Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 017 Strider Hiryu [260] v1.1.5

1. Default

so it can affect the effect if the effect is already in effect? Sounds quite......effective.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

zero has a good point, and this should be fairly easy to test

i'm sure someone will get to it before me but i'll see if i can ask someone to play santa/strider leave and re-join in the middle of a round and see if that does it

i won't be able to till 7 or 8 tonight so surely someone will see about this before me... maybe... hopefully
    A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I mean if a client joined late and thus the effect was not sent to them as in the effect was already in effect then that would make the issue occur. (in theory)
    wait so how can the effect NOT be sent to them?
    doesnt the effect load up whenever u activate the flight?

or is it as start of round ? or start of map? or are u talking about the actual effect sprites? shouldnt those be sent with the map download?
    or what exactly? i've never been this confused by a Zero sentence in my entire life :P

cant you make it like human's Healthpack check? load up the effect on flight, with a half a second delay?
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post

or is it as start of round ? or start of map? or are u talking about the actual effect sprites? shouldnt those be sent with the map download?
    or what exactly? i've never been this confused by a Zero sentence in my entire life :P

cant you make it like human's Healthpack check? load up the effect on flight, with a half a second delay?
    corerct me if i'm wrong, but i think he means that if the strider is in-flight and someone joins the server that person won't see the trail until the strider re-ults or the next round starts (which would effectively accomplish the same thing)

It's probably the same reason why you can't record a demo while there is a smoke grenade ANYWHERE on the map at the time you are attempting to record a demo.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstinger View Post
    It's probably the same reason why you can't record a demo while there is a smoke grenade ANYWHERE on the map at the time you are attempting to record a demo.
    really? i didn't know this, why is this?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post

That is b/c I am describing an event possibly caused by the way the game engine is coded and we know that valve methods often do not make a lot of sense.

8. Default

Saw it being played last night without the trail working, and I definitely did not join during the round.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

9. Default

@ZERO
    this is an fyi and reminder.

i sent u a pm to inform u of a bug i found with stryder hiryu that should be fixed pre-emptively.

so far im the only one that knows of it, and i sent u demos recreating it.
    but im not disclosing more about it here (unlike pm) because i dont know when you'll be back, and wouldnt want people crashing the server and shit while u're gone....
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

10. Default

Please restrict this race to require a minimum of 6 people (non bots) on the server when maxed. This is another race that kills servers.

fast flying races with offensive capabilities when flying (when maxed) should bet set to something like one for every 4 people per team. So 6-8 people playing allows 1 per team, 16 people playing allows 2 per team, and 20 people playing allows 3 per team. The races in this category are Strider Hiryu and Santa.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain