Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote Ness 4 President

1. Thumbs up Vote Ness 4 President

VOTE NESS 4 PRESIDENT AND/OR CLAN MEMBERSHIP
    A vote for Ness is a vote for a better server! And free candy and rides in his van!

|**********OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|
    |*********OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|
    |OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|

In-game name: NessLookAlike

Born: September 1989

Weapon of choice: Without a doubt, the knife. Nothing brings me more pleasure than a good knife kill. "GOTCHA BITCH!"

Maps: Many ZM maps, damn-near all ZE maps, and most GG maps.

Reason for app: You know, over the years I've played with you guys, I've bought admin on and off until I feel that I've helped clean up a bit and make the server more fun to play in, and then I stop paying for a while and just watch how the server plays out, and for some reason I find myself coming back for more. Its a great server with a bunch of unique players and a bunch of great admins. And I get along with most of the admins pretty well, I think!

In the world of ZM servers, the Ibis CSS servers are pretty unique. I've racked up quite a few hours in CSS (>1400 hours), and I'd estimate more than half of that has been spent in the Ibis GG and ZM servers. And I see that as time well spent, honestly. Whenever I would admin on the server, I tried my best to be as fair as possible to everyone (no real abuse threads ever brought against me -- feel free to check!), and I try to keep things interesting for the players and keep an open mind. The way I see it, if I can make the Ibis server experience as unique and fun as possible, better players will join the server and we'll get more regulars that we want to stick around for a long time.

Experience: Have been playing CSS habitually for years. Have admin'd over the years for Ibis on and off, enjoyed every minute of it. I'm a computer systems engineer and am currently attempting to get an internship with Intel in Cali, so I know my way around a computer. I've also volunteered some of my free time in college and taught elementary-school kids the basics of business and mathematics (PATIENCE REQUIRED), so I know how to be patient with players on the servers and forums. I think making maps for CSS could be interesting, maybe one day I'll make the greatest and most hardcore ZE map ever made (Deathstar sequel anyone?) and stamp the Ibis logo on it. I've also had my own VPS ZM testing server up and running before, so I know what ZERO works with to keep the server running and would be glad to help if needed.

Contact info: Steam is fine, IRC is fine, I don't check on the forums too terribly often (except when I'm an admin, for obvious reasons) but I'm pretty responsive to email ([email protected]).

Epilogue: I know I may not have one or two requisites for clan, such as having held admin for 10 years or whatever you guys insist on nowadays, but hey, this is my clan app and I'm stickin' to it.
    Vote Ness 4 President, he'll give you free candy and a ride in his van!

And to steal just one last thing from Cyber's application,
    +1 me if u think i'm decent enough to join the clan, if u -1 me, please provide a reason so that i work harder to be better! if i get in, i will post nudies :P ... mmm ... not sure thats an incentive now that i think about it ;P

2. Default

All hail the hypnoness

3. Default

I would have to say -1. I do know who you are, but in all honesty I have only seen you maybe twice in game, and I play most everyday. Also 120 post in almost three years doesn't say you are active enough. However, good luck with your app. Hopefully I will be seeing you more.

4. Default

No...
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

5. Default

i lol'd
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    i lol'd
    this.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    this.
    Not as effective being a standalone quote, but this.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

8. Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    I would have to say -1. I do know who you are, but in all honesty I have only seen you maybe twice in game, and I play most everyday. Also 120 post in almost three years doesn't say you are active enough. However, good luck with your app. Hopefully I will be seeing you more.
    I know we've played together more than twice, Michelle.. but as for the rest, well, I tend to be much more active on the forum when I have adminship of some kind because I check for abuse threads, server status threads and such, but hey, my rank in ZM didn't get there overnight, and my 40 posts/year are pure gold if you read them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shigg View Post
    All hail the hypnoness
    Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    No...
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    i lol'd
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    this.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    Not as effective being a standalone quote, but this.
    So, one -1, five +1's??

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NLA View Post
    So, one -1, five +1's??
    no. only a few people know who you are, you're not active on the forums and you only play zmod. it's five -1's and one +1, that one coming from someone else nobody knows so it doesn't even count.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

10. Thumbs up

I wouldn't say that only a few people know me, not at all in fact, and I think my time as admin (and accumulated 896 hours on the server) speaks for itself: I've always been a fair admin, and I manage players effectively to keep the server fun and worth coming back to.

But really, if the only thing that matters for clan is that I'm super active and post-happy on the forums, then I think the priorities for clan membership are totally upside-down. Clan members should be responsible individuals that can manage the servers fairly and promote the kind of fun that keeps people coming back to Ibis, and maybe have some role to play in the forums for disputes (reviewing demos, voting on permbans, new map submission / old map deletion, etc). A clan member should be articulant, and not belligerent. A clan member should be someone that has playered on the servers for years and knows how the whole thing operates, and what it takes to operate smoothly. And it would really help if a clan member actually knew something about server admin'ing on the UNIX back-end, so ZERO doesn't have to shoulder the whole load if something goes wrong from server updates or someone exploits the server to avoid ban or grant unprivileged admin powers, or whatever!

If that is what being in clan is all about, then I'm absolutely the man for the job, despite what you may think about me based on my post count. But if the biggest requirement is post activity on the forum, and none of those other things matter worth a damn for clan, then I'm sure I don't want anything to do with clan.
    Last edited by NLA; 06-09-2012 at 09:56 AM.