Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Regular expression searching in stats?

1. Default Regular expression searching in stats?

Hey zero, any chance we can have some regular expression search capabilities in the server stats? (or similar partial-search options?)

usage:
    i want to search partial names, ips, and steam ids etc...

I'd like to be able to search for something like:
    192.168.2.*
    or
    192.168.*
    to list all ip addresses on a specific network, or that start with said segment?
    ex: 192.168.2.17 192.168.2.133 192.168.47.221 etc...

i've noticed a pattern where some players change their ip by a digit and then create a new account and join the servers. whether they were hackers, bypassing a ban, or simply going all out to hide smthn... i'd rly like the option to search for their NETWORK ip, not just their actual pc ip, just to get a clear picture on something...

also, is there a way to record all MAC addresses of machines used under said accounts?
    thanks.
    Last edited by CYBER; 01-20-2014 at 02:24 AM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

as an ibis detective, i would fucking love this functionality.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

3. Default

also. can u make it so that when we search for a steam id or ip of an inactive player, we can still see their stats instead of having to go through google cache?

they dont need to keep their gaming ranks, just it would be better to stay within the site when searching for an ip or steam id of a potential hacker bypasser who was banned/left ages ago.

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

and you can see if people live near you and then you can go and leer at them through their window...........
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    and you can see if people live near you and then you can go and leer at them through their window...........
    lies!
    also, blue boxer shorts don't look so nice on you when you're gaming.
    just saying.

6. Default

What do you mean by the difference between network IP and pc IP? You mean their Internet IP and the IP address on their home network? IBIS will only see the former. And unless the player somehow owns a block of IP space (doubtful) they're not going to be able to just change their address on a whim. The best example of this I can think of is someone on a college network where the DHCP lease is very short. Also, you shouldnt be able to see the end user's MAC address of the device.
    my name a jebby

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jeb the hick View Post
    What do you mean by the difference between network IP and pc IP? You mean their Internet IP and the IP address on their home network? IBIS will only see the former. And unless the player somehow owns a block of IP space (doubtful) they're not going to be able to just change their address on a whim. The best example of this I can think of is someone on a college network where the DHCP lease is very short. Also, you shouldnt be able to see the end user's MAC address of the device.

The thing about internet protocols is that there can be class A, B , and C.

almost EVERY "home" internet is class C, whereas bigger establishments like univesities and big companies are class B.

what is class C?
    class C means that if you look at a normal ip address like : xxx.yyy.zzz.ppp, within the SAME network, i.e same household if you are talking about a home, different computers with have the EXACT same starting xxx.yyy.zzz . the only difference in the IP between ur computer and ur brother's computer would be the very last part , the "ppp", because the subnest mask of 255.255.255.x forces the initial 3 bits sections to be the same.

in class B however, the subnet mask is 255.255.x.y for example, and this basically makes it so that only the first 2 sets of digits are the same for 2 computers chosen randomly on a huge university-like class network, unless they are part of a sub-network of class C.,

-----
    ok so why the fuck did i tell you all this?

you see, IF zero allows us to be able to search for ip addresses like xxx.yyy.zzz.* , this will list all ip addresses that start with the exact sequence entered + a last set of digits.
    but wait, that sounds familiar, does't class C networks have the same first 3 sets of digits? Why yes! OH right, the class C networks point to HOUSES of multiple individuals! meaning that the list of people shown by search will display people in the same class C network household, like multiple computers owned by the same guy, or brothers/sisters in the same house, or a guy using static ip to change the last digit constantly....

but that means something doesnt it? yup, you see if i found 2 different people with the same starting xxx.yyy.zzz.* , and one of them is hacking, or was perma banned before etc, and now i found another active account for them, that means that they are bypassing a ban, and it will help us CONFIRM that the 2 individuals are linked under same roof (brothers are both banned) or it's the same individual, in which case both accounts are banned as well..

This feature will also allow people like brett and I to track down duplicate and stray accounts, that suspected hackers usually try to keep at bay by making them inactive for a long time and changing their last ip digits so that we can't search up previous ips they had under the same house and detect their old accounts, who could have been banned, or who show some fucked up stats.

tl;dr:
    ur network ip is given by the router, the router then applies a subnet mask to give you an individual ip for each computer on that network, by keeping the first 3 digits of the ip and changing the last one (this is class C network routing).
    and being able to search for the first 3 digits will display family members or multiple PCs belonging to the same network to help us close down on hackers

need more explanation bud?

8. Default

Uhhh... I'm going to let someone else explain why a lot of that is wrong. But I'll tell you flat out, even if multiple people play from one household, it will still appear as the same IP address. A home's internal network is never directly connected to the Internet, i.e. you can't contact a 192.168.0.0/16 address from the Internet because that's reserved for private networks.

When I play from home, my computer's home network address is in the 192.168.0.0/16 range, but my address shows up in game as coming from some block from Comcast.

As an example of this, check out phil, minjae, and dinkzdaddy's IP addresses when they play. The history in their stats will share many IPs because they all play at work most of the time.
    Last edited by jeb the hick; 01-21-2014 at 09:13 PM.
    my name a jebby

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Open your stoooopid curtains. I can't see you.

10. Default

What Jeb said. Even a DHCP network can be readily masked. I get what your saying cyber, but only external ip counts. It's MAC or nothing. Then again MAC can be spoofed. With enough know how, I shall always return.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones