View Poll Results: Join SPYFALL PRACTIVE #002?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'll join this practice run

8 100.00%
  • No, not interested in this one.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SPYFALL Game 002 Sign ups

1. Default

What's suggestion would work.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

2. Default

I'm in.

3. Default

WHAT, I had another location in mind at first, but i used the military base a STANDARD location just for training purposes as I didn't want to complicate the plot right off the bat and it would have allowed me to focus on balancing the game, not the roles. This game's location might not be in the standard lists, and will require a harder guess, making the spy's gameplay a little harder.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok I NEED PEOPLE TO VOTE ON THIS.

OPTION 1:

I RNG the order of who asks questions, in that order.
    A question MUST be answered before the next question occurs?

WHEN ALL the questions are answered, THEN the spy has 24 hours to either GUESS the location or to PASS on it.
    ONCE that is done, NOW the townies have 24 hours to discuss whether to VOTE someone, or NO LYNCH.

If a vote happens, that's the game, win or lose.
    If a no lynch happens, I RNG THE QUESTION ORDER AGAIN, and we rinse and repeat?

OPTION 2:
    One thing that I thought was lacking was the fact that the SPY AND the TOWN feed off asking questions.
    In the last game, almost all questions were directed at blackmage, which was lackluster because if stars haven't slipped, then it would have been impossible for the spy to guess every possible location. Which is why the whole "chain questioning thing", which happens in real life, was an option. In which the answerer must ask the next question, so if the spy is being asked too many questions, he gets to have at least the same amount of questions to callback at to balance the information sharing.... And when everyone is satisfied that enough questions have been asked, THEN they can call to end the game, the spy gets 1 guess, then townies get to vote off someone once and for all.

WHICH OPTION DO YOU WANT APPLIED FOR GAME 2?

BONUS POINT TO MAKE THE GAME MORE INTERESTING:
    HOW ABOUT that in this game, I will add TWO spies if we have more than 8 people?
    Would you like those spies to work as a TEAM where at least one of them has to survive? or work as a freeForAll deathmatch where they have to guess before the other spy does?
    This way they can collect information off everyone, and it would force town to not tunnel vision on one suspect but spread out the questions to hit everyone or else the second spy might guess the game. and if a spy dies, the game carries on until the second one dies as well?
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

Option 1 with sidetalking avaialable

5. Default

Option 1. We could try the two spy thing but that doesn't matter to me. I would be interested in a 2 spy team and also a 2 spy head to head.

6. Default

option 1

- - - Updated - - -

with no side talking until the questions have been all asked and answered
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

7. Default

Option 1. Having more people makes the spys game easier, so I'd like to stick to 1, unless town gains a mislynch.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

8. Default

Funny, I would say option 2. One from China, and one from Russia or some shit. Where a mislynch doesn't end the game. But a second one would. Assuming that its 8+ people.
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.

9. Default

I vote for Option 2 and only one spy. In any case, I find the idea of allowing a mislynch to be terrible. I don't see the point in allowing people to play poorly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    I vote for Option 2 and only one spy. In any case, I find the idea of allowing a mislynch to be terrible. I don't see the point in allowing people to play poorly.
    I did not mean to allow a mislynch, but basically the Town's goal is to eliminate ALL the spies WITHOUT FUCKING UP once.
    IF they lynch the correct spy, then they move on to lynch the other spy.
    IF they do not lynch the correct spy, town lost, but they go on to the next day not to win, but to basically try to vote off suspects until one spy remains, and THAT spy wins.
    It was a suggestion to allow versatility when there's MORE than 10 people, but i guess I can introduce this later on after a few games not now.

That being said, sorry BM, I had more votes for option 1.

SO FOR THIS GAME, option 1 will be applied.
    THERE WILL BE A QUESTIONS PHASE, where the RNG'd people ask questions one after the other. THE next question is only asked AFTER the previous one's been ANSWERED (to avoid people waiting and fishing).

DURING the questions phase, NO TALKING IS ALLOWED except to answer the question.

After ALL questions are asked an answered, we enter the GUESSING phase.
    At the start of that dusk phase, the spy has the choice of either guessing the location by posting on the thread, OR to write the mod and pass on it. (A certain grace period will allow this, usually 24h).

If the spy passes, we enter the VOTING phase.
    During the phase, and ONLY that phase, townies CAN discuss all questions asked, and they will have a grace period to decide on either no lynch, or voting someone out. That time will be extended from 24 hours to 3 days now because it's the only discussion phase now.

When the decision is made, either the game is over, OR we start the day over again, and I RNG NEW QUESTIONS order to follow, to add some randomness.

We good on that?

I'm working on the flavor as we speak. Is this the final count?
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...