Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: (old)005 Blood Mage [40] v1.0.9

1. Default

Wanted to know what you all though about when I do the big reprogram I can make this race exactly like on the original server.

This will result in the following changes:
    Ult is replaced with the actual correct skill by the same name which: On hit, you have a 10-40% chance to burn an \nenemy player for 1-3.5 seconds
    Then the correct Ult called Curing Ritual: Sacrifice 100 mana (money) to \ngain 15-25 HP health can be used every 15 seconds.

Yes I do understand that this would remove the good old set an entire team on fire ability. But maybe something similar will appear in a future race. The changes in the current version from what was intended has impacted the playing style of this race. It is currently used to sit back and camp to use the ult when the original had a simple ult that was used to encourage getting in the action. Also the original flame strike was a targeted move which would often go off with banish and really mess with enemies.

Well, from what I understand about Ibis goals, one of them is to go back to the old wcs server as it was with all same races, abilities, etc. which would lead to changes. It seems that this would completely change bloodmage, but it might be interesting, so I'm up for it. I can see some people being unhappy, but hey, can satisfy them all, especially when this is helping the server to go back to its original state.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

3. Default

I like this, a self healing reviving race? Sounds good.

EDIT: Sounds sarcastic, not my intent.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

4. Default

I have to admit, bloodmage's cuurent ultimate is strong as it is. And thats mostly the only reason wh someone would play a race laidback to revive teammates without getting killed first.it adds to the strategy. I cant rmemeber the oldie race gameplay, but it sounds fun too. The ONLY thing i'd like to suggest about BM is to INCREASE the money steal... I mean the highest i've seen a bm steal is maybe a 70$...its probably one of the most useless skills ive seen. The race should be able to steal a lot more, maybe a max of levelx 50$ or smthn, this would then offset the need for money to use its mana every fucking time, a precondition which other races dnt need.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

Correct money steal used to be a set value that was leveled always taking $70-$170 as it was leveled.

6. Default

If we do change it I would like ideas for a race that comes after santa that has a similar ULT to the current BM. Currently the race is built around that ability and I want for their to be a replacement race at a higher level for those who are going to miss it.

7. Default

If we do change it I would like ideas for a race that comes after santa that has a similar ULT to the current BM. Currently the race is built around that ability and I want for their to be a replacement race at a higher level for those who are going to miss it.
    ok, i'll cook something up
    make sure you tune in on the "future race suggestion" thread every now and then for input on whether shit we make up is actually FEASIBLE or worth it, or balanced
    so that we know our limitation and get feedback from the guy who makes them :P

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

Honestly when I usually read that thread it is more for ideas for individual future abilities. I look for things that can be done that currently existing races do not have or creates a unique play style.

9. Default

If you think about it right now we have basically the following types of races:
    • Mobile Advancement (fast moving races)
    • Forward Grunt (races not so fast but have good combination of power and health for the front)
    • Defensive Grunt (the counter to the forward grunt similar strategic value but is better when not moving or when camping / defense.
    • Support Class (heals resurrects and provides other tactical abilities which mainly help other classes)
    • Strategic Support Class (Similar to support class but may not actually help teammates directly but has abilities that give the team strategic advantages over the other team usually in the form of map control)

Races are not limited to one type but that is basically the way to strategically understand what is going on in a game and how the races play style types effect where it will normally be found in the game and what it will be doing.

10. Default

ok zero, im about to post in " future races suggestions" a few quickly-made suggestions for a Bloodmage "replacement", that behaves CLOSE to the current BM, but slightly different and more sturdy.
    only reason why im posting this here is because its related to whether or not we revert the current BM or keep it.
    tell me what u think? the first 2 skills are replaceable to balance it, they're filler really, whereas last 3 are variations of the current BM:

Elemental Hero:

Earth: Master of Endurance. Spawn with 15-50 more hp

Water: Master of tranquility. Become 60-85% invisible when standing still for more than 3 seconds. Become fully visible if moves or shoots.

Wind: Master of disturbance. 10-25% Chance for whirlwind to shake enemy crosshair 45 degrees left-right-left for 1-2.5 seconds (pendulum effect crosshair, variation of banish)

Heart: The 5th missing element. Sacrifice it all. Chance 40-70% that When you die, a random fallen teammate respawns in your location, after 6 seconds or so . ( a variation of blood mage's respawning)

(ultimate)
    Fire: Master of flames. Use fire ultimate by current bloodmage. Same cooldown, same effect. ( bloodmage's stored cooldown that people want around)

thoughts?