Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Princess Bride

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    I... should go rewatch the movie since I have it on blu-ray here. I do not remember the zoo of death at all
    Yeah, me neither. I think it might be a book-only thing.

2. Default

My concern about the whole "blade possibly being jailed by a jailer" theory is that blade himself seems sure that he got shot and he stated he had night Immunity..
    Blade did you get a pm from the mod informing you that you got hit? Or are u simply analyzing the flavour?

And again What, I'm trying to see eye to eye with you here, but don't you think that blade having a VISITING role (to accidentally stumble on a pgo) and then having self-night-immunity on top of that feels a bit overpowered for this setup. Not trying to poke holes or anything, it was a Nice try. keep up the good work.

Zambi. I would be inclined to believe that blade is town Sided if we assume he got shot. But if he DIDN'T get shot and for some reason the flavour was off, he could have simply been mafia and jailed by a good guy, but i don't think it's the case bcos. Of an earlier point above...
    So never let ur guard down until we get some confirmation from Blade on that...
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    Zambi. I would be inclined to believe that blade is town Sided if we assume he got shot. But if he DIDN'T get shot and for some reason the flavour was off, he could have simply been mafia and jailed by a good guy, but i don't think it's the case bcos. Of an earlier point above...
    So never let ur guard down until we get some confirmation from Blade on that...
    Assuming Blade was mafia, and he was jailed, their partner wouldn't have known that and still would have performed their night kill. No one else has claimed to have been hit yet, nor has poisoning or gasoline been brought up, so i think it's safe to assume Blade is town for now. Either town or third, that is.

4. Default

There is a variety of things that could have happened with Blade, that is my point. Especially since no where in the flavor does it even hint at a mafia attack. Yes he did in fact say he has night immunity, that really should not mean anything at this point, especially since he was named in the scene, his hand would be forced to say something along those lines.

Zambi your last point is not correct. If (and I do not hold this to be true) Blade was the goon, sent off to kill, and got jailed, his partner would not magically take over the kill. Also, you never get a message that you were attacked unless you have x shot immunity or something other ability that would require that.

Cyber, I made a suggestion again for another possibility to make sense of the flavor. If that language was chosen for the purpose of expressing something more than just being decoration, then it does not make sense for an attack. Why did no one die? Maybe the mafia didn't attack in order to confuse people, perhaps they couldn't attack, who knows. The point is, the flavor does not make sense for (X was attacked by Y but managed to survive). Furthermore the zoo of death, and the attack specifically, takes place at a very specific time and location, its not a generic attack scenario. While it was two good guys in the story who were traveling in the zoo, we can discount that already since there is no mention of a partner in the flavor, and to again name Blade directly like that would effectively narrow him down to being one of two characters, which would not make any sense for a day 1 scene.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

5. Default

I received a PM stating someone attempted to kill me.

I have no power role. I simply had Night-Immunity.

6. Default

I'm going to just say what's on my mind now. Blade stinks to high heaven here. The mod does not message people they were attacked unless there is some extra reason to do so. For him to message that to Blade, then he is hiding something about his role. I do not think this is the case. I believe that based on the flavor, and the fact that Blade was named (something that is unusual unless Pass went insane, possibly he was mentioned due to a role modifier) and that the scene does not present a simple "Person was saved from attack" scenario, I firmly believe Blade is being disingenuous. Somehow on Day 1 he has managed to simultaneously demonstrate he is not Mafia and that nothing can touch him at night? That is a dream scenario for him and I will need a lot more information to make me believe that is the case.

- - - Updated - - -

In addition, he would have no reason to be so oblique with his responses if the scenario holds true

7. Default

Well Night-Immunity can be something as simple as 1-Shot Deathproof.

8. Default

Yes it can be, but that is not what you said. You would not make a mistake like that, you choose your words carefully, you are good at this game and like to have fun with it by taking gambles on occasion. I am not saying your mafia, I am just saying that you are not being truthful about what happened and why it happened. This could be for the town's benefit, but that has yet to be seen.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Yes it can be, but that is not what you said. You would not make a mistake like that, you choose your words carefully, you are good at this game and like to have fun with it by taking gambles on occasion. I am not saying your mafia, I am just saying that you are not being truthful about what happened and why it happened. This could be for the town's benefit, but that has yet to be seen.
    That makes sense. A mafia traitor could be a possibility but with only 8 people...

You know, this game feels odd......maybe it's the lack of Mikey.

10. Default

I never even conceived of a mafia traitor in this game, that is highly unlikely with this number of people.

Answer me this if its acceptable, Were you aware prior to this attack that you had protection from your role?