Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [ADD] wcs_halo_crysis

1. Default [ADD] wcs_halo_crysis

UPDATE: I'm pulling the map suggestion. This thread can be deleted.
    Last edited by Goku; 09-11-2013 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Who cares?
    ======================
    It's my stomach.... I'm hungry!
    ======================

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    First of all, this was partially Cyber's idea. This is Hang Em High redone, retextured and more specified for wcs gameplay. There are ramps and cover spots added so you can climb higher in the map. I've recreated and added some teleporters. I have turned it into a bomb/defuse map and removed all weapon pickups in place of actual buy zones. I think people will like this.

Give it a test run and try your best to give constructive criticism if you would. Please.
    Even if you don't like it tell me what you DO like so I can keep it in mind. Thanks.

Here's the download link with screenshots:
    http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/176256
    WOOT! about time you finalize those bridges and platforms we talked about.

Tried it locally, loving it.

I got concerned about the bombsites' proximities to spawn areas, but then again, dolls and de_crack and others have similarly close bombsites, but at least THIS map has fast access points to non flyers and teleporters for defusing and planting (unlike dolls' impossible walking path to go for defuse..

ZERO ! ADD THIs i wanna play it naw! <3

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

ps: Glad you liked my idea to turn hangem to a wcs map to begin with, along with the suggestions and modifiers i pitched in.

love the textures, u can be agressive and rushing in it, or fall back immediately for cover, feels like it might have an amazing and somewhat fast gameplay at all server sizes.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

another dolls? now i can see why cyber wants this...

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    another dolls? now i can see why cyber wants this...
    not like dolls at all... in this map, non vagas, non flyers and non humanwhores are able to play this map at the same pace of speed and coverage.

also, how many maps do we really play on the server anyway? (no im not talking about the "once a week maps")
    aztec
    crackhouses
    dolls
    italies
    cbble
    offices
    dust 1 2 (all crappy 17 thousand versions of them)
    the T sided assaults?
    broken westwood?
    nipper everynow and then?
    all these at a 24/7 rotation.
    am i missing something?

that's a whooooole lot of selection right?
    so yeah, of that shitty selection of maps we constantly play, forgive me if i dont mind playing dolls every now and then,
    and thinking of turning a huge "gg" map to a decent-sized wcs map...

so again, do you mind telling me what is god awful about this "dolls alternative" that you're calling? i'd love to get the gd criticism so that i can incorporate those in my next design idea im pitching soon...

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

Would really need to see it in action, but here's my view from just the empty map.

This is like our rats maps in the objective is able to be covered from almost anywhere on the map. At the very least, I would have liked one of the bomb sites to have some cover, similar to westwood. As it is, it's just a sniper's wetdream, eg: Dolls.

On this map, vaga will take off to the roof, and it's going to be a race, can he pick off the other team, or will they manage to take him out first. Walking races have cover from spawn kills, but when the vagas and humans are in the rafters in the first seconds... At least dolls and deathcookin let people who want to play blood mage or crypt lord let the enemies come to them.

Also: walking off the upper ledge, onto the T bomb site deals 104 damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    Would really need to see it in action, but here's my view from just the empty map.

This is like our rats maps in the objective is able to be covered from almost anywhere on the map. At the very least, I would have liked one of the bomb sites to have some cover, similar to westwood. As it is, it's just a sniper's wetdream, eg: Dolls.

On this map, vaga will take off to the roof, and it's going to be a race, can he pick off the other team, or will they manage to take him out first. Walking races have cover from spawn kills, but when the vagas and humans are in the rafters in the first seconds... At least dolls and deathcookin let people who want to play blood mage or crypt lord let the enemies come to them.

Also: walking off the upper ledge, onto the T bomb site deals 104 damage.
    just tested. this. insta vaga plant and then the site is wiiiide ass open and easy as shit to cover. conversely, if t's don't have a vaga, ct's can defend the bomb sites so easily because they have virtually no cover.

this map NEEEEEDS at least one site with roof cover. without it, being this wide open, it's impossible to balance.

the tele up to the rafters is nice, gives some other races a fighting chance, gives them cover from vagas and a view of the objective. still, an opposing vaga can just line up a shot into the covered areas real quick and take out anyone in there, and it becomes a deathtrap.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    just tested. this. insta vaga plant and then the site is wiiiide ass open and easy as shit to cover. conversely, if t's don't have a vaga, ct's can defend the bomb sites so easily because they have virtually no cover.this map NEEEEEDS at least one site with roof cover. without it, being this wide open, it's impossible to balance. the tele up to the rafters is nice, gives some other races a fighting chance, gives them cover from vagas and a view of the objective. still, an opposing vaga can just line up a shot into the covered areas real quick and take out anyone in there, and it becomes a deathtrap.
    see?
    THIS is gd criticism from both of u. In fact, chris and i had the same argument about having one of the bombsites being un the side house.

But now i have an even better for one of the bombsites... That is, if we keep TWO bombsites (i might suggest scrapping one of them and only keep the ct-sided one, with a decent idea for covering it).

--- are there any other things you guys might want to suggest before i take this to Mr Mapster? it's better to do all fixes at once before zero shows up to add or reject it!

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

As for the edge-walking to bombsite dmg, im not sure it was meant to be jumped lol... I think we made 1 site easily accessible from top with floating ramp, and 1 from bottom with side ramps to accomodate all race types... But clearly the biggest issue is not the race gameplay and coverage as opposed to SPECICALY the bombsite vs vaga rush-planting/protecting

8. Default

If it turns into another rats home studio or rats crapper, then its gonna be a shitty map, but as I have not played the original and do not know how he has made it worse, I can't not have any real objections at this point other than to say, whenever he feels he makes a map good for wcs he means removing ceilings and making it way to easy for flyers and spideys, which is why everyone hates maps like inferno pro or future aztec, cause flyers get from point a to point b way to fucking fast.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

9. Default

The two "elevator" Teleporters: When I enter with speed, I keep getting teleported back and forth. It throws me backward when I go through those pairs. The other set of portals seems to work fine.

When playing 10v10 spawn points are such that spawn killing will happen a lot.

The accessing the site thing was just an observation, you can jump to the ramp thingy and only take about 90. With all the sloped surfaces we get, fall damage is going to be inconsistent anyway.

Also, this is opinion, I prefer 2 objective sites, for bomb maps especially. Single site often becomes more of a deathmatch than plant/defuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

I dislike it - and it's hard for me since I know there was a lot of work put in here.

Honestly, strictly WCS maps should be done very differently as this map will just encourage further whoring of races that are whored (and some are unlimited) - a good spiderfag/human map where you don't even have that much skill to be successful along with another map where vagas run rampant (Not as bad as Port, but still bad).

Furthermore, the layout of this map encourages camping and will punish races that don't have either mobility or invisibility as they'll be left in open as easy targets and most likely die very quickly. As we're already losing people, this map would also be a very bad experience as they would get raped and would most likely blame balance. I won't go as far as to say that this is as bad as port or crackhouse, but it's not far off.

In a way, this also reminds me off the infamous battleship as flying races and ESPECIALLY Santa will also be an absolute nuisance since it's fairly easy to maneuver around and pick people off when they can do next to nothing against you.

All in all, I would vote definitely no to this map. I really do appreciate the work from both of you, but I think it'd be spent better if you'd work on something else.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.