Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WCS Server Severe Lag Issues

1. Default WCS Server Severe Lag Issues

One of the WCS players asked me to come in to restart the server, after the restart the server stayed down.
    while it was up typing in vote commands or anything else cause instability which is why i was called in in the first place.
    Ay idea whats going on? servers been strange ever since after crashes have caused 4 to 5 restarts in a row.

2. Default

the servers were down for a while... and now they are as laggy as can be...
    i had to come in and restart it too... and now its down again...
    what the hell is goin on?
    same was happening to gg and pub server.
    could it be that the nf2 server is exausting resources from the main server?
    or is it on a seperate location?
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

its not only wcs it is gg as well, and it is horrible. its killing the server!
    RellikDloc

4. Default

I will be restarting the physical box tongiht, this should clear up issues. I did play gg and wcs earlier today but did not have any lag. NS2 after a restart did have micro shutter on an empty server so I think the box just needs to be reset.

I will say that the lags are pretty much making the servers unplayable...
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Erdenay View Post
    I will say that the lags are pretty much making the servers unplayable...
    i have to agree with this. up to an hour ago, the server was just retarded.
    it goes ok, but as soon as there is an in-game event, such as enemy showing on screen, it just lags you. and the winner is only determined by who lags out first.
    heck i was standing behind an afk with a scout, aimed at his head and shot, got lagged in the middle of my shot... and it didnt register... same for knives...

i hope this clears up the issues.

zero u were saying smthn on the other thread above upgrading the box and server? would that resolve it permanently?

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

7. Default

The actual lag itself seems to be only coming up when you do server calls though. Which is bad because if you time it right and hit nominate or something you can make people lag out and cause your team to win the round.

8. Default

So is it confirmed that the NS2 server is causing this?

9. Default

No it is likely the map change plugin. The ns2 server was not even on or in use when they are complaning about the lag. Also the ns2 server was full for hours on end today with no lag occuring on the css servers durring that time.

10. Default

No it is likely the map change plugin. The ns2 server was not even on or in use when they are complaning about the lag. Also the ns2 server was full for hours on end today with no lag occuring on the css servers durring that time.
    zero the server is beyond fucked up. its laggy as fuck, for 30 seconds at a time u just stop playing, scratch ur ass, and then resume back to find urself dead... -.-
    im not sure what the problem is but the lag usually starts whenever 2 enemies are 50ft close to eachother... thats why u're almost certainly dead when that happens...
    ihave a couple demos too... maybe it recorded my crappy experience in wcs today...

it also seems to happen a lot during the night times... does the server go into power saving or smthn ? laggy as hell...
    please fix ?
    please and thank u.