Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Apocalypse: Political Tides Open Game

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    The problem with a n0 death in a game of this setup is that it fucks town. No protective roles, no killing roles for town. 7 pro-town, 4 pro-mafia, 1 third party (I realize this adds up to 12 roles and we had 11 players, ask Mikey about that) means on day 1, it's already 6v4v1, and mafia gets a sure kill every night. That makes every day effectively MYLO. I dunno that just doesn't work for me.

But yeah Mikey, 12 roles listed and 11 names? What gives?
    blackmage had signed up for the game literally has i was half way through creating the thread. It was extremely last minute and oversight.
    Personal reform

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    The spy and traitor seems too easy. Since the journalist can't see Spy msgs it's simple to have the traitor informed of who mafia is and say it in the thread.

Cyber's plan was silly as it would out both power roles right away.

If Mikey didn't fuck up the flavour we could have easily swept.

my plan wasn't silly... it was actually a pretty strong plan.
    I'd ask the Sin traitor about it.
    The only mistake a did was my usual one, and it was trying to be overzealous in helping town, and bam: i'm outed as the journo because some ppl couldn't take a hemp pill and get the hint... fucking Asshole lol...

But no, the plan was solid nemesis, and you know it was solid. Hell i'd ask the MVP this game if the plan was solid. Sin was the plan solid?
    Because had it not been for Sin outplaying us, and mafia killing the journo straight, u guys would have been raped.
    I wasn't gonna go ahead and out myself as journo immediately if we get a stupid result, i'd actually wait another night as long as im alive to make that person think they weren't watched bcos i knew that the traitor would bait me to jump in and say "no he's lying" if that was the case.

also my plan did NOT involve me revealing BOTH power roles. ONLY the journo IF need be, and onlyt then would it be a 1 mafia for 1 town role trade late game.
    Because my plan didn't involve outing the caroler, it wasn't needed.

But the fact that ur stupid ass got caught by brett visiting u, brett had to out himself as caroler to get the 1v1 bcos he was dead nway by ur dumb luck investigation, thus finding out his role.

so yeah.

also mikey, we already talked, and i told u that this whole spy being able to msg "traitor" instead of "trigger" or "Sin" at ANY TIME of teh day was so fucking op.
    You should have used the mafiascum version or at least make it so that the traitor needed to msg a PLAYER not a ROLE.

this way, the mafia couldn't simply go "herpa derp, we all suck and we are looking for our traitor herpa derp. our names are idiot, racist , stupid, and tard. post a comment saying "im sexy and i know it" so that we know who the traitor is"

HERPA DERP that was soooooo hard for mafia... right?

If the fucking spy role was player targetted, they'd have the possibility of talking to a town at the time instead of the actual mafia, baiting them to tell them their names, or at least it wouldn't be this easy for mafia to find the traitor and instantly become +1 sized...

mikey stop telling me this setup is a pro awesome setup. the core of it is, but ur application of it on a forum based game and the fool in it just made it stupidly easy for mafia to simply walk in, find their traitor, which as this point is moot because that traitor is now easily part of the mafia because of how easy it was to find him, tell him who his partners are, and then follow instructions every fucking second of the day...

Sin's right, an agent is usually a town counter for that role, in this setup...
    mafia had an edge, a very strong edge, including the night 0 shit.

If i didn't get lucky enough and find brett on the first night, and know he was the caroler and that he visited someone who wasn't home, i don't know how teh fuck town would have trusted in brett being the caroler vs nemesis, unless they knew that the jounralist watched the entire damn thing happen and didn't complain...
    so town got lucky at start, and for a second we thought we were in a gd place, but the setup was too strong for mafia... especialyl with the traitor immediately being part of the mafia...when sin could have easily gotten one of them lynched by accident, or by swapping role names in the report... etc.

anywho... gg SIN, and only sin. the rest of the mafia were dumb as fuck, especialyl that first guy who got caught instantly, what was his name again? cunt nugget? yeah that's the one.

As for me: "MY PLAN WAS GREAT" (22:20 to 23:06)
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

Mikey, as I tried to say when I confirmed, I signed up 3 hours before you made this post. Now, given that was 7 hours before you opened the thread, I guess what you're saying is you're slow as all hell and it takes you 14 hours to make a thread. If that's the case, I concede the point.

As for your earlier post that had nothing to do with my post it was replying to, ok then. I never talked about N1 kills. I even said I don't mind N0 kills, but as I was responding to Sin's comment on fun, I mentioned that it wasn't fun. However, if you really want someone to run your candy land setup, just give me some more explanation and I'll run it, but I don't think anyone else would want to play that stupid of a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    Mikey, as I tried to say when I confirmed, I signed up 3 hours before you made this post. Now, given that was 7 hours before you opened the thread, I guess what you're saying is you're slow as all hell and it takes you 14 hours to make a thread. If that's the case, I concede the point.

As for your earlier post that had nothing to do with my post it was replying to, ok then. I never talked about N1 kills. I even said I don't mind N0 kills, but as I was responding to Sin's comment on fun, I mentioned that it wasn't fun. However, if you really want someone to run your candy land setup, just give me some more explanation and I'll run it, but I don't think anyone else would want to play that stupid of a game.
    You creid about how M0 starts suck because it isnt any fun for the person who gets killed first.
    My reply was sarcasm.... As in, people get killed in this game. If you cant handle a simple mechanic like that, dont play them.

Cyber, dont pretend to know anything about setups when you have hardly played mafia to begin with. I admitted that there may be some tweaks made to make this setup more forum friendly. Starting with adding an agent or using a MF spy. Also, fool being added changed nothing in regards to balance and if anything, was put in play to hopfully deter town from doing exactly what they did. To instead communicate and work together. Something this game accomplished far better than others.
    Personal reform

To be entierly frank, the game could have ended up entirely different.. if the players took time to actually communicate before mega hammering trigger. It had already been discussed prior that sin was potentially lying and pass had the right idea.
    This game serves as a valuable lesson on the importance of communicating and having productive conversation.
    Personal reform

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    You creid about how M0 starts suck because it isnt any fun for the person who gets killed first.
    My reply was sarcasm.... As in, people get killed in this game. If you cant handle a simple mechanic like that, dont play them.

Cyber, dont pretend to know anything about setups when you have hardly played mafia to begin with. I admitted that there may be some tweaks made to make this setup more forum friendly. Starting with adding an agent or using a MF spy. Also, fool being added changed nothing in regards to balance and if anything, was put in play to hopfully deter town from doing exactly what they did. To instead communicate and work together. Something this game accomplished far better than others.
    I don't really enjoy insulting you, but, are you really that stupid? Let's look through what happened. Sin says Fool shouldn't be used because it's not fun. I reply that the same can be said about n0 kill (that it's not fun). Sin says that n0 is the best. I explain how dying before you can do anything is not fun. You jump in, choosing to ignore the context of the conversation, being insulting, not replying to a single thing in the conversation.

Now, let's look at my post that you replied to. Let's look at that last line. It begins "As a note, I'm not saying I don't like N0 start." Hey look, the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you just said. I know dying is part of the game. Dying N1 (or even D1) means you at least had a chance to do something. You know, play the game, having a chance to have fun. However, dying N0 means you may have sent in one order. Most roles, you get to do NOTHING to affect the game. Investigator, most Healers, VT and most French Vanilla Townies, day roles. Please, tell me if you'd have any fun playing any of these roles and dying N0?

I knew that game was a joke, which is why I replied in kind. However, your reply wasn't "sarcasm". It was just "ignorant".
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    I don't really enjoy insulting you, but, are you really that stupid? Let's look through what happened. Sin says Fool shouldn't be used because it's not fun. I reply that the same can be said about n0 kill (that it's not fun). Sin says that n0 is the best. I explain how dying before you can do anything is not fun. You jump in, choosing to ignore the context of the conversation, being insulting, not replying to a single thing in the conversation.

Now, let's look at my post that you replied to. Let's look at that last line. It begins "As a note, I'm not saying I don't like N0 start." Hey look, the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you just said. I know dying is part of the game. Dying N1 (or even D1) means you at least had a chance to do something. You know, play the game, having a chance to have fun. However, dying N0 means you may have sent in one order. Most roles, you get to do NOTHING to affect the game. Investigator, most Healers, VT and most French Vanilla Townies, day roles. Please, tell me if you'd have any fun playing any of these roles and dying N0?

I knew that game was a joke, which is why I replied in kind. However, your reply wasn't "sarcasm". It was just "ignorant".
    incorrect on all accounts. You are complaining and bashing a game because you dislike N0 starts. I respond with something very simple. If you cant handle dying in a mafia game, dont play it.

I mean, it is pretty simple.

Secondly, this game is one of the best games we have ever had that depicts conversation, progressiveness, and strategy. I dont deny and have already openly stated that this game could be slightly modified to better suited to forums. even if i personally think it wasnt all to imbalanced to begin with. The game ended the way it did, not because of the setup but because of how the players decided to go about lynching trigger. If you deny that, you should refrain from playing future games.

- - - Updated - - -

for the record, blades game was N0, i was the first to die. You dont see me QQing, do you? Just because i died first, dosnt mean blades game is crap. Perhaps the problem is a character issue. You are butt hurt and resorted to attacking a game id like to think most people actually enjoyed, because you died first.
    Personal reform

8. Default

Let's try this again. Complaining? Where? Bashing? Where? I. Did. Not. Have. Fun. Did I say the game was bad? No. Did I say I couldn't handle dying? No. In fact, and I'll quote, "But I'd play it again." Like you said, it's pretty simple.

Your "second point" has nothing to do with the conversation. The ONLY thing I said about the game was, and I'll quote again "I'd be lying if I said this game was enjoyable in the slightest." Nothing about "bad" or "imbalanced" or about how the game played. In fact, I'll point to the prior point. I'd play it again.

As for your comment on Blade's game, whoopdiedo. Would you like a prize? Again, you bring in a totally unrelated point, such as started this conversation.

For clarification, the conversation was "things that are not fun". Please, I asked you a question, that you can even answer, as you so HELPFULLY pointed out. Did you have fun in that game dying N0? Nothing you have said has been related to the conversation we were having before you decided to take personally a fact.

The only part of the game I was complaining about was you blaming me for your own incompetence with the start of the game missing my sign up.

9. Default

blackmage, tbh, as much as i hate agreeing with mikey ever, i will agree on ONE thing.
    im actualyl starting to like this N0 start because let's face it... the day1 start every fucking game was reduced to the SAME conversation of "oh do we lynch or no lynch", " no lynching is not good, u must be scum for suggesting it" , "no im not i suggest it each game", "ok nevermind then, so who should we lynch", *5 days later*, "so who do we lynch????", "random vote", "not random vote but im voting X bcos fuck that guy", "tihi i vote Y bcos he voted me", etc.. Then some random idiot (usually a new guy, because lets face it, who will ever lynch a veteran day 1?) will get lynched with no actual info, and then night 1 starts.

Night 0 has the benefit of providing some info, in this case, the caroler actually hit a stalker from night 0.

Mikey, i know u're an idiot and dumb as fuck, but no, i wasn't COMPLETELY bashing ur game.
    Notice how i joked at first that i was going to regret playing ur game , but with the events that happeend and our few talks on steam ,i told u " u know what? i'm actually liking this game for now" (around the time where brett called out nemesis).

So no. im not bashing the entire SETUP of your game, because let's face it, most of it was a rip off from some high rank game, which is fine, perfectly fine really. But i was only saying that because of the FORUM format, it didn't work out as much as it would have been had it been played on EM automatic system where RSing and other shit was easier to pull off.

The game is fine, and i KNOW u told me before privately how an agent would have been better if added to town after i specifically told u that a spy writing to a "Traitor" directly felt a bit op because of the cheer uselessness of having a traitor if immediately picked up by mafia.
    and u AGREED with me, or i agreed with u, wtvr the point was : the setup was ok, IT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER with a few tweaks, but it was OK at best.

Like sin said, perhaps with a few twists here and there, we can REPLAY that setup of urs.
    Hell, if you give me PERMISSION, i would host the SAME setup, with perhaps 2-3 tweaks to it to see if it can work out differently.
    If it does, then that means that the original core setup is fine, and u did fine, and it was the forums format that recked it.

Someone suggested an interesting "Tweak" on the spy.
    and it was : if u are going to allow the EM version of spy (daytime talk, directly to traitor, etc), to actually force a post restriction where "if u decide to use ur abilities during a day phase, u are forbidden from writing in that same day phase".
    This would use the same mechanics u had this game, but would also drop some interesting FOS at the quiet guy of being the spy. u know?
    i mean it's just a suggestion, and it wasn't mine, i dnt know who said it, but i liked it.

anywho... all in all, losers will always bitch. i can bitch if i wanted to, but instead i WILL say that Sin outplayed me hard, and i have to give him props for that.
    Hell when i died, i actually TALKED TO HIM asking him for tips and hints on where i did wrong and how he figured me out and where he outplayed me.

Just because i didn't actually say that publicly until now, doesn't mean that i am not willing to learn. I have said it a lot: i am NOT the best player around here in this game, nor will i ever claim to be, i tend to fuck up a lot, which is fine, because i only played like what? 3-4 games? but hosted all the others?
    anywho, all in all, sin played gr8, i applaud him for that.

As for nemesis? just another case of him fucking up, losing his shit, blaming the mod, and then his team miraculously pull a victory and then nemesis claiming it as if he did all the work. THAT bothers me, i dnt care if i lose, i just hate when ppl who win claim they did all the work.

In the donner game , i won, and i nailed pass investigation from the start (u guys thought i was following him? but i was fuckin baiting him, hence why i investigated him u dumb fucks, then i voted trig on gut instinct on a line he said, cant remebmer what, but wtvr. then i called blade on his scummy suicide tell the nxt day... i was right woopty fucking do, i fucked up with mikey, and SIN saved the game. But u wont see me going "oh sin didnt do jack shit, i was the cop, i made the plays....
    I fucked up in donner in the end, we won eitherway, but not bcos of me, that's why i was bitching about nem's "i am the god" attitude....

as for ur setup, it needed a few tweaks, but i am neutral about it now, it could have gone eitherway, and when we play this again, we will seee what happens.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

10. Default

Cyber: If you missed it, maybe there's a reason Mikey missed it :P I enjoy N0 start. What I don't like is DYING N0. The topic of contention was "jester is unfun, why use it" so I said "N0 is unfun to the one who dies".

As a note: I have asked for a bulletproof vest in the past. I've died to lynching, twice, and both as Mafia. I've been shot in almost every game I've played :P