Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta Shop Menu Balance Released

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Masskid View Post
    99 is way to much.... talk about nade spam centeral
    even 20 would be nade spam... imagine you got 2 ct's on office, just hacking nade after nade at the T spawn... it's just not right... it's nothing but spam and will beyond unbalance everything. I don't want 2 see the server become a fucking nade fest non stop cause that's all it will be.

if we're going 2 remove the time delay, which is what prevented people from spamming the nades, we need 2 seriously limit the amount of them you get.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

2. Default

Also as for how bad the code was before this change: it would every 10 seconds run a loop that checks every player if they have gloves if they are alive and if they do not have a nade and if they do not it gives them one. In the original wcs it just gave you a new nade after you tossed your old one.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    no. 20 is way 2 fucking much, cause you're not waiting for your next nade, you can sit there and just spam them, and 20 nades with a class like orc would seriously fuck everything up.the issue is spamming, that's it.
    orc cant get gloves and i also lowered it to 15 before i saw ur comment. I was thinking that 15 grenades for 2.5-3k shouldnt be a big deal...I mean santas get 10 nades free lol..

Not to mention that ppl who stay in spawn were able to nade-purchase-spam grenades while that 10s cooldown triggered... Its costy? Sure. But was spammable even with the delay? Also applied..
    as for what zero just said. U get a nade as soon as u throw ur other one, is there a cap on how many times that happens??:O
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

What I could do which is a lot more complex is do exactly how it worked on the old wcs but not give them the nade until 5 sec has passed. This will result in the code and timers only running when a player has thrown a nade so it is still faster than it running all the time.

5. Default

the focus back then was learning the servers races, finding all the best little things you could do and counters, leveling the races... as where most regulars now have damn near everything maxed and just wana have some fun and pwwn... the mentality and play style has seriously changed since those days. This would be something that would end up getting over used, and would just make everything shit.

I'm all for the getting a set nade amount so we can prevent glitches and what not, but the nade limit needs 2 be seriously lowered.

20 or lower... id like 2 see it lower than 20... but anything above that is just fucking crazy.
    Last edited by maynard; 01-07-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    even 20 would be nade spam... imagine you got 2 ct's on office, just hacking nade after nade at the T spawn... it's just not right... it's nothing but spam and will beyond unbalance everything. I don't want 2 see the server become a fucking nade fest non stop cause that's all it will be.

if we're going 2 remove the time delay, which is what prevented people from spamming the nades, we need 2 seriously limit the amount of them you get.
    Played hell hunter on test server.... killed someone with only the flames before they could walk through the fire

7. Default

maybe zero you could change the timer to say 45 seconds with the gloves giving 5 nades at that time, that way the timer is every 45 seconds instead of 10, increasing performance.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    maybe zero you could change the timer to say 45 seconds with the gloves giving 5 nades at that time, that way the timer is every 45 seconds instead of 10, increasing performance.

The problem with the cycle though seems to be that if you run out of nades, and its 3 seconds before the timer goes off, you get more nades in 3 seconds, but if you run out at the end of a cycle then you are looking at having to wait 45 seconds for more nades, and by then you are likely already dead.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    The problem with the cycle though seems to be that if you run out of nades, and its 3 seconds before the timer goes off, you get more nades in 3 seconds, but if you run out at the end of a cycle then you are looking at having to wait 45 seconds for more nades, and by then you are likely already dead.
    if your basing your entire gameplan on spamming nades then yes, but people do buy guns...

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    if your basing your entire gameplan on spamming nades then yes, but people do buy guns...
    Ok dead was a poor choice of words, lets say round over. Even if i want to spam, and im gonna be smart about it, depending on the map, id wait lets say 15-20 seconds before i start tossing, and i wouldn't do one after another. By the time 1:30 is off of the clock(time after system cycles twice), me getting extra nades is kind of useless since if the round isn't over, its damn close and nades are not gonna help. As it is now i have the potential to spam 13 grenades in that time period, so that change would actually make the gloves less effective.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.