This is all you need to understand what kionay brings to the table:

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...11423-rong-guy
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    This is all you need to understand what kionay brings to the table:

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...11423-rong-guy

out of curiosity, What.
    Since you seem to know an awful fucking lot about good and bad maps.
    mind throwing me a map idea, or quick sketch that might be of use for future wcs mapping?

also, whether people like you like the map or not, I really think we should give it a chance on the servers, let people RTV off of it , or not play it by CHOICE rather than completely denying it at the roots...
    if the map proves to be bad, I'll be the first to post a Remove thread...

FFS we have maps like BLARGHH and ARGHH and rats_studio and 17 thousand versions of dust, dust2, italy, and office... and all the open skybox maps like port and compound etc..
    can we at least TRY the map on the server to test in action so that I can see where it went wrong, IF it went wrong?
    hell i'll be the first to test it on the tester server first... and request it to be removed if it's REALLY that aweful of a map.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

We have dozens of maps that are rtv'ed off of almost immediately as is. Those maps all of similar things in common, among them is that they are essentially broken for wcs since you can blitz spawns too quickly, or have only outdoor bombsites with no obstacles or passages preventing flyers or spiders from going to one or the other instantly.

A good map for wcs needs to allow for all races to have a shot and not be completely disadvantaged. All of the maps, this one in particular, made by Goku were designed to make it easier for flyers, vagas, and spidermans. Why? Because Goku sucks at the game and rather than learn how to control the races he wants to have maps that nullify their weaknesses. This is the guy who wanted to "fix" Italy, the most popular map on the server, so that spiders and vagas wouldn't get held up on textures and remove the ceiling for the flyers. That is batshit insane. You know as well as I do what people complain about, and its not about vagas and spiders being to difficult to play.

A good map has a nice mix of open and closed areas. It should not be possible to fly from one spawn to the other without having something to block or hinder your way. The number one thing is of course a ceiling and doorways/tunnels that prevent such actions. Any map that needs to be made more "open" will make the map shitty as fuck. Think of the open maps we have, like rats_homestudio or port, are immediately rtved since it sucks for anyone who isn't flying around the sky that an asshole. Dolls functions decently because there are plenty of hidden areas and closed pathways that allow travel without being completely exposed, still planting the bomb is very difficult for a non-flyer or teleporter, but since the site can be defend from multiple angles this problem is somewhat mitigated.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.