View Poll Results: i2o4's a whore, but is he a cheater?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't leave us!

4 57.14%
  • VAC ban = IBIS ban

3 42.86%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I've been VAC banned

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    JW: There are bhop injectibles which will get a VAC ban.
    Indeed - and that would not constitute a script, it would be an executable.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jwtemp View Post
    an executable would normally cause an automatic vac ban. one that doesn't happen immediately would be based on reports and evidence. since VAC can't control all methods of cheating through their program alone, they can sometimes review evidence and make the bans manually. vac can't tell if it's an exe or a script, but they can make the ban either way. we know i2o4's been bhopping, we know he's used scripts, but we have no evidence that it happened on this server.

and yes, a player like i2o4 would have certainly been detected by us if he made a new account. new players playing well always raise a red flag. i personally haven't been in-game much recently, but when i am i always check into new names with good scores, especially in wcs.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

3. Default

I read this far -
    Everything I'm coming up with on the Steam forums indicates VAC bans aren't instituted for bhop scripts
    - and replied, should have kept reading.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    an executable would normally cause an automatic vac ban. one that doesn't happen immediately would be based on reports and evidence. since VAC can't control all methods of cheating through their program alone, they can sometimes review evidence and make the bans manually. vac can't tell if it's an exe or a script, but they can make the ban either way. we know i2o4's been bhopping, we know he's used scripts, but we have no evidence that it happened on this server.

and yes, a player like i2o4 would have certainly been detected by us if he made a new account. new players playing well always raise a red flag. i personally haven't been in-game much recently, but when i am i always check into new names with good scores, especially in wcs.
    Alls I'm saying is everything I'm reading indicates bhop scripting is not VAC ban-able. Find some evidence to the contrary and I'll accept your thesis. Scribble, here's the Steam VAC page:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7849-Radz-6869

Pay special attention to the following paragraph:

Quote Originally Posted by Valve
    While server admins may choose to ban specific players, server admins cannot VAC ban players. The VAC system is automated - contacting Steam Support to report cheaters is not necessary, nor will Steam Support act on any information provided.

The VAC system reliably detects cheats using their cheat signatures. Any third-party modification to a game designed to give one player an advantage over another is classified as a cheat or hack and will trigger a VAC ban. This includes modifications to a game's core executable files and dynamic link libraries.
    Therefore, if Valve is following their own outlined policies, you are wrong. He was banned by an automated system for using something VAC detected. That or VAC just randomly bans people, this is the first I've ever heard of it and i2o4 is an innocent victim.

As for you crazies definitely sleuthing it up and finding him out if he used a different account, that's pure speculation. Again, you play with people who shouldn't be playing on IBIS with you when you play.

5. Default

hmm. i assumed since you had the opportunity on steam to report an account for cheating that they actually...i dunno, used that feature.

who knows then. either way, we need evidence of it occurring on ibis servers.

Fire, walk with me.

6. Default

No, I meant I should have kept reading your post.

7. Default

ooooooooo this means I'm rank 4 now

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Masskid View Post
    ooooooooo this means I'm rank 4 now
    Did this officially just make tom the #1 ranked player in the server right now ? -.-

oh and i2, fuck yo couch nigga ... now i gots to carry those teams (and faily miserably) without your sorry ass -.- </3
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    Did this officially just make tom the #1 ranked player in the server right now ? -.-

oh and i2, fuck yo couch nigga ... now i gots to carry those teams (and faily miserably) without your sorry ass -.- </3
    No it makes Ronnie #1

and also Cyber you have troubles carrying yourself >.>

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Masskid View Post
    No it makes Ronnie #1

and also Cyber you have troubles carrying yourself >.>
    cuz he's so fat, right?

Fire, walk with me.