Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online

1. Default

So I'm hearing a ton of bad things. Like overly buggy and imbalanced. I also hear some people complaining thy the view is terrible and gives them nausea.

People who are playing it, what's your opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

First person view can get nauseating at times due to the massive amount of detail in the world when making fast turns ect. Apart from that, i think you have been lied too by a WoW fan boy. Yes, there is a few bugs but that is to be expected only a few days after launch. Any game breaking bugs have been fixed immediately and the only other bugs still present may impede a useless quest or two. This is one of the smoothest MMO launches in the last decade.

As for imbalance... that is a complete farce. Its virtually impossible for a game to be imbalanced when the game provides you with infinite build possibilities. if someone is QQing about imbalance.. they suck at the game and need to re-evaluate their build and kit.

The game is extremely immersive. Every NPC has voice acting, some quest lines start to form connections between the player and the NPC's involved with the sotry and at some points, you are given a choice as to how you handle the situation. a choice that impacts the world and quest at hand. I could type for hours but ill make it short and sweet.

ESO is most deff an Elder Scrolls game.
    Personal reform

3. Default

I'm assuming the cry of imbalance is coming from the PvP angle. Yeah there's probably some crazy imabalances with tanks being able to sustain A LOT in this game.

I recommend going with the Daggerfall Covenant faction. The starting area is MUCH more condensed, making travel less of a timesink. The quests are more packed together, where as the other factions quest "hubs" are stretched out far as fuck. I'm sorry, travelling for 5 minutes just to complete a quest isn't indicative of a fun experience, regardless of the "pretty environments".

The game runs smoothly though, no problems there. It isn't a Final Fantasy 14 fiasco, at least, you can actually LOG INTO THE FUCKING SERVER!

PS: People who play MMO's in first person are handicapping themselves.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

I'm sure the game in and of itself won't be that bad

but i think the quality compared with the price tag of the game + subscription is going to be a mismatch

cost for quality, it's not worth it in my book. if they remove the subscription then... maybe
    A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.

5. Default

Oh no doubt, their business model SCREAMS cash grab. They'll most likely sell the license/servers to a F2P company like GamersFirst.

It'll be for the betterment of the game, too. It sucks having a good developer behind a shitty publisher.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Oh no doubt, their business model SCREAMS cash grab. They'll most likely sell the license/servers to a F2P company like GamersFirst.

It'll be for the betterment of the game, too. It sucks having a good developer behind a shitty publisher.
    Ya I'd gladly pay $60 for it without the subscription but I just don't have the time to play enough to justify it. Once they can the monthly subscription I'm all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

7. Default

Yup. Best bet is to wait.

8. Default

NOT rly ESO. but just overall skyrim...

I kinda miss playing that lol...
    Funny shit.

Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

9. Default

anyone still playing ESO? got opinions?

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

10. Default

No.

That should tell you something. LELELELEL