Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So how's the WCS shit going?

1. Default

Already half way done with the noob shield. Only player with less than 50 total levels will get it and it will only attempt to activate to defend against users who are over 50 total levels. Will only deflect dmg from abilities and not weapons. Some abilities like burning ones might need to be exempted but we will see how it goes.

2. Default

Progress updates are much welcomed, thank you.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    Progress updates are much welcomed, thank you.
    this
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

Noob Shield is finished. Now working on correcting Alchemist effects for release.

Note that noob shield is already in the test server. It will only work when a user with >50 total levels attacks a user with <50 total levels.

5. Default

I am going to try to work on a prestige mode plugin as well. Basically it would only unlock when a race if maxed. You can then enter a command for it to take away all your levels and then you can gain them back again. Note that it will still define your race as being the max level. To make things even more interesting the scaling will then continue from where your previous XP requirement left off so it will be REALLY REALLY hard to gain back your levels. Once you remax I will then need something that tells you and others that you have done this so you can all get the "status" I will try to design it so you can do this an infinite number of times. I will not even try to start on this though until the current stuff for WCS is released first.

will there be some sort of (hopefully only) aesthetic reward? a skin perhaps? some sort of incentive for people to prestige races they don't play often
    A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.

7. Default

Possibly in the long run. What would be easy would be giving those races server side weapon skins or other special effects. Think of a hell hunter with fire elites. It would not be easy to implement this and is not high priority but I am actively looking into what methods will be required and how to go about it in order to make it extendable.

8. Default

Told you things would go fast once I got Alchemist done already got another race ready for final release testing. So that is 3 races scheduled for release this week and the noob shield. I hope to start and finish at least 1 more race reprogram tomorrow.

9. Default

It should be noted that dmg abilities are being changed across all races so that they deal W3DMGTYPE_PHYSICAL instead of true dmg. What this means is that some of the dmg can be absorbed by a users armor instead of being dealt directly to their health.

10. Default

It should be noted that dmg abilities are being changed across all races so that they deal W3DMGTYPE_PHYSICAL instead of true dmg. What this means is that some of the dmg can be absorbed by a users armor instead of being dealt directly to their health.
    So theoretically speaking, this should be somewhat of a buff for both alchemist and crypt Lord right?
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...