot of the voting block has not actually seen most of the shows. Seriously though all the shows that I selected from that you have not seen are great and worth a watch

9. Default

Results for Round 1 Preliminary Period:

• Nova 1:
    1rst= Tachibana Kanade [5415 votes]
    2nd= Tōwa Erio [2921 votes]
    3rd= Sakura Kyōko [2679 votes]

4th= Hotogi Shirayuki [1835 votes]
    5th= Reki [1255 votes]
    6th= Inui Sana [1242 votes]
    7th= Takakura Himari [754 votes]

• Nova 2:
    1rst= Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) [4189 votes]
    2nd= Mikazuki Yozora [2756 votes]
    3rd= Shimada Minami [2066 votes]

4th= Shinonome Nano [1094 votes]
    5th= Suzutsuki Kanade [2325 votes]
    6th= Tomoe Mami [2165 votes]
    7th= Tsugumi [1657 votes]

• Nova 3:
    1rst= Eucliwood Hellscythe [4399 votes]
    2nd= Kaname Madoka [2739 votes]
    3rd= Kasugano Sora [2494 votes]
    4th= Ika-Musume [2283 votes]
    5th= Oikawa Tsurara [1551 votes]
    6th= Kunieda Aoi [1479 votes]
    7th= Ayase Chihaya [963 votes]

• Nova 4:
    1rst= Yui [4441 votes]
    2nd= Fear Kubrick [2620 votes]
    3rd= Himeji Mizuki [2473 votes]
    4th= Shionji Yūko (Alice) [2258 votes]
    5th= Tsurugi Minko [1578 votes]
    6th= Inami Mahiru [1214 votes]
    7th= Yune [1183 votes]

• Nova 5:
    1rst= Nakamura Yuri [3626 votes]
    2nd= Honma Meiko [2871 votes]
    3rd= Konoe Subaru [2457 votes]

4th= Ayuzawa Misaki [2141 votes]
    5th= Shinomiya Ayase [1956 votes]
    6th= Morishima Haruka [1557 votes]
    7th= Takahara Ayumi [1433 votes]

• Nova 6:
    1rst= Charlotte Dunois [3655 votes]
    2nd= Gasai Yuno [2742 votes]
    3rd= Matsumae Ohana [2373 votes]

4th= Wendy Marvell [1960 votes]
    5th= Shinonono Hōki [1877 votes]
    6th= Taneshima Poplar[1798 votes]
    7th= Kisaragi Chihaya [1214 votes]

• Stella 7:
    1rst= Akiyama Mio [4290 votes]
    2nd= Sakagami Tomoyo [3083 votes]
    3rd= Konjiki no Yami [2436 votes]

4th= Nymph [2367 votes]
    5th= Kawashima Ami [1742 votes]
    6th= Kuchiki Rukia [1205 votes]
    7th= Tsukimiya Ayu [1173 votes]

• Stella 8:
    1rst= Suzumiya Haruhi [4638 votes]
    2nd= Furukawa Nagisa [3077 votes]
    3rd= Furude Rika [1949 votes]

4th= Lucy Heartfilia [1803 votes]
    5th= Uiharu Kazari [1638 votes]
    6th= Ryōgi Shiki [1551 votes]
    7th= Evangeline A.K. McDowell [1474 votes]

• Stella 9:
    1rst= Senjōgahara Hitagi [3792 votes]
    2nd= C.C. [3043 votes]
    3rd= Ikaros [3026 votes]

4th= Ibuki Fūko [2576 votes]
    5th= Yin [1446 votes]
    6th= Shinku [1142 votes]
    7th= Kōzuki Kallen [955 votes]

• Stella 10:
    1rst= Sengoku Nadeko [3831 votes]
    2nd= Tōsaka Rin [3442 votes]
    3rd= Ichinose Kotomi [2434 votes]

4th= Takamachi Nanoha [1771 votes]
    5th= Chrome Dokuro [1666 votes]
    6th= Saginomiya Isumi [1652 votes]
    7th= Hanato Kobato [1329 votes]

• Stella 11:
    1rst= Saber [4064 votes]
    2nd= Last Order [3084 votes]
    3rd= Hirasawa Ui [2528 votes]

4th= Sanzen'in Nagi [2482 votes]
    5th= Chii [1552 votes]
    6th= Kawasumi Mai [1374 votes]
    7th= Enma Ai [1330 votes]

• Stella 12:
    1rst= Hirasawa Yui [3821 votes]
    2nd= Louise Vallière [3492 votes]
    3rd= Asahina Mikuru [2814 votes]

4th= Isayama Yomi [1565 votes]
    5th= Ayanami Rei [1536 votes]
    6th= Sōryū Asuka Langley [1534 votes]
    7th= Kagura [1429 votes]

Yeah, next time I'll just link it or take a screenshot. Results are posted usually at 9pm the day after the voting period, on the home page of the site.
    Here's the preview for tomorrow's match (these previews are available at the voting arena after the end of every voting period, once they update the site):

418493_179625628806993_159206457515577_196596_1634493455_n.jpg

10. Default

• Stella 1: Misaka Mikoto, Hyūga Hinata
      • Easy win
    • Stella 2: Shiina Mafuyu, Nagato Yuki
      • Sorry Kushieda Minori I can only select 2
    • Stella 3: Kotobuki Tsumugi, Nakano Azusa
      • Tsumugi won me over in s2 sorry Ushio
    • Stella 4: Hiiragi Kagami, Sakurano Kurimu
      • If you did not select either of these two you should just give up on life
    • Stella 5: Kuronuma Sawako, Aisaka Taiga
      • Not to be confused with Sadako
    • Stella 6: Fujibayashi Kyō, Katsura Hinagiku
      • Sorry Einzbern and Tsukasa there can only be two winners and neither of you are them
    • Nova 7: Shinonome Hakase, Victorique de Blois
      • Wow this was a hard one but really only two of these characters just win over your heart. There are a lot of good choices here but only 2 winners!
    • Nova 8: Oshimizu Nako, Akaza Akari
      • Sorry Kirino just becuase you like MOE does not make your MOE
    • Nova 9: Amami Haruka, Elucia de Lute Irma
      • Actually these two in a sreies together would be a fun watch!
    • Nova 10: Shiomiya Shiori, Ueno Kirika
      • Sorry Aoi pretend MOE to get adpotion papers < actual MOE
      • Inori just b/c you look cute does not make you MOE nor do your EDs really create a stronger character attachment
    • Nova 11: Hoshii Miki, Kashiwazaki Sena
      • Now let me list who should win here: Kashiwazaki Sena, Hoshii Miki, Kaga Rin, Haruna, Amaha Miu, Laura Bodewig, Mine Riko. They should go in that order for MOE except that Riko does not deserve to be in the list with all those winners
      • This was likely the best group listed...
    • Nova 12: Haqua du Lot Herminium, Toshinō Kyōko
      • Some good options but these two belong in the top

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------