Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SSD Time?

1. Arrow SSD Time?

The totally stupidly crazy IO load from the NS2 servers during map changes is creating some issues for all the servers on the box. Mainly if any one NS2 server and any other server change maps at the same time it can take a while to actually change, and lets not even talk about changing maps on both ns2 servers at the same time...

To allow for faster map changes and thus better stability for all server overall I have been looking into getting a small SSD that could run the NS2 servers and the WCS server (the other servers would be too large to fit). This would not only allow those 3 servers to run very very fast but would also isolate them from the other servers and especially ZM which can get some long map change times if it occurs at the same time as the NS2 servers.

Obviously a server grade SSD is pretty pricy per month so over the coming weeks I will be looking hard at the number of admin subs to see if we can afford it. Worst case I can hope that the improved performance form the SSD will spark some new subs

2. Default

Good call. Still think you should think of getting some other way to get payment besides Paypal as well.

3. Default

What about the actual lag on the ns2 servers that makes everyone Rubberband like crazy?

Tastes like your moms kisses.

4. Default

Only a time machine or removal of LUA code will solve that.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    Good call. Still think you should think of getting some other way to get payment besides Paypal as well.
    i agree on the paypal shit...
    it's a piece of shit and it gives me the worst time every time i need to sub...

i know that u have it integrated so that it automatically gives ppl their admin, but im sure there's another way.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

6. Default

and we're discussing...a fucking SSD?

shit zero, quit slacking and think big. time machine or bust, c'mon man.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    Damn right ! i vote : Google Checkout
    (ALL) aNex <ibis>:  As soon as I saw you trying to find the button tommy
    (ALL) aNex <ibis>:  My eyes got wide and verbally said, "No...."
    (ALL) aNex <ibis>:  Kill the tommy!
    (ALL) Tommy <ibis.a>:  lol xD

8. Default

google checkout does not accpet subscreptions at all to my knowlage.

9. Default

Then why do other NS2 servers run fine without constant rubberbanding?

Tastes like your moms kisses.

10. Default

Is this why the WCS server seems to be a bit laggy today? Or is it just me? D:
    One man's ceiling is another man's floor.