Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 002 Human Alliance [0] v1.1.0

1. Default

In addition to the aforementioned teleporting into world boundaries, which I was also able to reproduce, I was pulling off the "teleport with bad Axis". Have attached myself doing it on compound, I did it to the similar building on port as well.

Notes on the teleporting into solid objects: I could not crouch. My aim didn't seem to be impaired. Tested that with both glock and scout.
    Depending on where, and how thick the invisible wall was, I could teleport back, or to the other side of the wall.

Edit: Also able to teleport from inside Assault to the roof. 2: And from outside in.
    Last edited by Blackmage; 09-12-2013 at 05:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

2. Default

Ok I have returned the teleport value sets to the default values that they are on human on the live server. Please test and confirm that everything is working correctly.

3. Default

Teleported into the skybox on Dust2. Will be testing on teleporting through things when I find a place.

And just duplicated Brett's trick on piranesi.

Edit: And on compound, still able to go through the roof as well. ...Wonder if this is something that could happen, but never came up on the live server. Seems odd, given how popular Human is, but possible.

Edit 2: Repeated most on port and assault.

Only thing I couldn't repeat was teleporting to the roof from the inside. Now I get "no empty location" report.
    Last edited by Blackmage; 09-13-2013 at 12:23 AM.
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

4. Default

In the cases when you actually get stuck are you using the teleport with it failing close together. It could be that the delay needs to be fixed to ensure that the teleport check is ready to run again.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Ok I figured it out and I had removed some redundant code that was not redundant. I can now test with improving the teleport accuracy from there

5. Default

Ok I have added a check so you can not try to teleport again until the teleport check has completed to prevent errors.

I have fixed it so that your teleport destination is now more accurate so less strange bugs.

I have doubled the check time and this appears to have removed all false positives where as sometimes you could teleport and get stuck. The downside is it now takes .04 seconds longer for a stuck teleport to reject the position.

Race is now in final release testing. Please post any new bugs so they can be fixed.

Also be sure to test out Orc when you get a chance.

6. Default

Still got myself into the wall on paranesi.

Compound, can't get it to go through the building anymore. Boundaries work better on Compound as well. I teleport up against the wall instead of going through or getting a failed message.

Port report reads the same. No through buildings, boundaries work.

Same for assault. No longer can teleport through objects.

And then I get back to dust2, and try on a lark to teleport through the skybox... The thing Piranesi and Dust2 fail teleport have in common is the fact that I get error messages. Teleport failed on both. Piranesi is easy enough to reproduce, Dust2, is much more difficult.

Beyond that teleport is working as expected, things that need 2 or more people remain, such as teleport + roots, bash and orc.
    Last edited by Blackmage; 09-13-2013 at 05:15 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    Still got myself into the wall on paranesi.

Compound, can't get it to go through the building anymore. Boundaries work better on Compound as well. I teleport up against the wall instead of going through or getting a failed message.

Port report reads the same. No through buildings, boundaries work.

Same for assault. No longer can teleport through objects.

And then I get back to dust2, and try on a lark to teleport through the skybox... The thing Piranesi and Dust2 fail teleport have in common is the fact that I get error messages. Teleport failed on both. Piranesi is easy enough to reproduce, Dust2, is much more difficult.

Beyond that teleport is working as expected, things that need 2 or more people remain, such as teleport + roots, bash and orc.
    i will be sitting in the wcs test server if anyone wants to join and test bash + HUMAN teleport.

because wolf and i already tested a beast trying to teleport when bashed by the new human bash,
    we also tested a flyer and spiderman zip.

conclusion was that bash prevents the teleport for like 0.5 seconds and when it wears off, the teleport is made ... much like old times.
    flyers get "frozen" mid air.
    spidey is frozen for a split second before carrying on his merry way.

as for the HUMAN teleport, that's why i'll be in the test server.
    if im not there, call me out from regular wcs bcos im also bored.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

When switching to Human from Succubus hunter (with skulls) it will set your life too 200 instead of 150. In order to produce this the Succubus hunter must live the round and have human cued for the next round.

Tested on test server and live server and is only prominent on the Test server meaning that this may have to do with code involving the new Devotion aura.

This was also tested on other races that set a higher health amount and was only found to affect human

9. Default

The problem is not with the human. That race should be cleaning its health off at the race switch and is not. If you notice having 150hp as human and you switch to another race you have 100hp again. This is becuase human resets the hp back to normal before switching to the next race.

The reason it does not occur on the live server is that on that the human hard sets the health rather than adding it to the present value.

Does Succubus hunter glitch base health to other races as well? The 50 hp boost for human is only added on top of the players current health value and Succubus hunter must be adjusting the human health post facto.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    The problem is not with the human. That race should be cleaning its health off at the race switch and is not. If you notice having 150hp as human and you switch to another race you have 100hp again. This is becuase human resets the hp back to normal before switching to the next race.

The reason it does not occur on the live server is that on that the human hard sets the health rather than adding it to the present value.

Does Succubus hunter glitch base health to other races as well? The 50 hp boost for human is only added on top of the players current health value and Succubus hunter must be adjusting the human health post facto.

we tested with die xonvert and he maintained his normal health boost. It was only succubus -> human while the player stayed alive. For some reason it proced the health gain on succubus then human would bump the health up to 200 (you could even get up to 250 using Periapt of health)

It wasn't that human would get 150 health then + 4hpxskull, it would be human got 200 on spawn for a round so whether you had 1 skull or 5 you still ended up with a 200 health on human