Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: unban someone, please read

1. Default unban someone, please read

I am trying to catch and ban someone hacking and changing usernames. accidentally was a second too late and banned a player. he was leaving and rejoining trying to help me and I got him banned xD

his steam ID is STEAM_0:0:78132932

his normal name is ☜GuN☞

he was not hacking lol, again trying to catch a name changing hacker in the game.

2. Default

I unbanned him. All you gotta do is log into SourceBans.
    Did you find the right guy tho? If not upload or tell me the demo and ill take a look at it.

3. Default

Was having issues with it, and no he is still in the damn server. hahaha BUT we did figure his steam ID out, but the command via steam ID keeps saying no matching client found. madgamer and I have both tried.

the steam ID is : STEAM_0:0:42078635

- - - Updated - - -

Money got that steam ID done, but he's back in the server again... new ID i am assuming... hes persistent...

4. Default

I told you what to do. You refuse to listen. If you don't listen, I can't help you.

5. Default

We tried everything we could in-game and still could not ban the guy. Me and V got no client found when trying to ban this dude.

On another note, me and V could not log into source bans to ban the correct steam ID so basically we were not able to do shit in-game.

- - - Updated - - -

Money got the other ID this guy was using, and both of the wrong ID's were unbanned.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -Whitey- View Post
    I told you what to do. You refuse to listen. If you don't listen, I can't help you.

not really sure what you're talking about??? lol but anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by MadGamer101 View Post
    We tried everything we could in-game and still could not ban the guy. Me and V got no client found when trying to ban this dude.

On another note, me and V could not log into source bans to ban the correct steam ID so basically we were not able to do shit in-game.

- - - Updated - - -

Money got the other ID this guy was using, and both of the wrong ID's were unbanned.
    yeah it was a real bitch, hopefully nothing like this pops up for a while and no more issues getting logged in. I think it was just a freak accident, but if it's all taken care of now, awesome!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by V teh pwnerer View Post
    yeah it was a real bitch, hopefully nothing like this pops up for a while and no more issues getting logged in. I think it was just a freak accident, but if it's all taken care of now, awesome!
    Its a name hack, then again I don't know what the purpose of it is.
    It happens about once a month with LUA Scripters. Its easy once you get the hang of it, have no idea whats up with your guys SB though.

8. Default

When someone has a lua scripting name hack, type status or sb_status in the console once. Then wait for them to change their name again, then type it again after they swap their name. Now compare both outputs of that command. If a certain ID shows up twice with different names, there u go, u found him.

There was an old command back in the day where u spectate the guy hacking and type sm_ban @aim.

But not sure if that still works.

Nway. Use common logic and if u accidentally van someone, go to our sourcebans page and log in with ur forum info and urban them
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

9. Default

If your forum info doesn't work (like mine) reset your password in sourcebans and it will work properly.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Passarelli View Post
    If your forum info doesn't work (like mine) reset your password in sourcebans and it will work properly.
    Yeah we were having issues but may just need to reset, was too rushed to think of that, was more just trying to get a diff admin to check :P

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    When someone has a lua scripting name hack, type status or sb_status in the console once. Then wait for them to change their name again, then type it again after they swap their name. Now compare both outputs of that command. If a certain ID shows up twice with different names, there u go, u found him.

There was an old command back in the day where u spectate the guy hacking and type sm_ban @aim.

But not sure if that still works.

Nway. Use common logic and if u accidentally van someone, go to our sourcebans page and log in with ur forum info and urban them
    yeah we got the steam ID pretty easily, but had issues banning via steam ID, that spectate ban would be incredible, ill have to test that next time, if it works, that'd be great!!!

oh, and Cyber : that signature thooooooooooooughhhh