Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Apocalypse: Political Tides Open Game

1. Default

Sin, I'm not seeing how you know the person who the caroler visited is the one who killed Blackmage, can you elaborate?

As I read it, Blackmage visited the guy who killed him, not our caroler.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

2. Default

Brett lived through Night 1! Get him!
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

3. Default

Because of Mikey's choice of the word "assailant".

- - - Updated - - -

The caroler went to sing to the "assailant" after he had already killed Blackmage.

- - - Updated - - -

The Sleepwalker (Blackmage) has no control over who he visits. He also doesn't know he's a Sleepwalker, just like the Loudmouth(LM) doesn't know he's the Loudmouth.

Blackmage visited the Mafia in his sleep, the caroler ALSO visited the Mafia member who killed Blackmage later on that night. I believe Mikey said something like "an hour prior" or something like that in the beginning of the next paragraph.

Unless Mikey doesn't know what Assailant means. Then my theory is completely off.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The caroler went to sing to the "assailant" after he had already killed Blackmage.

- - - Updated - - -

The Sleepwalker (Blackmage) has no control over who he visits. He also doesn't know he's a Sleepwalker, just like the Loudmouth(LM) doesn't know he's the Loudmouth.

Blackmage visited the Mafia in his sleep, the caroler ALSO visited the Mafia member who killed Blackmage later on that night. I believe Mikey said something like "an hour prior" or something like that in the beginning of the next paragraph.

Unless Mikey doesn't know what Assailant means. Then my theory is completely off.
    But wouldn't that be Mikey totally giving away who the mafia is, since the Caroler knows who he visited and is still alive. The caroler gets a list of three but this would narrow it down perfectly.

5. Default

I think ideally the journalist would either find a mafia and get their Night kill confirmation (assuming they get one like in epic mafia system which is what mikey is using mostly? ), or find the stalker, get all his confirmed reports and potentially RS towards end game instead of stalker if need be, or be targeting whoever the caroler is singing to.

Caroler, whoever u tried singing to yesterday but weren't home to hear your song, is a mafia that killed blackmage.
    If u claim now, we can get a 1 for 1.
    That being said, you don't have to claim, just casually vote and we will make note of this.

Oh and Caroler, ur song can restrict the mafia to 1 out of 3 ppl, so I suggest someone who feels like staying home next night asks to be sung to, so that his night isn't wasted.

What if a townie claimed staying home. The Caroler sang a song to the twnie and journalist listened targeted that townie as well? Even if mafia took out the townie at night to prevent him from Talking, the journalist would still have 1/3 ppl. Being a. Mafia exclusively while the other 2 are guaranteed town.
    (so then we can Lynch someone if they got the same name many times or if journalist found shit or Caroler or stalker. And then we all filter out the gd from the bad?)

The only drawback I see from this is if the townie that thinks is a townie is actually a fool or guy the tis forced to visit at night even without knowing?
    Best part about this is that mafia won't dare to ask to be song to bcos while the journalist is also creeping up on them to. Listen the song, they can't kill or be revealed by mod to journalist.
    So the me act of volunteering and being chosen to be creeped up will filter out town.

Thoughts? Or. Am I. Missing smthn?

1 Last thing, how Many mafia total? 1 goon and 1 traitor only? Or is the stalker mafia sided? It's honestly. Too fucking esrly/late, I will look it up Tomorrow after work if no one answered.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Mikey also said we "here" screams and shit. Don't rely on his linguistic prowess.

Blackmage successfully visited the killer, he didn't have to go anywhere...the caroler would also have successfully visited imo. At the very least, the journo would have noted the sleepwalker's presence. They wouldn't visit at different times, nothing I read hints at that anyway. The caroler might have visited the stalker, and he could have visited someone else like the journo. Could have even visited Blackmage for all we know.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    I think ideally the journalist would either find a mafia and get their Night kill confirmation (assuming they get one like in epic mafia system which is what mikey is using mostly? ), or find the stalker, get all his confirmed reports and potentially RS towards end game instead of stalker if need be, or be targeting whoever the caroler is singing to.

Caroler, whoever u tried singing to yesterday but weren't home to hear your song, is a mafia that killed blackmage.
    If u claim now, we can get a 1 for 1.
    That being said, you don't have to claim, just casually vote and we will make note of this.

Oh and Caroler, ur song can restrict the mafia to 1 out of 3 ppl, so I suggest someone who feels like staying home next night asks to be sung to, so that his night isn't wasted.

What if a townie claimed staying home. The Caroler sang a song to the twnie and journalist listened targeted that townie as well? Even if mafia took out the townie at night to prevent him from Talking, the journalist would still have 1/3 ppl. Being a. Mafia exclusively while the other 2 are guaranteed town.
    (so then we can Lynch someone if they got the same name many times or if journalist found shit or Caroler or stalker. And then we all filter out the gd from the bad?)

The only drawback I see from this is if the townie that thinks is a townie is actually a fool or guy the tis forced to visit at night even without knowing?
    Best part about this is that mafia won't dare to ask to be song to bcos while the journalist is also creeping up on them to. Listen the song, they can't kill or be revealed by mod to journalist.
    So the me act of volunteering and being chosen to be creeped up will filter out town.

Thoughts? Or. Am I. Missing smthn?

1 Last thing, how Many mafia total? 1 goon and 1 traitor only? Or is the stalker mafia sided? It's honestly. Too fucking esrly/late, I will look it up Tomorrow after work if no one answered.
    Acorrding to the front page there are 4 inc traitor.

8. Default

You just went in circles Cyber.

The carol (song) will have 3 names, which at LEAST 1 will be mafia. At least. That means potentially all 3 names can be mafia. As a general rule it isn't wise to lynch from a carol because the person caroled could be mafia and lie, but the cool thing is if the Journo gets the report then they can effectively counter the bullshit.

At this point, Caroler should out who they sang to. It's an easy Mafia lynch. And yes Nemesis, Mikey did give it away hence why these setups aren't good for forum format, because there is no room for the mafia member to counterclaim. It would be too convenient. Unless the mafia member claimed Caroler FIRST, and luckily picked the caroler as the one they "visited" in their bullshit claim. Highly unlikely.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

9. Default

ok so...Caroler....go?

10. Default

Wait I misread the scene or someone said that whoever the Caroler visited killed blackmage??

The text doesn't seem to imply that. I think the Caroler was being stalked maybe? And that means that whoever was Following him knows who he is now... And i think that the guy in the trees and leather notebook was the journalist.
    If the journalist targeted the Caroler player, he'd know the Caroler identity but bot who he visited. But if the journalist was targeting the stalker following him(assumption) , then he would know who the stalker and the role of whoever they stalked, but not who. (so pretty much same shit said in flavor).

The question is : in that flavour, WAS the stalker the intended Caroler target? Or just making wording it as if the Caroler attempted to sing to the stalker? IE, should the Caroler assume that whoever he visited was the stalker? Or was he visiting not her person and just stumbled randomly on the guy behind him.

This could be useful to them

- - - Updated - - -

I say we go with the follow the Caroler plan: someone volunteer to stay home. Caroler will visit that person that night. And journalist too. If vt dies or is a. Mafia lying, journalist will have a backup list. Do that couple times and u got a list of claimed ppl and possibly mafia. When we confirm mafia, the other 2 are cleared for. Entire game. Seems. Logical?

Btw if there are a lot of. Periods in my posts it's bcos I'm typing on cell and it does that bcos fuck autocorrect or thick fingers on touchpad

- - - Updated - - -

The vt, if alive, can post a List of candidates to lynch from. And if that vt is used over and over again until one of the roles is dead, but the gd news is that there will always be info. Going from night phases even if vt died or journalist died (if vt confirmed good guy before)
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...