Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Old Bastard 11 Feb 14

1. Default

You are wrong on every level.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
    U know, been playing on PL allot and i seen how the system works there, which is easy and fair and proved itself to work, why is it so hard here to make someone an ULA. The protocol is way to long and old. It's bureaucrat utopia here. Cut to the chase and make decisions. you don't need months to determine if someone is good enough or not. This system of how ULA are being appointed is also something that needs some reworking. I mean if the people who are active right now and are online on a regular basis say he is good then promote him already. If I would hire an employ for work because I need one, I don't wait months either to see if someone is good. As a good manager which some Clan members are you got a good judgement and eye for that, you can see it in a week if someone is good. That also is a skill on itself, if you need months to determine if someone is good, there is something wrong with that judgement.

All this isn't looking good at all, it only shows that when it comes down on making decisions this system fails hard and reflect bad at this community.

Attachment 8571
    This made me cringe...

So wrong Man. The reason is because ulas have a responsibility when it comes to decision making regarding bans. It has literally ZERO to do with how popular or good as players or admins, it helps but that's not the reason there are rules to begin with. Ula is not a title, its a responsibility to know and identify (to the best of ur judgement) hackers and innocents and permanent bam accordingly. U cant just have anyone jumping around banning ppl left and right for thinking they are right. It takes months for the process to work because the position is very exclusive and selective to a very handful so that there will be coordination and responsibility is weighed more individually rather than having too many ulas around. And this process will take its time based on can't decision to monitor and assess if someone is READY (note read, not "worthy") for the ula volunteer JOB, not title.

Also in ur company analogy. If everyone who did ok in a month and had a couple ppl that are butt buddies supporting them for a bit and ur boss just upgrades EVERYONE to that high position job, then that job in itself is no longer something you look up to and set goals towards, since any fucker can get it, just like how current admin is. And soon enough u will have so many ppl in high ula jobs in ur company that are either constantly stumbling on each other toes or simply suicidal since they have nowhere to go from there since that's the best they will ever be if they were that easily brought in without clan weighing in if that person will be productive for ibis. It's not about u and ur title. It's about ibis and the responsibility you put towards it.

- - - Updated - - -

I wanna fucking slam my phone to the ground right now at the amount of auto correct that happened to the words CLAN AND ULA in this post.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...