1. Default SuperNukeMan - 12/18/10 @ 22:35

Name in Game: SuperNukeMan
    Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:260722
    Who banned you: Dice
    When: 12/18/10 @ 22:35
    Where: Pub Server 1
    Why banned: prolly cause i shoot people in the face consistently

Other Reasons:
    Not quite sure why out of the blue you just decided to Ban me today, i've been playing here pretty religiously for the past month or so now, and ive gotten to enjoy playing with a bunch of the people on the server, including you, so i'm a little confused. In any case, i'd like the ban to be lifted. I understand that i'm probably not going to prove anything to you, but if you saw how i was playing when i first joined the server a month ago, you'd see that i have just been steadily progressing in bringing back my ability. I mean my Steam ID is low 6 digit, and if cheating were actually my thing, i would have lost that a long time ago.

Also Dice, i see that your an audiophile from your profile, and in all honesty, i just got a pair of Sennheiser HD 380's, so i would imagine you would understand that going from playing with generic speakers to using these cans would make a bit of difference...

Hope to hear a response soon... thanks.
    Last edited by SuperNukeMan; 12-18-2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: cause i cant read posting rules

I suspected you in the beginning, but noticing your 6 dig I was reluctant to make a move against you.

That being said, we have a thread going with several admins, including myself, sharing demos and experiences about your play. Also, many regulars have come forward with complaints about your inconsistancy. In other words, people find it funny how one moment you're certifiably amazing, the next (conveniently when someone is watching you) you can't hit shit. We've come to the conclusion that a ban and appeal would be the best course of action for the community.

Feel free to review the thread if you wish.

I'd like to ask any and all members of the IBIS community to download and review the first demo linked in the above thread, and give your opinion as to whether this ban should remain in place or not. The file is small enough and isn't too long - it would really help to get more opinions on at least the first piece of evidence.

I apologize for any inconvenience or animosity this has caused you, but we felt it was for the best. I agree, a good set of cans will improve situational awareness a hundredfold, but the issue here is more of your shot placement than that of knowing where people are. I use grados myself, and if I wasn't deaf in my left ear from an errant flight to Texas a couple weeks ago I'd be enjoying them right now =[ Goddamn perforated ear drums hurt!

Good luck with your appeal.
    -dice

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNukeMan View Post
    Name in Game: SuperNukeMan
    Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:260722
    Who banned you: Dice
    When: 12/18/10 @ 22:35
    Where: Pub Server 1
    Why banned: prolly cause i shoot people in the face consistently

Other Reasons:
    Not quite sure why out of the blue you just decided to Ban me today, i've been playing here pretty religiously for the past month or so now, and ive gotten to enjoy playing with a bunch of the people on the server, including you, so i'm a little confused. In any case, i'd like the ban to be lifted. I understand that i'm probably not going to prove anything to you, but if you saw how i was playing when i first joined the server a month ago, you'd see that i have just been steadily progressing in bringing back my ability. I mean my Steam ID is low 6 digit, and if cheating were actually my thing, i would have lost that a long time ago.

Also Dice, i see that your an audiophile from your profile, and in all honesty, i just got a pair of Sennheiser HD 380's, so i would imagine you would understand that going from playing with generic speakers to using these cans would make a bit of difference...

Hope to hear a response soon... thanks.
    i have personally speced u at least 27 times, and every time u have that inconsistency that dice talked about , u would go flawlessly getting headshots across the map for 40 times straight and then if u feel that someoen caught on , u start hitting NTHN?
    i mean a gd player is either always gd or always bad, not so random.
    after i got called in 5 times from another server to spec YOU, i had to bring in the cavalry and get a few other admins with even more experience to watch you. including some VERY high ranked players....
    my 2 cents say u are toggling like fuck. which i have to hand it to u , its one of the best toggling i;ve ever seen... if u DO get proven to be guilty of toggling i might even ask u to send me the hacks so i can train on spotting them!!!
    anyways man... i actually HOPE u're not hacking... u;re a reg here, and i hate putting ppl in the spot like now, and i dnt randomly post ban threads about ppl (check my previous posts), i only ban ppl that REALLY hack or are most likely hacking...
    so : sorry for the ban , but i do think u toggle, and i will ask all other admins to downlaod first demo there and watch it...and make their judgement...that is all.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    and i dnt randomly post ban threads about ppl (check my previous posts), i only ban ppl that REALLY hack or are most likely hacking...
    Um... Yes you do.... And your bans seem to always get highly debated. ... So dont try to make this guy think you are some super admin that has tons of respect, because in my eyes i dont know why you're still here. Oh ya! Because your beloved hacks server fell thru. Im tired of your attitude, and that Hax in your name lost you any cred from me.

On topic ... Judging from what was discussed in the other thread, i believe the ban needs a review, you sound like a solid player, and we have lost too many solid players due to dumbass admins with no eye for hackers banning good players. I will personally review the demo, and see if i cant get someone higher up to look at it for you.

Good luck in your apeal.

"lol.. im surprised no one has called hacks on me recently....i have gotten better" - Perry

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jssaylor2007 View Post
    Um... Yes you do.... And your bans seem to always get highly debated. ... So dont try to make this guy think you are some super admin that has tons of respect, because in my eyes i dont know why you're still here. Oh ya! Because your beloved hacks server fell thru. Im tired of your attitude, and that Hax in your name lost you any cred from me.

On topic ... Judging from what was discussed in the other thread, i believe the ban needs a review, you sound like a solid player, and we have lost too many solid players due to dumbass admins with no eye for hackers banning good players. I will personally review the demo, and see if i cant get someone higher up to look at it for you.

Good luck in your apeal.

tentoes, i dont see the reason why you would even treat me this way. i have never EVER done anything to disrespect you , and i am always backing u up in ur own shit. for love of god, i was the one that fucking helped u start off as an admin here...and what does HaX got to do with it ? to each his own choice to be part of any clan, u are part of Alyid, i am part of hacks, i do my best to be a gd admin on both servers, i never prioritize any server to the other: i started out in ibis, and i am STILL part of the ibis community: i respect the clan and the community and i never turn my back on it.
    u're just trying to start up some shit against me , and i dont see the point of it, everyone here knows me, i have been here WAY longer than u have, if u;re trying to make urself look all gloryful (is that even a word?) by trying to make me look bad and stirring some shit about being in hax, well dnt try... i will try to ignore this futile try to make me look bad, i like you, and i like solar, he's been my bud since day one, and i never turn my back on a friend. try learning from this and dnt backstab someone in the back to look cool, everyone's been coming up to me about u and solar's attitude to always call shit on ppl and other admins just to look bettter, i ALWAYS defended u guys and still respect u as gd friends...dnt know why u hate me but wtvr.

nways, this thread is not about me being in hacks or about u or me or wtvr,
    i got called into the server by at least THREE different REGULAR pub members, i speced him for a LONG time, i found him fishy, but i couldnt be conclusive, so i asked the help for OTHER admins and regs to give me their opinion, and based on the TOTAL VOTES, i made my decision to ban him, and LET HIM APPEAL. i didnt just randomly ban the guy.
    as far as i know i did the PERFECT job an admin should do, so please, do tell me how i could be acting irresponsibly or abusing my admin with power by answering to people's request to spec him and ask OTHER higher admins and CLAN members to give me their opinion??????
    if you have smthn on me, please do tell, i try my best to be a good admin, and i always make sure got my ass covered.
    this is EXACTLY what i told mikey in the other thread about having to explain every detail in my bans because of ppl like u wanting to start a fuck fest.
    Instead of just posting a demo and say " oh, he hacks ,lets ban him"
    NO, i post a DETAILED thread, to show WHY i was confused, if i was wr, i post a ban request first to show my confusion and make sure everyone agrees before making my decision because i ADMIT that some of you guys are better at spotting hackers than me
    if i would be wrong , then i would gladly apologize for the confusion to the player itself, i dont really care about YOUR opinion, and am not trying to be a big shot, you are from ur second part of the above quote. i did my job , i didnt even ban the guy, other people did (dice) on their OWN gut feeling , however i did agree with the ban based on the current situation. if 5 admins end up being wrong , then by all means he will get unbanned.
    like james said, its easier to ban someone if we have questionable proof, and having them appeal LIKE NOW, than to try to nail them later.
    Sorry you had to stir up some shit, like i said, i;m gonna pretend what u said never happened because i think u;re just confused or pissed for a ridiculous reason (me beinging in hacks? really?) and just wanted to act unresponsively and call me a bad admin.
    i never disrespected u, and am not about to start, i respect my colleague admins, and if u have anything against me , post an abuse thread on me, i would very gladly love to see you try.

now as for supernukem, if u are not hacking, then let me first tell u congrats on the nice skills, and if u are, i will congrats u on the courage to post such a detailed post and reasonable story. i dont have anything against you bro, hacking or not, u;re a regular player and thats why i took the liberty to have a vote on whether we should even question u about it or not. sorry if this caused u trouble, but i will leave the decision for higher clan members to review this , even zero, even a VAC check i dnt care. if i was wrong i will unban u myself man, if not, am sorry for losing u around, just trying to do my job, and yes , i did my job as best as possible, folloring the TOS, with my ban request first, vote, decision, appeal, and all. unlike other ppl seem to think.
    thank you.
    Last edited by CYBER; 12-20-2010 at 12:08 AM.

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

6. Default

Dude, its chill... i get it... i can obviously see why its questionable for most people as well. Normally i wouldnt even give a fck, and just find another server, but in this instance as a said before, i noticed there were a bunch of decent/cool people here that i could at least count on being here semi-consistantly, as well as this server has a lot of the options i can appreciate (no obnoxious noises, FF is on, 100 tick, psychostats, etc etc.) I get it, ya'll are doing what ya got to do, and i respect that. Obviously i'm not the type of person to get too worked up over this type of thing. As i told Dice, i think what bums me out the most is that my personal character has been tarnished with the label of cheater. which is just not someone i try to be in life. At the same time, the epeen stroke is kinda nice : )

Anyways, just let me know when i can start working on my stats again, thanks

Matt

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNukeMan View Post
    Dude, its chill... i get it... i can obviously see why its questionable for most people as well. Normally i wouldnt even give a fck, and just find another server, but in this instance as a said before, i noticed there were a bunch of decent/cool people here that i could at least count on being here semi-consistantly, as well as this server has a lot of the options i can appreciate (no obnoxious noises, FF is on, 100 tick, psychostats, etc etc.) I get it, ya'll are doing what ya got to do, and i respect that. Obviously i'm not the type of person to get too worked up over this type of thing. As i told Dice, i think what bums me out the most is that my personal character has been tarnished with the label of cheater. which is just not someone i try to be in life. At the same time, the epeen stroke is kinda nice : )

Anyways, just let me know when i can start working on my stats again, thanks

Matt
    lol, no worries, someone else would see the demo and post their opinion.
    thanks for not acting like a fucktard and accepting my request to question u. (even when some ppl just decided to troll lol)
    if u are NOT hacking ,please take that as a compliment of ur skills and i hope that u keep working on it ...but till now, i cant go and just unban u , even if i am hoping u arent hacking right about now just for being a gd sport,...
    gd luck with the thread,its no longer just up to me since many other admins called hacks on u too.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    i mean a gd player is either always gd or always bad, not so random.
    my best friend who was in a cal-m clan in 1.6 (his skill level was prolly more like cal - p/i though) number one complaint was his inconsistency.

As for your reasonings for going ahead with the ban, like i told dice, i get it, and unfortunately its hard to disprove something like that aside from someone actually living in my area, or teamviewer'ing my comp randomly when someone thought i was actually cheating. I'm not going to lie, i'm even surprised with how things have just clicked for me this time around with CS, but hey... i'm not gonna complain about it either : )

9. Default

I am Supernukeman's friend, I've played on the server a little with him, so you don't have to go finding me here's my steam id and stats:
    STEAM_0:1:97307
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/pub1_stats....php?id=109319

Small background on me, I first played CS when it was in beta (the beta for the half-life mod) and got into it in 1.1 or 1.3, forget which. Basically what's going on here is what has happened to me in the past:
    I worked my skill level up to a certain point, however, I stopped playing, and basically since that time I've played for periods(the longest was about a year) and then taken 6 months to 2 year breaks. I got nuker into the game one of these times and we had 'training days,' i'll call them, where we'd spend hours on aim_map.bsp for CS. I ingrained into him that you aim for the head, if you don't, you die. I apparently got that stick in his head Mind you, this was probably 5 years ago(maybe more, I forget).

So if anyone has not really had the pleasure of taking breaks like this, here is what happens after you come back from a break, sometimes you play at a level that is close or even equal to where you got your skill to originally, and then sometimes the fact that you haven't played for 2 years shows through, and you may as well be using a trackball instead of a mouse (been there, done that, bad call brick btw). The more consistently you play when you come back, the more your skill comes back to the original high that you got it to, but the fact that you're rusty will still show through.

So in short, if getting headshots is wrong, I don't want to be right? >_>

Also, assuming we continue playing on the server, and I start playing more, you're going to see me doing the same things that he's done that's pissed people off (killing people while blinded, headshots galore, shooting people through doors/walls etc). So if this is going to be an issue please say so now...

10. Default

hey faggot he can defend for himself, don't come in here proving his innocents because it will not work. The demo's are the only thing people can go on, because it's real evidence. Till then wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.