9. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

9 100.00%
  • NO

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CAPTCHA Images for Registration

1. Default CAPTCHA Images for Registration

In order to reduce and basically prevent bots I am looking into changing the CAPTCHA so that it is image based. This should prevent the bots from actually working. You can see more info here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=257294

An example of it in use is here: http://hidemail.at/6wies41pga

So what do you all think?

2. Default

So long as there are no re-registrations needed then I'm down

3. Default

in addition, i don't think it'd hurt to add a captcha requirement to make a blog post either. we raaaaaaaaaaaaaarely if ever make blog posts and that's where most of the bot activity is going on, so i don't think it'd be a bother to us and it would cut down on the blog flooding.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

4. Default

I am for this. Those damn bots annoy the FUCK out of me.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

5. Default

For the existing spam I am going to clean 1-2 days worth of spam entries each day and so after about a month we should have everything cleaned up. I do not expect bots to get past this check b/c for one it requires mouse input and second actual logic and visualization.

6. Default

how often we gonna have 2 do this? cause if every time we post we gotta arrange a stupid picture I'll be pretty angry.

could we not just close down the blog section that no one uses?

even when we weren't getting spammed... it wasn't being used, so I don't see why we need the section. we have a discussions section which lets people discuss whatever they want... so it's not like we need the section on those grounds either.

sure we get a few bots here and there on the actual forums, but it's manageable... changing how the entire forums works for a section no one has ever given a shit about seems really pointless... unless you can limit this 2 JUST the blog section.
    Last edited by maynard; 09-04-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

This is for when users register on the forums... to replace the existing captcha

8. Default

Thank God!

I still think we should Nuke the blog section though lol.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

OK it is done, I have tested with IE and here is some pics
    Attached Images

10. Default

Why do I have a feeling that some of these new registrations will be screaming bloody murder because they can't complete the puzzle.....lol
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/508/hitmanf.png