Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 006 Shadow Hunter [60] v1.1.1

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    nothing should be able to pen a molecule shield or shadow hunter invuln. nothing could pre-OB. nothing should now. shadow hunter is not a "hard counter" to anything. it is a very strong class that can fuck up many other classes if played right. the entire point of the class is to give newer players a chance against higher-level classes. this does not mean 100% enemy classes, but rather being strong enough to stand toe to toe.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    if(!W3HasImmunity(attacker,Immunity_Ultimates))
    {
    War3_HealToBuffHP(victim,dmgamount);
    }
    else
    {
    W3MsgEnemyHasImmunity(victim,true);
    }
    }[/CODE]
    The way the code is set up, it is working correctly. This is not pre-OB. I'm sure Zero has a good reason for keeping that else statement in there. Without it, shadow hunter would not be hit by people with immunity. I'm sure he has a hook elsewhere that would not allow a SH to use the ultimate within 30 yards, as with other classes. My guess is balance. Shadow hunter is very powerful even with being able to be hit by people with laces. The class that gives newer people a chance against higher level classes would be human or night elf, IMO.

2. Default

By the way Zero, I have noticed that because shadowhunter heals the damage during their ultimate, a undead can reach absurd amounts of health by shooting them during the ultimate. I am not sure if you intended this. If not, using a similar line of code to the line for helm to simply reduce all damage by 100% would stop this from happening.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Passarelli View Post
    By the way Zero, I have noticed that because shadowhunter heals the damage during their ultimate, a undead can reach absurd amounts of health by shooting them during the ultimate. I am not sure if you intended this. If not, using a similar line of code to the line for helm to simply reduce all damage by 100% would stop this from happening.

hahahah... nothing is more hilarious than watching a shadow hunter round a corner and bump into an undead/santa/jack that doesnt have a lace, drop wards, activate invul, and shoot them crazy... and they just keep shooting back, rehealing allllllllllllllll the ward/bullet damage AND THEN SOME...

done it a few times myself... i actually like it the way it is... allows the life leeching races to counter a shadow SLIGHTLY if they are good players that can aim for shit... u know... assuming u didnt have the bucks for a lace and antiwards:P
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

Yeah, the main thing is when there are several people on the other team and the undead is just out of range of wards and the shadow hunter starts with the other people. The undead ends up having 400+ health. I've seen it go as high as 600 hp.

5. Default

lulz The only problem with changing it is that currently because the shadow hunter can be hit, he can still be bashed, banished, etc. Which helps the people shooting him at least confuse the shadow hunter. If Zero changes it to where the hits don't register, like with the molecule bubble, that would in turn make shadow hunter a lot stronger imo.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

6. Default

The hits would still register, as they do with the helm, they just wouldn't deal damage, I believe. I haven't programmed in the language used, but I'm sure zero knows. I'm just not sure if it is a bug or if it is intended.

7. Default

Its not a bug, the damage is recorded, but discounted from actually happening. That is why you can do like 1100 damage to a shadow hunter, but 0 to a molecule. Its a different system of registration.

8. Default

True, but Zero also remade how vamparic works, so someone can go above their max HP. That is why it could be considered a bug (unintended). It all depends on if he intended for this to happen or not when he remade vamparic. I wasn't complaining really, simply bringing it to his attention as I was not sure if he intended that to happen or not.

9. Default

Zero, I just ran some tests with Shadow Hunter. Hex does not seem to be able to evade any ultimates at all, other then shooting through molecule's shield. However, it is working with player abilities. When testing with wolf, it was very spiky. He was undead so vamparic (which hits every time). I'd ult so he'd heal himself. The first 3 times, he would shoot 29 shots into me and not proc any. Then, on the 4th attempt, he proced 17/29 shots (which is about what it should be). When he was human, out of 30 rounds, 1 bash proced (we switched to undead after so the tests were more reliable). The random number generator seems to be wonky, at least on the test server.

I know random number generators are not perfect, but the tests we ran were absurdly spiky. No wonder I can't kill what when he is bubbled as Molecule.

10. Default

A percentage chance never means something must happen a certain amount of times. Ideally it won't ever be consistent it will always vary.