Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: summoning off the map

1. Default summoning off the map

having an issue in vegas currently where it's possible to summon a player outside of the map area. in one particular instance i was summoned to this area and the bomb was planted. i had no way of going back onto the map to complete the objective. i feel like since this manipulates the game so that the objective is not completable, it shouldn't be legal, but wanted to get a discussion going to confirm. can post a demo if neeed.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

2. Default

remember that it is 100% legal to summon someone such that if they move slightly, they die/disappear. example being "into" the water on de_port. it's possible (and allowed) to stand such that moving forward slightly after being summoned will cause the player to die, as it is technically the summoned's fault he ran off the edge.

a demo would be nice, however, as this does sound different from the normal situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

East Coast (and that's all I'm tellin' xD)

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    remember that it is 100% legal to summon someone such that if they move slightly, they die/disappear.
    True, but you're not exactly dying here, so much as being trapped. It offers another way to manipulate players, such that a player could be trapped out of the map from the first summon. Once all other members have died, the bomb can be planted leisurely without threat of being defused, and the player unable to kill himself for with-holding exp from the opposing team. The irony is that the summoner is also with-holding the ability to either defuse or try to fight his way to defuse.
    Artist's Representation - "Finding life on the go board"

4. Default

Wouldn't it be the same as if you summoned in a vent? In essence you are summoning a player where they will be stuck, which I thought was a against the rules for Eye Ra.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Wouldn't it be the same as if you summoned in a vent? In essence you are summoning a player where they will be stuck, which I thought was a against the rules for Eye Ra.
    you can't summon in vents. zero got rid of that ability a LONG time ago. the summoning fails if the player is unable to move a single pixel in at least 1 random direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

posting the demo, watch i2o4, he tries it several times, successfully at 39000 and 45000

Fire, walk with me.

7. Default

honestly ? I'm with a meh on this one.
    It's really a situational scenario. TOO situational, to the point of being quite the achievement.
    Not only do you need to be on THAT map, but you have to be on that team, at that position, summoning the last guy, who conveniently doesn't have a lace or cannot teleport or fly etc, while the objective is yet to be finished...

Personally? I see this as if u're a vaga, and the enemies got you stuck with a lace. Enemies can simply keep u stuck and go do the objective.
    You cannot teleport out to stop them. So they ARE technically blocking you from finishing the objective because u're stuck when they could have simply killed u . The only reason they don't is to get more moolah from the bomb or hosties.
    And u might argue that getting stuck with a lace is a game mechanic, but so is summoning people off edges, regardless of the map.

The fact that you can block this by having a lace should be sufficient, if it happened once? it's like those fucking idiots who use hell hunter and go off map with the bomb... and die there... shit happens, tough luck, you counter it or learn from it.
    What would happen on crackhouse then if someone summoned u outside the map? or if u were shooting someone and they fell into the building cracks

I'll vote allowed for now, due to rareness of this "exploit".
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

From what I can see this is the same as getting a player stuck in that they are stuck outside of the map which is something that is obviously not intnded.

9. Default

From what I can see this is the same as getting a player stuck in that they are stuck outside of the map which is something that is obviously not intnded.
    this is how i was interpreting it. not to mention...idk if he can get back into the map, so that's also not doing his objective.

Fire, walk with me.

10. Default

last i checked zero, u are able to summon people to their death. Dying = not able to complete objective, so would surviving the fall be considered bad? Not to mention that they would be able to kill that summoned guy that fell outside if needed, just follow him. Whether he died from the summon fall or survived, it should be game over for him nway.... Thats my opinion i guess
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...