Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Huge ass list of balance suggestions

I'm poking at kionay's weird as fuck post just so I can make sense of it and state things that I don't like that he sees. Maybe it can change his view, IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by kionay View Post
    vagas as a race are fine as is, you can use eye ra to see them instead of buying something, some of the less appreciated (or harder to use) races might be encouraged to get an ability to see vagas like ra does to have an insentive to play them?
    Vaga is broke as fuck. Play Rapscallion. Rapscallion is better than Vagalion, let alone Vagabond. It's like playing a Flame Predator on Steroids! (Steroids not included). But no there is some things that I already pointed out for Vaga, as far as levitation goes at least. I also still believe Vagabond is faster than Vagalion slightly because of it, but I don't know. The Levitation and Adrenaline difference do matter when you are looking for them on the live server! Even if the race is utilizing ALMOST the same code to teleport around, Vagalions aren't going to be as random as a Vagabond can be, BUT a Vagalion can teleport more often than a Vagabond could ever teleport. Because of this, I don't really care at what the Levitation and Adrenaline is set at, due to the fact everyone who plays either race adapted and are used to these values already. Changing the values WILL mess with everyone who plays either Vagalion or Vagabond.

magician restrictions i think is a bad idea, the magician only needs to die once to lose those, bird is a magician's bread and butter really
    I do want to state here - Magician USED to be able to use any weapon, but would always spawn the next round with a Pump Shotty / Dualies. Might've been a bug, I don't know. I just remember leveling it back then with an M4 or a compact because I didn't like the Pump Shotty or Dualies. Now I think it's weapon kit has grown on me a bit for its skill set and to just take time on the shots rather than spraying. The Dualies are for spraying.

Levitation - as annoying as it is when it procs for the shooter and the one being shot at, it really does its part for the Magician as he could technically just be a complete tease to his enemies. Also because of the use of a Pump Shotty; being allowed that pause gives time to react to the Levitation if it procs

Crow - Cloak is stupid. Ring and Health is fine.

weblines: MAYBE 1 second, if that
    evade is pretty intense, but it's the spidey's most adventageous ability (arguable i suppose)
    Ok, after reading this, I realized you put the ultimate critique first, then the ability. So...... I'm doing the complete opposite because it bothers me.

Agility - Spidey's Bread n Butter. If you can bhop or even at least chain jumps, you're getting away. Evade just ENSUREs that you won't fall over and die right away. I'm not gonna lie, Evade is annoying, but its Evade. And he's Spider-man.

Web Lines - .5 sec CD like Vagabond or let us do 2 shots (a V shot like he does in the movies) with +ability or +ability1. It'd be interesting maneuvering mechanics for Spider-man

when you say "god i hate {RACE}'s {RACE_ABILITY}!" then something done right (most of the time)
    each ability that makes each race a little bit OP should be able to be countered with gamesense or aim, for example just earlier today gunslinger and i were going at it, he was a vagabond i was night elf, his lack of aim, my evasion, and my aim let me win more than half the time against him

he could've killed me with just a little better aim or movement, i could've killed him more with better aim or by buying a lace (which i did later), our engagements were genuinly fun and challenging and, in my opinion, an amazing example of what engagements should be like between any given two races

flavorfull and fun, with a little bit of swaty-palm intensity that you get playing a really hard level of a video game (analogies yaaaaay)
    Evade Proc = Luck of the draw. Meaning they aren't a TERRIBLE shot if they hit you, but at the same time, they still hit you. They just didn't hit you.

Now about buying laces. Personally kills MY fun in finding any vagas unless they are people like Cyber, Hypanova(Predator), Ronnie, etc...? (I don't know all the well known ones off the top of my head. I know a few old ones though! ) But its more along when you get the lace rather when you already have it. The problem with already having it is that ALL vaga players will play as if you don't have one already (round 1). By round 2, they play semi-cautiously, but not TOO cautiously because you still don't have a lace. By round 3 - we either repeat round 2 because you don't have the money OR we change our methods slightly, adjusting for laces.

Quick-bind your lace to a convenient key (like on your mouse), bait the vaga into coming into close quarters with you, click the button. If it doesn't work, you either have bad positioning and can't figure out where the vaga you are fighting is, or I just make this sound easier said then done because I try to do stupid crazy things like around the corner knifing while you have a lace. I don't know.

TL;DR - I wanted to poke at kionay's post. Poke poke.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstinger View Post

Vaga is broke as fuck. Play Rapscallion. Rapscallion is better than Vagalion, let alone Vagabond. It's like playing a Flame Predator on Steroids! (Steroids not included). But no there is some things that I already pointed out for Vaga, as far as levitation goes at least. I also still believe Vagabond is faster than Vagalion slightly because of it, but I don't know. The Levitation and Adrenaline difference do matter when you are looking for them on the live server! Even if the race is utilizing ALMOST the same code to teleport around, Vagalions aren't going to be as random as a Vagabond can be, BUT a Vagalion can teleport more often than a Vagabond could ever teleport. Because of this, I don't really care at what the Levitation and Adrenaline is set at, due to the fact everyone who plays either race adapted and are used to these values already. Changing the values WILL mess with everyone who plays either Vagalion or Vagabond.
    you're wolf, bar none the best vagalion player i have ever seen in my ~6 months on the server, of course you'd say vaga is OP, a knife race in your hands is OP, gunslinger (not OP but still good XD ) was fun to play against, playing against you as vaga is almost certain death :P

Crow - Cloak is stupid. Ring and Health is fine.
    killing crow without cloak is incredibly easy, i mean crow IS supposed to be an 'ULTIMATE' ability, seeing a crow without a cloak is like screaming "HERE I AM, SHOOT ME!"
    but i can see why this could be arguable :-/

Agility - Spidey's Bread n Butter. If you can bhop or even at least chain jumps, you're getting away. Evade just ENSUREs that you won't fall over and die right away. I'm not gonna lie, Evade is annoying, but its Evade. And he's Spider-man.

Web Lines - .5 sec CD like Vagabond or let us do 2 shots (a V shot like he does in the movies) with +ability or +ability1. It'd be interesting maneuvering mechanics for Spider-man
    I can't bhop for shit, i get like 2, MAYBE 3 hops in, evade is all i have for survivability (because i'm bad with weblines too, which is why you won't see me play spidey anytime soon) and i have seen some of the craziest evade chains on spidey, tanking full P90 clips point blank

as for the cooldown i'm not sure what 'a V shot like he does in the movies' means? but the .5 to 1 second cooldowns i think is a very good idea, the ability for spidey to get to the enemy spawn before the enemy team can get OUT of spawn is pretty crazy, not to say that spidey should be significantly slower, but ffs let them leave spawn first, let there be a beginning of round cooldown or something

... aren't a TERRIBLE shot if they hit you, but at the same time, they still hit you. They just didn't hit you.
    this made me chuckle

Now about buying laces. Personally kills MY fun in finding any vagas unless they are people like Cyber, Hypanova(Predator), Ronnie, etc...? (I don't know all the well known ones off the top of my head.
    you can have FUN finding vagas because you're... well good :P

for myself (and according to the complaints i hear from time-to-time in-game) a vaga swimming around you is one of the most annoying and stressfull things in the game, ESPECIALLY when playing against a vaga immune to laces (read 'wolfenstinger')

when a vaga is around me i cannot predict their movements (90% of the time, mostly because i'm so bad at the game) so buying a lace is the only defense i have against them, otherwise i usually wait for them to kill me, one of my better teammates to kill them, the round to end, or one of their teammates to find us and kill me

being bad at the game doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to have fun(otherwise why am I here?), and a vaga death sentence is not fun

TL;DR - I wanted to poke at kionay's post. Poke poke.
    pokin' me eh? STAHP! XD

A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.

3. Default

The spidey web lines, like the vaga teleport of jack bhop, can be very good and allow people to travel very quickly, but it takes a level of skill to do this. Spidy's can still crash into walls and corners if the dont know what they are doing and they need to know where to aim the web in order to travel the most efficiently. Also, few of the people who play spidey are actually good at killing while zipping around, most come into the area, stop, fire some shots, and then shoot away, providing a good window to kill them.

The problem a lot of people have is that they see how good the top 1% is with a certain race, so they want the race nerfed in some way, yet when they unlock the race or try to play it, they usually blow. Thats not a race thing, thats a skill thing. Vagabond is really the case in point with this, noobs kill themselves all the time with it and those that dont usually take too long decloaked to shoot making themselves easy targets. Any race can seem op if the person using it is good and knows how to use it to the best advantage.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    The problem a lot of people have is that they see how good the top 1% is with a certain race, so they want the race nerfed in some way, yet when they unlock the race or try to play it, they usually blow. Thats not a race thing, thats a skill thing. Vagabond is really the case in point with this, noobs kill themselves all the time with it and those that dont usually take too long decloaked to shoot making themselves easy targets. Any race can seem op if the person using it is good and knows how to use it to the best advantage.

This. Another case is strider. For as long as I remember, strider was the second crappies race in the game after rapscallion, and I have never someone play the race beyond leveling it. and until deez figured out an original way to abuse the race, now people are crying about it.

I cannot stress how many players bitch about the invisible vaga, and claim that once they unlock the race they gonna be op. And when they unlock it, they see the difficulty in leveling all 50 levels, and then notice their negative kdr on the race for weeks and months...
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

Server
    Unrestrict Awp/Autos or restrict P90 as well.
    I’m ok with 1 Auto per team, P90 2 per team

All races
    200-250 HP hard cap
    250hp hard cap sounds good

Shopmenu
    Mask: Broken, fix or remove.
    increase proc rate, proc %, max health cap
    Boots: Increase bonus speed by 0.1-0.15
    Add: Longjump item Cost 3500-4500
    Add but higher cost
    Add: Dust of apperance; colors enemy model some color for 3-6 seconds when hit. Should be made to work against bond, lion, rapscallion and any partial invis race
    Yes

Undead
    Vampiric Aura: Remove tracing visual
    Vampiric Aura: Decrease leech amount by 15% at max, increase leech chance by 5% at max
    With the hard cap i think everything on here should be fine

Human
    Stormwind Cloak: Decrease invis percentage by 10-15% at max level
    Fine where it’s at
    Bash: Remove visual
    It’s Fine
    Bash: [This one will actually pertain to and be referenced by other skills later on that use the same method of stopping player movement] Remove 100% slow(This is an extremely poor way to handle assuring players are frozen due to how slows affect aim and recoil). Replace with a try/catch similar to lace that will detect if player is using a jetpack like ability or if the player is currently bashed or affected by another movement stopping skill. It will stop the ability for the duration of the bash, freeze them, then unfreeze and enable the skill again.
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/5424-004-Night-Elf-0-v1-0-7?p=174532#post174532
    Shopmenu: Restrict Orb of Frost and Periapt of health.
    I think its fine for it to have those items

Orcish Horde
    Critical Strike: Remove tracing visual
    It’s fine with them on
    Critical Strike: Decrease critical strength by 15-25%, increase chance by 5-8% at max levels
    Respawn: Decrease god mode time by half
    God time makes things a bit awkward

Night Elf
    Evasion: Remove tracing visual
    Trueshot Aura: Remove tracing visual
    Thorns: Remove tracing visual
    Visuals Fine
    Entangling Roots: See bash
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/5424-004-Night-Elf-0-v1-0-7?p=174532#post174532
    Entangling Roots: Decrease entangled time by 2-3 seconds at max level; decrease cooldown by 25%
    Shopmenu: Restrict Helm of Excellence
    Don't think any race with evade should be allowed a Helm

Blood Mage
    Banish: Rework this totally. Current banish is a concept failure as it alters the location of the crosshair making it 100% luck based kills while under its effects. The old reverse zoom was hugely effective.
    They have been trying to fix it with no success
    Flame Strike: Reduce burn time by half; Decrease cooldown by 30%
    Burn time maybe by a few seconds but not by half, cooldown imo is fine

Shadow Hunter
    Hex: Extremely underpowered. Only current value is attacking molecule through it's ultimate at a very rare chance. Perhaps a 1-5% chance ability to cause enemies to reload their weapon on attack.
    I don’t even have a clue what hex does

Warden
    Shadow strike: Double the slow and damage
    Vengeance: Add a 5-25% chance to go into a Vengeance frenzy upon respawn gaining 10-30 HP and an addtional 4-12 damage on attack.

Crypt Lord
    Locust Swarm: Do not allow use if player cannot gain any HP from use
    Don’t like this Change
    Locust Swarm: Add a range 1.5 times the size of Orcish Horde chain lighting
    Locust Swarm: Change to passive with a 1-5% chance to inflict 10-30 damage and 15-35 armor damage on attack
    maybe instead of global reduce side, but a lot bigger then orcs

Archmage
    Earthquake: Decrease shake by a magnitude of 2
    Weapons of the Archmage: Add a menu asking if you want to receive the weapons when it procs
    This could fuck you up with a bloodmage respawn just like Chameleons Ability Menu

Flame Predator
    Claw Attack: Change from a weapon drop to forcing the player to pull out their knife
    Burning Blade: Decrease burn time by 0.5-1 seconds

Molecule
    Speed: Decrease by 0.5-0.1 at max level
    Evade: Decrease by 5% at max level
    Force Field: Make it a clone of Shadow Hunters Voodoo
    Force Field: Change to doubling evade for 2-6 seconds remove freeze and 100% slow
    Restrict the god damn helm

Genocide
    Regeneration: Change to a gain of 10-24(2 per level) HP per kill and 5% speed per kills.

Spider Man
    Spidey Sense: drop max chance to 25% evade
    Agility: Max LJ 140-150% drop speed by 10% at max
    Web Shooter: See Bash.
    See Bash Note
    Web Shooter: 25% chance at max
    Weblines: Add a 2-3 second cooldown. Have a longer cooldown at earlier levels.
    that cool down is too high, Honestly i kinda like wolf’s idea of having 2 webs and being able to swing type movement
    Restrict p90

Succubus Hunter
    DTransformation: Add 10-25% speed when used

Panorama
    Wall Climb: Check to make sure values are the same as what the skill info says.
    Flip view: Cut time flipped by half
    Keep it the same
    Rematch: Set a limit to rematches; 2 maybe 3
    NO NO AWWW HELL NO, while you’re at it why not just take the fun out the game >

Vagabond
    Half the total levels of the race change new skill maxes to be 75-80% of current maxes
    Flickering Shadows: Remove and deduct the levels from the total level of the race
    Levitation: Change values to .8-.4 of normal.
    Complete Invisibility:[Will also apply to Vagalion] Add a 3 second cooldown to all levels
    Complete Invisibility:[Will also apply to Vagalion] Add a delay to when the player becomes invisible making it in flight rather than before
    Complete Invisibility:[Will also apply to Vagalion] Add a trail for 0.25 seconds after initial use
    Complete Invisibility:[Will also apply to Vagalion] Half the time after use that the player is frozen
    Shopmenu: Restrict Periapt of Heath
    just not gonna read this one, i dont care about bond or lion much. Wolfie will say everything

Strider Hiryu
    (Remove the race; I'm serious with this )
    Flying Dragon: Decrease speed to a maximum of 1.7; 1.6 preferred
    Flying Dragon: Add a 25-10 second cooldown after releasing the ability1 key
    Kayakujutsu: Decrease burn time by half
    Kayakujutsu: Remove burn time, replace with a 10% slow for the current burn time
    Portal: Add a 30-15 second cooldown
    Shopmenu: Restrict Cloak
    Remove knife while flying. That or add knife to dragonfly and remove the knife from strider(Fuck you strider)

Raiden
    Thunder God: Change ability into a speed ability 1.25-1.35 max
    Thunder God: Change ability to a ward ability; 1 ward, 20-25 damage every 1.5-2 seconds at max level
    Raiden's Wrath: Change to a passive 0.5-4% chance to strike an enemy with lighting instantly killing them or dealing heavy damage; 70-150
    Dont care

Hell Hunter
    Fire arrows: Remove burn and double the damage over time
    Fire grenades: Increase the area of effect by 1.5
    Still dont care

Chameleon
    Bash: See Human Bash
    Entangle: See Human Bash

Hell's Demon
    Restrict: Shotguns and P90

Magician
    Shopmenu: Restrict Ring or Clock
    Ring is fine

Shadow of the Void
    Deaths Shadow: Double the damage
    Vision of the Void: Double the duration of the blind
    Vision of the Void: Increase max chance to 30%

Eye Ra
    Lens of Truth: Fix?
    Summon: Add a range 3-4 times that of Orcs chainlightning( ~150 feet)

Nebula
    Proto Star: Reduce max chance to 35%
    Nebula: Reduce invis time to 3-3.5 seconds

Die Xonvert
    Blood Lust: Change to 15% chance to do 10-25 damage and gain it yourself
    Freeze by Fear: See Human Bash

Beast
    Burning Beast: Change ability into "Raging Beast" 5-10% chance when hit to give full ammo and 10-15 HP

Rapscallion
    Blades: Switch with Vagalion's Blades
    Complete Invisibility: Remove cooldown
    Complete Invisibility: Remove current animation and replace with Vagalion ultimate visual.
    Revert Blades back to previous where each blades had a chance to proc on each other, but at the same time restrict Claw(side note, When i asked zero, during development, he told me that the skill procing on each other was intentional. So I'm not sure why he removed it)

Athena
    Medusa's gaze: Triple the cooldown
    maybe 1.5 it
    Medusa's gaze: Remove the tracing visual
    Medusa's gaze: See Human Bash
    Medusa's gaze: Half the freeze time
    Medusa's gaze: Decrease range by 25%
    Shopmenu: Unrestrict Lace
    make the range of the skill lace multiply by 1.5 when paired with lace

Dragon Fly
    Blood Loss: Double the damage and increase the proc chance by 10% at max
    Shopmenu: Restrict Ahnk[Needs to also be made so that one can't get the weapon, die, changerace then buy ahnk. Perhaps making Dragon Fly changerace only when you next spawn]
    Give it a knife while flying

Jack
    -Will do when I'm next on the server can't remember skill names-
    reduce proc on each skill along with not allowing them to proc on each other

Vagalion
    Flickering shadows: Remove and deduct levels from race's total level
    Blades: Switch with Rapscallions Blades
    Levitation: Change values to 0.8-0.4 of normal
    Complete Invisibility: See Vagabond
    Wolfie got this
    Last edited by Masskid; 02-10-2014 at 12:23 AM.
    OhGasm In Your Mouth : panorama is so nub
    Maukid : lol
    OhGasm In Your Mouth : never realized it

6. Default

First off, the p90 needs to be available to everyone. Its the go to gun for people who need a fighting shot and when you can't afford a rifle.

Second, how could you possibly limit items per team when you have races that can spawn guns and abilities that let you keep your weapons after your death?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    First off, the p90 needs to be available to everyone. Its the go to gun for people who need a fighting shot and when you can't afford a rifle.
    Let me fix this for you

First off, the P90 needs to go fuck itself. Its the go to gun for people who don't fucking feel like learning to aim/have no skill
    OhGasm In Your Mouth : panorama is so nub
    Maukid : lol
    OhGasm In Your Mouth : never realized it

Whatever happened to MP5 Kevlar? Or that's not a thing on WCS? I mean... its still Counter-Strike.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Masskid View Post
    Let me fix this for you

First off, the P90 needs to go fuck itself. Its the go to gun for people who don't fucking feel like learning to aim/have no skill

Again, it seems that the issue with the p90 is that it is a weapon that gets a lot of the better, lets call them finesse, players killed. Limiting items, abilities, or guns because it causes frustration for not being able to run around indiscriminately killing everyone is not going to balance anything, it will unbalance the shit out of it.

10. Default

Brice is $100 correct about removing Strider. The class just slows down the game and doesn't provide anything fun for opposing players. Lace should at least disable flying. This would effectively restrict strider to a flanking race.

For the rest of the suggestions, A+ list would read again.