Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The N word.

1. Default

ok, let's be real clear:

as long as it's not being directed towards any player, it's allowed. HOWEVER, if the racist person in question is saying shit continuously, then it can constitute mic spamming, or griefing (as in, "hey, you can't ban me since i'm not directing it towards anyone, so nigger nigger nigger....")
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    well i know i should know better, but its kinda hard to stop when nobody seemed to have a problem with it and i wasn't getting anything in the way of warnings. hell even you seemed to enjoy it....so gtfo
    Stfu fagner you blasted the zm server with the n word and got people to say it last night
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    - Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by mcilwain View Post
    Stfu fagner you blasted the zm server with the n word and got people to say it last night
    yes, but i don't remember any of those being directed towards an individial player. trolololol

4. Default

yes, but i don't remember any of those being directed towards an individial player. trolololol
    i would ban you for griefing. might be only an hour, but it would be deserved
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    how would it be griefing? take your biased, egotistically manufactured opinions elsewhere

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    u're lame aco... i would ban him for the fun of it
    i doubt the fucker will post an admin abuse thread on me since he knows i hate that i like fucking around with him:P
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    u're lame aco... i would ban him for the fun of it
    i doubt the fucker will post an admin abuse thread on me since he knows i hate that i like fucking around with him:P
    yes, i would actually be less pissed off if you banned me for fun than if you banned me for "griefing" lolol

8. Default

The below is an excerpt from:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nigger

"The term nigger is now probably the most offensive word in English. Its degree of offensiveness has increased markedly in recent years, although it has been used in a derogatory manner since at least the Revolutionary War. Definitions 1a, 1b, and 2 represent meanings that are deeply disparaging and are used when the speaker deliberately wishes to cause great offense. Definition 1a, however, is sometimes used among African-Americans in a neutral or familiar way. Definition 3 is not normally considered disparaging—as in “The Irish are the niggers of Europe” from Roddy Doyle's The Commitments —but the other uses are considered contemptuous and hostile."

Essentially if the word is used in ANY context in ANY server or ANYwhere else, then it is by definition "OFFENSIVE" and on my watch I'll warn ONE time then it's a 30 min ban. The next time it's a day ban.

I don't care if Zero used the word, or JC himself used the word in any server. it's OFFENSIVE.

People, it's not that hard to find another word to use to get your point across! Quit trying to skirt the issues and getting over on everything there is to do with rules or other negative criteria just to see how far you can push the envelope.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post
    The below is an excerpt from:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nigger

"The term nigger is now probably the most offensive word in English. Its degree of offensiveness has increased markedly in recent years, although it has been used in a derogatory manner since at least the Revolutionary War. Definitions 1a, 1b, and 2 represent meanings that are deeply disparaging and are used when the speaker deliberately wishes to cause great offense. Definition 1a, however, is sometimes used among African-Americans in a neutral or familiar way. Definition 3 is not normally considered disparaging—as in “The Irish are the niggers of Europe” from Roddy Doyle's The Commitments —but the other uses are considered contemptuous and hostile."

Essentially if the word is used in ANY context in ANY server or ANYwhere else, then it is by definition "OFFENSIVE" and on my watch I'll warn ONE time then it's a 30 min ban. The next time it's a day ban.

I don't care if Zero used the word, or JC himself used the word in any server. it's OFFENSIVE.

People, it's not that hard to find another word to use to get your point across! Quit trying to skirt the issues and getting over on everything there is to do with rules or other negative criteria just to see how far you can push the envelope.
    well seeing as how banning me for just saying the word nigger would be against the rules, i invite you to do that.

10. Default

well seeing as how banning me for just saying the word nigger would be against the rules, i invite you to do that.
    Hall, do u see the part about "pushing the envelope"? You are one of those people.

I don't know what or why you changed, but do us all a favor and go soulsearching for the "other" guy and return when you find him.

As far as banning you for the above statement you made, Yes - You can take that to the bank!

EDIT--- ALSO - Just because of this post in your case specifically, I'll ban you for a week just due to defiance!
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>