Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Proposed WCS Race Changes

East Coast (and that's all I'm tellin' xD)

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    it's eye ra and eye ra is fine (regarding what you're complaining about) it's a support class and should be played as such, and doing it's summons in confined spaces so any fast or teleporting race cant take off on ya. Ive never had issues killing vegas with it.
    I see what you're saying, and I wasn't thinking of the Eye Ra having issues killing the vagas. It was more encouraging the class to be used to complete objectives rather than standing on the side lines ressing and summoning at spawn or in a secluded area. If a radius were used as opposed to having to shoot it, one would hope the player would stay with teammates to move around the map in groups. If you like how it stays in the background all the time, then disregard my opinion that's fine. Just looking to improve the dynamic flow of the rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    I'm assuming this is your way of saying I've given up my rights to comment on the server's future? Too bad. This is the forums and no where in my post did I say I would stop trying to improve the server from the forum side. No harm in offering my opinion, everyone's free to take it with a grain of salt, including you.
    Artist's Representation - "Finding life on the go board"

2. Default

pretty much every race is identical to how they were on the old server, therefore, no changes are needed.

the ONLY changes that need to be made are toning spiderman down (it feels far more powerful than on the old server), and making undead able to overheal with its lifesteal.

the first is unlikely, and the second is impossible at this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Lol im not saying they are overpowered. Just saying if you look at fixing raps look to make them all a like. I was just giving options on the other side of it. I know how easy it is to kill a vaga once you know how the player moves. Like ronnie likes to go down then up every time. So its not hard to find him. Most people stick to the same pattern. I didn't mean to have it come off like I think they are overpowered. I had a kid crying in the background and just threw up my thoughts without rereading.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    pretty much every race is identical to how they were on the old server, therefore, no changes are needed.

the ONLY changes that need to be made are toning spiderman down (it feels far more powerful than on the old server), and making undead able to overheal with its lifesteal.

the first is unlikely, and the second is impossible at this time.
    if that's the ultimate goal then sure, no changes are needed, but are you also saying that no races should be added just because they weren't on the old server? im not one to rest on my laurels...god dammit i just said "laurels"...and i think a few changes might improve the overall gameplay experience.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

No to Archmage, Bloodmage and Jack.

Definite no to hells demon (horrible idea, IMHO) and Eye Of Ra.

Just remove the see through walls for raps and it's fine.

Agreed with everything else.

Also, if Shadow Hunter counters you as a molecule, you're not playing molecule right - although I would like to see evasion reduced on mole/spider...

P.S. stfu about succy.
    Last edited by Erdenay; 01-03-2013 at 11:53 PM.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chef C Green View Post
    I see what you're saying, and I wasn't thinking of the Eye Ra having issues killing the vagas. It was more encouraging the class to be used to complete objectives rather than standing on the side lines ressing and summoning at spawn or in a secluded area. If a radius were used as opposed to having to shoot it, one would hope the player would stay with teammates to move around the map in groups. If you like how it stays in the background all the time, then disregard my opinion that's fine. Just looking to improve the dynamic flow of the rounds.
    that's the thing though, you're trying 2 make changed 2 eye ra that totally change how it's designed and meant 2 be played. Eye ra can complete the objective just fine... when I'm rocking it (which is quite often) I'm one of the last few standing cause I've stayed back and played a support role which is how it's designed... and by the time I finally make my way 2 the objective, I've taken 2-4 people out through summons. Eye Ra is perfect the way it is... most the races are... as aco said, most the races are running just as they should and originally did... there's a few races that need minor tweaks 2 get them back 2 where they were or 2 fix the odd glitch, but on the whole, the races are fine. Not sure why I'm even having this convo with you though... didn't you get mad and resign from the server?

Quote Originally Posted by Erdenay View Post
    Also, if Shadow Hunter counters you as a molecule, you're not playing molecule right - although I would like to see evasion reduced on mole/spider...
    shadow hunter has always been a counter for molecule and most races... simply cause when it comes down 2 molecule your wards outlast molecule shield.. if a molecule is pwwning you as a shadowhunter... you're not playing SH properly.
    Last edited by maynard; 01-04-2013 at 04:09 AM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    shadow hunter has always been a counter for molecule and most races... simply cause when it comes down 2 molecule your wards outlast molecule shield.. if a molecule is pwwning you as a shadowhunter... you're not playing SH properly.
    Ever played Spasm as molecule? He always has anti-wards and he knows how to play that race perfectly, so wards are next to useless against him so while they counter other players, it's a no-go for him. Both human and nebula work as a MUCH better counters to molecule than SH.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Erdenay View Post
    Ever played Spasm as molecule? He always has anti-wards and he knows how to play that race perfectly, so wards are next to useless against him so while they counter other players, it's a no-go for him. Both human and nebula work as a MUCH better counters to molecule than SH.
    interesting, you mean buying the item that counters shadow hunter means you'll be able to counter shadow hunter?

spasm is not what is being discussed. maymay did not say "shadow hunter is a counter for spasm's molecule". he was making a genrealized statement that is quite true. shadow hunter, if played properly, is a very effective counter for molecule.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

edited a bit, eye ra suggestion removed.

and on the issue of shadow hunter/molecule, don't forget that shadow hunter is the only race that can sometimes shoot through molecule shield

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    interesting, you mean buying the item that counters shadow hunter means you'll be able to counter shadow hunter?

spasm is not what is being discussed. maymay did not say "shadow hunter is a counter for spasm's molecule". he was making a genrealized statement that is quite true. shadow hunter, if played properly, is a very effective counter for molecule.
    Obviously not necessarily, but it takes away the main weapon..

Fair enough. There are few others who do the same thing as Spasm, but I can go with general sentiments that both you and Brett provided.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)