Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Princess Bride

1. Default

It's been shitty for a lot longer than this year. Fuckin idiot.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    It's been shitty for a lot longer than this year. Fuckin idiot.
    Well then find me a Mexican to blame you Banana of Shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    So by what Stars said, what he gave Sin is something that enhances the ability he already had, not gives him one to use. So he's not an inventor or Gunsmith or something like that. This is role madness is it not? There shouldn't be a plain VT in this set up.
    Well, no. Stars said he gave him the ability to do something last night, he did not say he gave him something to enhance what he could do. So quite likely an inventor, since throwing guns around on night 0 ain't the brightest idea. Sin claims to not have received anything, so could be a roleblock.

But let me posit this, Stars gave him something to perform an investigation, Sin happens to be mafia. Now obviously any investigation he will do will turn up innocent, so no point. By claiming he received nothing, he can simultaneously cast doubts on Stars and imply that their a roleblock in play when there may not be in actuality. He doesn't make himself look guilty and manages to distract and confuse. And also, we can't forget what else he has, Dat Ass.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

4. Default

Here is the thing.
    Scribes didn't do shit.
    Stars claimed to send smthn to sin.
    Sin claims he didn't get shit.
    I did not participate in that shit.
    Blade had a night Immunity.
    What was talking earlier about the fact that maybe scribble was roleblocked in his flavour, if what was a roleblocker and blocked stars, then he wouldn't have made that statement in scribble earlier and wouldn't be asking those questions about sin now.

So the ONLY people that can be the roleblocker, are Nemesis or zambi. And if neither of them CONFIRMS that stars got roleblocked, then that means that sins is bullshitting, and should be lynched.

If one of you DOES confirm that they roleblocked stars, then stars and sin are temporary put on hold and we can use some of that info.

Vote sin.

Any of you fuckers care to clear sin? Unless. One of your roleblocked stars, then we got a liar right here.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

Cyber, Except if there is mafia roleblocker in play. If Sin doubles down that he did not get anything, then that will prompt some further discussion. Where I sit now though, my biggest suspect is going to be Zambi. He seems to be doing what all new(er) players do when they are mafia; be completely ignorant of the game and utterly confused by what is happening, no matter how clear the events actually are. Never actually positing information, but rather stating he doesn't know what is happening, how things work, and also suggesting that no one can be certain about anything. Again, if that is what he does normally in these games, I will reconsider, but at this point he seems to be pulling a Minjae. (not the sexual act he and Phil perform together)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Cyber, Except if there is mafia roleblocker in play. If Sin doubles down that he did not get anything, then that will prompt some further discussion. Where I sit now though, my biggest suspect is going to be Zambi. He seems to be doing what all new(er) players do when they are mafia; be completely ignorant of the game and utterly confused by what is happening, no matter how clear the events actually are. Never actually positing information, but rather stating he doesn't know what is happening, how things work, and also suggesting that no one can be certain about anything. Again, if that is what he does normally in these games, I will reconsider, but at this point he seems to be pulling a Minjae. (not the sexual act he and Phil perform together)

actually don't underestimate Zambi.
    If i remember correctly in his previous games, he did state that he has played mafia before, and in fact he was VERY influencial in his previous games, and playing decently for a "new player".

zambi and stars were a tie for my "2 mafia shit list" earlier, but that's before stars and sin were put at opposite sides of the spectrum.
    If anything we can assume that these 2 are NOT partners in mafia because drawing this much opposition amongst themselves is counter intuitive, even for a bluffing game that isn't really required at the moment.

that's why i'm specifically asking nemesis and zambi if they are the RB PR role that could have affected the outcome of stars' shit. Because at this point i am almost personally convinced sin is mafia based on his plays, and the person who IS NOT the PR role between zambi and nemesis should be looked at.

btw this is all under my personal assumption that you, blade, myself and scribble had no interaction with the stars-sin argument.
    If i happen to have missed a premise somewhere, please point it out to me, anyone.

Nemesis? what's your thought on the stars-sin ordeal? either BOTH are telling the truth, or ONLY one of them is, because both lying about it AND the possible existence of a RB that conveniently RB'd stars is one too many variables to plan out.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

7. Default

You do realize that everything you said about Zambi only further convinces me that he is mafia right? Since I specifically pointed out how he is playing this game and you essential just said he is normally the complete opposite.

I actually literally just finished the movie, so I should be able to form some (newer) hypotheses.

Just to clear up some roles (or, what I believe to be in play)
    (as of now, this information is solely from the movie)

• Blade is likely Westley, with his revival ability. (bulletproof is what comes to mind, and as Cyber said, I think this 'night immunity' is short-lived and Blade is trying to pass it off as stronger than what it actually is)
    • We probably have a doctor (Miracle Max)
    • This is a bit of a rehash, but I believe of the two investigative roles we have one town role and one mafia (Humperdinck and Montoya). I don't really know what a mafia investigative role would entail, but it would likely be a tracker of some kind (Humperdinck), and our Montoya is the same, only townsided.
    • We probably have a bodyguard role (Fezzik)
    • We may have a vigilante. This could also fit the 'murderer' part of Pass' post, since regardless of alliance, the vigilante would still be a 'killer'. This could also be the person who did nothing N1, since randomly shooting a shot into the dark could very likely yield the result of a dead PR, it would be better for the person with that role to do nothing, especially considering the fact that we didn't have any ideas of what roles could be in play.
    • Vizzini could actually be anything as far as I'm aware. Fool is what comes to mind but would it really make sense to put a fool into an 8-person setup? I honestly don't know.
    • Then there's a few other side characters (I'm sure there's a few slipping my mind right now despite having just watched the movie) but I can't really think of any role significance those could have. Just that they are significant characters in the story.
    • We probably have a Godfather (Count Rugen) as the other mafia role.

I'll see if reading the sparknotes sheds any more light.

As for you, Cyber, I do have an ability that would fit your description but I did not use it on Stars or Sin. I guess we'll have to wait for Nem to post. Personally, I'm going to hold off on any voting until I have what I believe to be a clear mind as to what's going on.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that everything you said about Zambi only further convinces me that he is mafia right? Since I specifically pointed out how he is playing this game and you essential just said he is normally the complete opposite.
    Honestly, if you read through all the games I've been in, I always come off as 'scummy'. Town always lynches me, sees that my role text is green, and proceeds the next day. There was only one game out of 3-4 (4-5?) where I was in fact mafia and I'm pretty sure that was the one game where I wasn't lynched. I'm not trying to belittle your reads on me, but I do think I have a different play style than the rest of you. I don't think it has anything to do with being 'new'.

9. Default

It has now been about a week. Keep this level of conversation and I will not end the day for a while. I will give you 24 hour notice if I feel nothin is happening. That said, you guys should really try to wrap this day up.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

10. Default

Cyber, you keep making assumptions and going off them as truth, so your whole basis is wrong. You're also drawing the whole conversation away from anything useful into chaos, as fucking usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/