Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: got banned and i am admin and by an admin

1. Default

Well people are beginnng to abuse some commands that there really not suppose to have. its getting out of hand with it and it takes nothing to try and black mail someone and make it look like another player mass banned...When some used the command to make another admin ban himself in the server that puts of red flags for me....

So i will be writing zero about this....... Even though i use it for some purposes in zm. But all its going ot take is someone to piss off someone else and then try to frame a guy...

So. im not having it with that command for banning people...

betcha ten bucks loka did it.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    betcha ten bucks loka did it.
    it wasn't loka, she left before he got banned, I believe. I'm not even sure she knows the commands. I could be wrong.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

4. Default

[QUOTE=Carina;85029]im not trolling.. thats it just all i have to say.. its just THAT stupid
    i gotta admit it is kinda stupid.

brent? i used the "say" command on u a couple times before, and u know about each one of those lol, but i JUST did my research and learned the ban command, still u know me brah, i'd never ban ur ass... and not tell u :P hehehe

but it seems to be a habit for some ppl as i see... any abuse leaks maybe?
    zero can probably check who did it, and THEN the fun begins!:P

kav, dnt be harsh on brent, he DID mute himself a couple times today... but now that he banned himself i wouldnt be surprised if it was the same ppl that muted him ...bcos i was the one that un-muted brentige a couple times after i saw him muted... he didnt notice maybe?

EDIT: mag, we just talked about it , and i do think zero should know about this, even if brent accidentally did it himself or if it was a joke or wtvr that was, bcos for all u know someone could just abuse the commands to frame an admin while recording the shit... it would be harder to defend their integrity....:S

oh well... now we have more admin shit to worry about ...
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

idk but i think its the same set of commands that allows you to type things in chat as another ingame player.

6. Default

kavinsky i did not mute my self and i did not ban my self i am not dumb and i dont no how to ban through counsle and 10 min is not an option so how can i do that

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brentidge View Post
    kavinsky i did not mute my self and i did not ban my self i am not dumb and i dont no how to ban through counsle and 10 min is not an option so how can i do that
    I don't think Kavinsky is even aware of the set of commands in play here. He just thinks that because it said "[PIHB] Brentidge.Brimley banned player [PIHB] Brentidge.Brimley" that you must have banned yourself, but that is not the case.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    You banned yourself you dumbass, it said it in console so stop making such a big stink about it.
    Hell, I can make Clone kick himself. When someone uses that special command, that command is telling that other persons console to run that command. Clone and I used to do it to make us say gay things. I think I made Blade kick himself just as a joke to see if it would actually work. (Long time ago)

Zero can go through the logs and see who ran that command.

9. Default

[QUOTE=CYBER;85035]
    Quote Originally Posted by Carina View Post
    i gotta admit it is kinda stupid.
    its not just KINDA stupid.. it IS stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    You banned yourself you dumbass, it said it in console so stop making such a big stink about it. after all you accidentally muted yourself earlier and someone else had to unmute you so your not exactly in any shape to calim abuse about this.
    there is a commaned in play here.. Brent didnt do it..

Quote Originally Posted by XX0wnsXY View Post
    I don't think Kavinsky is even aware of the set of commands in play here. He just thinks that because it said "[PIHB] Brentidge.Brimley banned player [PIHB] Brentidge.Brimley" that you must have banned yourself, but that is not the case.
    +1
    Last edited by Carina; 09-08-2010 at 02:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish :3 View Post
    well if you'd be having a pool party with the other clan member and admins, and the rest of the community would be invited, people would start leaving soon, because they don't like being called niggers, or whores, or assholes, or even being banned from the pool cuz they swim faster, by people in charge that can't stand it if someone else wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Why do we not start with solarsoul's response and then follow it up with a flame war so it fits the trend of the other threads lol.

10. Default

I wrote to zero about it I will not say the list of commands here cause it definitely doesnt need to be known.

But anyone could make me, Brent, or any other admin look as if we mass banned a server.... and this can escalate to a huge problem. It was one thing to make other people say things or bring up a browser and stuff or even muting mikey for being real dickhead while drunk. But I can easily make xxownsxy mass ban everyone and zero wouldn't think twice without removing her from the servers and forums....

So it creates a liability with people knowing it.

Client side console wont show who does it although i think Server side might.
    Last edited by mag36; 09-08-2010 at 03:30 PM.