View Poll Results: Do you want to try out this game?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, sounds interesting!

5 55.56%
  • YES, but only because I'm waiting on a mafia game

4 44.44%
  • NO. fuck that. The game sucks.

0 0%
  • No, Sounds fun, but i simply can't play this time.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SPYFALL, anyone interested in a quick game?

1. Default SPYFALL, anyone interested in a quick game?

The game is a lot shorter than a mafia game, it's called SPY FALL. Check out these 2 vids for RULES and a sample game at start of vid:
    Rules + sample 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCRbE2DMhw8
    Rules + sample 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AJva1xq160

Basically the game on the forum will have ROUNDS.
    In each ROUND, anyone can talk to anyone, regular discussions, but the ROUND is done when EVERY person in the game posts ONE question Q@TARGETTED at someone, and colored red and bolded, and the targeted player answered EVERY red question targeted at them with a A@REDIRECTED at the asker in green.

During this time, you can either decide on "VOTE Xperson", "unvote" or "VOTE NO-LYNCH".
    -------------------------

Example scenario on forums where there's 3 players:

ROUND 1 STARTS:

Blade: Blah blah blahblahlblahlahlahlahlahlahlahlahla
    Scribble: balfgadlkk
    Cyber: fdkgdfjgdfgfdlgdfjgdf

Cyber: Q@SCRIBBLE "What are you wearing now?"
    Scribble: vlaasdkfdsfbsdffsd
    Cyber: fjkdd
    Scribble: fkgjdfkg
    Scribble: A@CYBER "I'm wearing a uniform."
    Blade: blahablal
    Cyber: blaflgfdlgdf
    Scribble: Q@Cyber "What color do you see the most around you?"

Cyber: A@SCRIBBLE "Blue."
    Blade: Q@CYBER "How do you get to work?"

Cyber: Blafgadlg
    Scribble: blah.
    Cyber:@BLADE "Your mom. she gives me a ride." (<-- doesnt count because no A@ or Q@ tag or color or bold)
    Cyber: A@BLADE "I walk out the door." ( <---counts as answer, but stupid answer that gave away too much )

(because everyone ASKED a question, and every question has been ANSWERED by those respective targets: )
    ROUND 1 ENDs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

When round ends, The spy has 24 hours to either:
    • POST ON THE THREAD, the location of the current scene played. And basically attempt to win the game while risking to out themselves as the spy if they failed the guess. (basically a 1-shot take all kind of post) : SPY for example BLADE: @GUESS: The location is a submarine!
    • OR write the MOD that he's not going to attempt a guess. blade : "Please post on the thread that the spy wont attempt to guess"

As soon as the spy makes his decision, the "townies, non-spy" people have 24 hours to GET A MAJORITY ON ANY WAGON and reach a verdict. (player, or no lynch).
    • When the majority is reached on voting a single person. The game ends. If the townies voted the SPY, the townies win.
    • If the voters did NOT vote the correct spy, the SPY WINS. and the game is ended completely.
    • If the voters voted NO LYNCH, the ROUND 2 starts. and so forth.

GAME AUTOMATICALLY ENDS when a Maximum of THREE ROUNDS (this is my current arbitrary guess of enough rounds assuming 8+ players) is played, or until the "2 WEEKS deadline is reached." (Maximum estimated time to finish an IBIS game, based on chatter.)
    That's when "No LYNCH" is no longer an option. But the spy can still refuse to guess the location, and just rely on townies fucking up the vote.

----------------------------------

ANYONE INTERESTED in such a game?
    Check out the videos for the easy rules at the very beginning.
    Last edited by CYBER; 10-16-2015 at 02:46 PM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

Such a mini game will be a good practice exercise for asking GOOD questions, to get specific information or to bait someone, without giving away too much information or else the spy can collect that data to guess the location.
    This will hopefully teach people to rely purely on discussions, and thus might make future mafia games stronger and better by relying less on the abilities and be able to extract information better from chats.

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

Quick note, since we have problems with it. That colour is Lime, not green. Count me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

4. Default

count me in.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    Quick note, since we have problems with it. That colour is Lime, not green. Count me in.
    the "lime" color is easier to find in threads on the ibis background compared to "green".
    I agree that it's better to mention this now than regret it later, but i feel like that color's easily a better color than the green, and serves the same purpose.
    The red is fine as is.
    The yellow could be the canary yellow or light gold, bottom line is, just make it obvious that u're using a triggering action when trying to use colors.

Same rulings as mafia apply here regarding decency, quoting the mod, being a cunt or racism vs players, intentionally feeding information to lose the game, etc...

CAREFUL PEOPLE, in this game, ANYTHING you say might help the spy, so this game should teach people here about information trading, information hiding, and information targetting.

6. Default

I'm down.

Oh sorry Cyber that's slang for yes I will play.
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.

7. Default

I'm in if my known time restraints are OK.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

8. Default

Yeah I'd be down for this.

9. Default

Quick question. From your example, people can delay in answering questions, but is there a reasonable time suggested for how long you can delay?

I've never played this game, nor seen it played on a forum before, so not sure what standard rules are.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, are you planning on running the first game Cyber? Because we already have 5 people other than you in yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

10. Default

Sure.