Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can't see Names when Pointing to other players

1. Default Can't see Names when Pointing to other players

Just like the title says.
    When I point to a player I can't see their names, and when I try to switch guns with the numbers 1, 2, or 3 it doesn't show me either the primary weapon, secondary weapon, or the knife.
    This is really frustrating when it comes to cade breaks and blocking situations.
    So please, somebody help me fix this problem?
    I've tried deleting my models folder and ClientRegistry.blob but it still wouldn't work. (Thank you player who told me those tips)
    So yeah, thanks.

2. Default

You need to check center player names in the advanced multiplayer options.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    You need to check center player names in the advanced multiplayer options.
    It's already checked, and still can't see player names.

4. Default

zero thats not the problem, i tried that too, i tried everything really and i figured out how to recreate the problem.

stan , you have custom player skins dont u ?
    i have the same issue. ever since i installed my hd skins to make the models more realistic and dirty with gd quality, this happened to me.

and u cant fix it , even after u uninstall ur playerskin , the only way to fix that its to uninstall ur skins completely, and then re-install css... only way.
    brett has the same problem too.

as for me, i learned to deal with it... surely sometimes i wish who i was fighting bcos i sometimes fight 2 different ppl thinkin its the same guy... but u learn to live with it... and to kill both of them lol
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

quit using custom skins noobs.
    Spasm <ibis>: i thought mexicans came to murrica not canada
    Spasm <ibis>: :O
    Cyber ibis.a: free dental and health plan ^
    Cyber ibis.a: sry mmurica, u got outbid
    Cyber ibis.a: senor.
    Spasm <ibis>: its not truly free
    Spasm <ibis>: someone pays for it
    Spasm <ibis>: rich ppl
    Cyber ibis.a: exactly
    Cyber ibis.a: canadians
    Cyber ibis.a: i just get the free stuff
    Spasm <ibis>: typical mexican

6. Default

Really, I walk into two people, one guy is spasm, the other is a nobody, I kill shady first, the nobody is probably someone new to the game and I can catch them being stupid, its spasm I am worried about with that gun pointed to my face. Knowing who is who will let me do this easier.
    Are the defult skins really that bad? I mean I can understand wall textures that look pixlated but character models arent pixleated at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Are the defult skins really that bad? I mean I can understand wall textures that look pixlated but character models arent pixleated at all.
    you tell me, i THINK thats the one im using now, i cant remember for the life of me whether it was HQ, HD or high quality res in the title of the skin...
    http://gamebanana.com/css/skins/screens/80240?screen=3

and it does make a difference, i play on a 32 inch screen... when u play with the shitty default graphics, game feels stretched out or pixalerated at times, specially midrange+

anyone knows how the source issue can be caused by the skins in the first place? and how to fix that shit?

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    zero thats not the problem, i tried that too, i tried everything really and i figured out how to recreate the problem.

stan , you have custom player skins dont u ?
    i have the same issue. ever since i installed my hd skins to make the models more realistic and dirty with gd quality, this happened to me.

and u cant fix it , even after u uninstall ur playerskin , the only way to fix that its to uninstall ur skins completely, and then re-install css... only way.
    brett has the same problem too.

as for me, i learned to deal with it... surely sometimes i wish who i was fighting bcos i sometimes fight 2 different ppl thinkin its the same guy... but u learn to live with it... and to kill both of them lol
    I found out how to fix it.
    In console, type in hud_showtargetid 1
    Should fix it, fixed mine.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    I found out how to fix it.In console, type in hud_showtargetid 1Should fix it, fixed mine.
    That mght actually work , i remember that at some time it was working on my other computer, same skin, didn know why. Now i remember that my other crappy computer had sonlow fps that i installed casey's config. And i think that toggle was just predefined in the config settings. Thx for sharing man, i'll inform brett at once and post on those game banana thread hos to fox that if i works

10. Default

That picture you showed me cyber... Looked like all it really needed was AA turned on. Put 4xAA msaa on and have some fun. or fxaa if thats your cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?