Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Missing sounds

1. Default

Everyone seems to have their own set of sounds missing. However, most do not have ult ready, human/beast tele, chainlightning. Personally I am missing the Santa ult and most annoyingly, the rapscallion ult noise.

I'm missing a number of sounds apparently... Just hopped on today. Don't know what happened or why it happened.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

3. Default

I almost never hear any respawning sound alerting me that I'm respawning, except on santa.
    just something to throw out there, people tell me that bloodmage and orc gives you a respawn sound the second u die, whereas i usually have to read chat to notice it...

Also missing rapscallion ulti,
    huma/beast ulti is erratic, sometimes they don't proc the sound and the only thing u hear is getting shot at from behind out of the blue.
    i sometimes don't hear shadow hunter invul but guess it by color change only,
    and none of my ultimates make that "NOPE" buzz-alert when a lace is nearby and cant be activated, except for vagalion SOMETIMES...

Now here's the thing, and this is weird and i'm still trying to find a demo to prove it, but sometimes FOOTSTEPS are randomly going silent in the game, and no, it's not the "amulet of the cat", but i just get randomly killed from behind by a running flamepred or invis rapscallion (again, no ulti sound), and i hear no footsteps before i die, nor after i spec their view when they dnt have the cat.
    What gives?
    Last edited by CYBER; 12-03-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

I've been missing my "Ultimate is ready for use" sound. I don't hear other's ultimate readied sometimes.

Also as for footsteps.... I've heard Amulet of Cat users footsteps glitch to where I actually hear them instead for a second and then nothing?

I just went through all the races by myself on the test server that are missing sounds for ME and ME only at the moment.... and here's what I've found

Can't hear my Ultimate is Ready sound
    Human Tele + Beast Tele = I can't hear these at all
    I don't hear Santa's Nice List jingle anymore
    I don't hear Santa's flying sound effect anymore

Attempted to move these files outta my STEAM folder and reinstall them via rejoining server, but no luck.
    Last edited by Wolfenstinger; 12-03-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

5. Default

What format are the sound files? I don't have access to my computer right now, but depending on the format, I may just make my own sounds

6. Default

i would assume they are wav files. But you can always just do your own personal sound effects when you play, you know. (pew pew. BSHKOOOOM, etc.)
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

7. Default

so zero? do u think there's a way to fix this? i thought of deleting the local files, and disabling server download a bit, then reenable it hoping it would work...
    but wolf seems to say that the solution doesnt work?
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

if the files r in your local system and the error you get in console says it can not find them but they are physically there then it is an engine error. Likely created by the latest valve update. In other words valve broke sound effects from working correctly in game.

9. Default

I have some new ideas and will try to see if I can program some fault tolerance into the sounds. This may open the ability to allow for the sounds to recover if they were not preached for some reason.

Out of Undead, Human and Orc which one has this issue the most right now? I will try to apply a new method only to that race and see if it removes the problem only for that race. This way we will know if my method is able to fix it. I can then program a special native function which can then be tested and then if that works I can have a simple method to apply an update to all existing races with minimal code increase.

Assuming it does work and depending on the amount of error handling this could be a lot of code but I think it might be possible to get a client to recover from this error and still play the sound so that the client will not even know an error occurred. I will during the test make it say error in chat or something as to get some feedback with regard to the error.

10. Default

I think I found the issue. It is an old pure bug.

Try the following. Only play on WCS after restarting CS:S as in do not play on any server other than WCS first. If the error occurs when you have not yet played on any other servers besides WCS in your current session than it is not the normal Valve error.

For those effected please test and let me know.