Page 3 of 143 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural Mafia

1. Default

I agree with Brett on this one.
    In-Game name: †Jesus†

2. Default

Always an argument on whether or not we should lynch. Everyone hard claim and let's get it over with.

3. Default

So, I'm now trying to figure out if Nem watches Supernatural and was referencing the episode where they insult Twilight, or the more likely version where he's just insulting Supernatural.

One thing to note, we have 15 players this time, which is actually statistically worse than 14 players. I can understand trying to NL if you think we're trying for only losing 1 player overnight, but I'm still of the opinion lynching is good. I believe most of the arguments we could do for D1 L/NL were done in PB. However, we do have a number who didn't participate in that game, any new points or opinions?

As a side note, I'm not voting yet because I'm not sure how people would take a D1 joke vote. However, why did the both of you not actually vote NL instead of just saying it? If you're afraid the scum would snipe it to close it, doesn't that mean you don't actually want to NL?

Oh, important thing What said: "There are no hidden modifiers.". When people die, if they've claimed something, we can check for false information they gave. Granted, we might not know what version of the role they have, but they probably are lying if something seems to be from left field. Not important for now, but getting this out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

4. Default

so here's the thing, when i modded those and saw the behind the scenes, depending on the setup, sometimes nl was an acceptable solution, but this shouldn't be pushed as the very first option.

in fact it should be the very last resort when all else fails and we should leave room for discussion and alliances forming to use later on as documentation.
    i don't really give a rat's ass whether we went with a target lynch (best option), random lynch (best of worst), nl (worst of best) or policy lynch (this should never happen), as long as proper discussions are arguments are made before that.

so. fun facts to keep in memory:
    • I believe it's a supernatural theme with moderate number of power roles, vanilla townies, and modifiers.
    • And that means it should be somewhat of a closed setup "character wise".
    • Meaning that down the road, fake claiming might not be so easy especially main ones.
    • Do keep an eye out for soft claims if you spot any, and immediately counter claim anyone who hard claims a booked character.
    • Expect the unexpected. What (see i always write him with fucking caps >_<) said it will be supernatural flavor, not story.
    • And this means that it might not be a humans vs demons/angels setup, but could be a mix, just like the show does.
    • Not that I can confirm this theory personally, but it should be mentioned, seeing how ppl assumed it was guards vs inmates in prisonbreak.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I don't watch Twilight so I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Except that What apparently enjoys sparkly men.
    I got you my dude. I have Twilight memorized to what each cast is wearing per scene. I'll translate What said:
    “About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him-and I didn’t know how potent that part might be-that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.”
    With that said, the day just started, let's see what people have to bring to the table before voting.

i thought i read somewhere via a link in the last game that voting no lynch actually benefits the mafia? Why vote no lynch if that is the case?
    Personal reform

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    So, I'm now trying to figure out if Nem watches Supernatural and was referencing the episode where they insult Twilight, or the more likely version where he's just insulting Supernatural.

i have also noticed this. I remember an episode where dean winchester was mocking twilight and vamps and even talked about smthn like "you're sparkling" or is that glitter? or smthn... eh, you know nem, always trying to convey shit full of hate.

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

Fucking vote Phil for quoting Twilight.

And no, I've never seen the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

9. Default

I will say one thing.
    Before I read my pm, a certain new player asked me if I got any good role.

And I replied with a paraphrase of the following:

Now here's my problem with this, assuming that they truly didn't properly read the rules, then it was a simple rookie error, and they were educated. But it could have also been a scummy move that I've seen happen before. Keep in mind that this was before I even received anything from the mod, so my analysis of this is purely objective for the most part.

If i were to answer that "did you get a good role?" loaded question, it would get me to either break mod rules about sharing info or bullshit them completely about whether i do or do not have a role. And if i were to NOT answer the question, usually it's a sign of evasion that I might have a power role and simply dodging the question.

Eitherway, this would really put me in a spot i wouldn't want to be if I had something to keep for myself. But thankfully, I was still clueless about any info in the game, and warned them to reread the rules and come back to me when they find out why they fucked up. They read them.

Now, keep in mind that this player was informed that this shit was not allowed, and that it's breaking the rules. And i will attribute this to being a rookie mistake of not knowing the rules properly, and they have been educated.

The only other reason why i am not disclosing a name yet, other than being a simple mistake, is because this actually might have backfired on them as well and provided me some info, even if not 100% reliable.
    See, the fact that someone was so eager to ask if i had a power role mere moments after the roles were sent, would imply that this person THEMSELVES have a power role and are currently hyped up about the game, as opposed to being a simple VT that usually would simply brush it off and carry on.

Now whether that person's role is beneficial or detrimental to town. I'm going to need to observe. But that person will definitely be brought to questioning later on if i smell something scummy, and i will personally hunt them down myself for facts if need be... but for now, let's way in our options.

10. Default

i didn't put out a vote because i qualified it by saying unless someone shows "absolutely no will to give an effort"

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.