Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Speccing to force auto-switch

1. Default

Amen Cybie
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    agreed
    Yup which is why I told vanilla that he didn't have to worry. It's for the people who blatently do it. I was just trying to warn him that such an offense was bannable if exploited.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    Yup which is why I told vanilla that he didn't have to worry. It's for the people who blatently do it. I was just trying to warn him that such an offense was bannable if exploited.
    Yeah there are a lot of people who bitch that an admin doesn't balance the teams, like its their job to do that, then they go spec and blatanly say they are doing it to balance the teams. There was a claim of admin abuse on HK a little while back for this exact reason, it needed to be explicitly stated that going spec to force balance is against the rules.

4. Default

I made a post a while back about how admins are 2 not fuck with the teams. the only time it would be acceptable is if someone on the winning team volunteered to go over 2 the losing team.

going in spec 2 force a balance is the same as an admin just using commands 2 do it... so obviously, don't.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    I made a post a while back about how admins are 2 not fuck with the teams. the only time it would be acceptable is if someone on the winning team volunteered to go over 2 the losing team.

going in spec 2 force a balance is the same as an admin just using commands 2 do it... so obviously, don't.
    And you will know that my name is the law *boom*. Oh I'm sorry did I break your concentration?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhMS70_EYw0

6. Default

how about repeatedly leaving the server to force autoassign, then rejoining and joining the stacked team? would that also qualify under exploitation?

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    how about repeatedly leaving the server to force autoassign, then rejoining and joining the stacked team? would that also qualify under exploitation?
    It should be, but with a time limit or when the map changes, like 30 minutes or map change, that allows for rage quits and effectivly nullifies the attempt at exploiting the autobalance system and leaves no grey area for people who can claim they lost connection or something like that.

8. Default

the same thing as speccing to force an auto switch imo.
    But like spasm said, there are people who go to spec for a smoke or to pee or smthn.

The same rule of thumb can be applied to the players who rejoin the server: they could either be blatantly switching teams, or reconnectin for the vaga glitch, or went to another server for a moment (mostly admins do that), or went on the phone and didnt want to hold up a res slot... Etc.

bottom line is, use the same judgement u would use in gungame for rejoiners vs the handicap exploit: use ur judgement, ASK THEM WHY THEY REJOINED (cant tell u how many blatantly confess they were changing teams), keep track of people who do this a lot...

The 'my dog ate my homework' generic excuse can only be used soo many times when u do smthn wrong. Demo them, keep track, and ASK/WARN before doing anything. I dont want regulars gettin instantly banned bcos they rejoined after their internet was cutting out...

Also keep an eye out on who joins the stacked team when they rejoined (assuming they had a choice, ie there was an empty slot at losing team too)...These are the people to question

EDIT: if someone bitches with the following "REALLY? you're saying it's an exploit that we are trying to UNSTACK the team? You're siding WITH the stacking?" just tell them that Zero said he's working on a wcs-oriented team balance idea that will solve the stacking problem (or so he claims), and that we are enforcing this rule because there WILL be a non-exploited solution against stacking.

He said it should be ready in january, they just need to have patience and faith, and get used to never doing this exploit ever again.
    Last edited by CYBER; 01-02-2013 at 03:54 PM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

9. Default

then heads up, mr. squirrely was on the other day, saying multiple times that he was gonna disconnect "until the teams unstack". he did it, came back and left a few times, but i wanted a definite ruling before doing anything.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

10. Default

that it would.

Maynard - The WCS Guy