Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 017 Strider Hiryu [260] v1.1.5

1. Default

So for those keeping track this will be the next race to get reprogrammed. Unlike the most recent 2 this one is going to be having some balance changes rolled out with it as well. If there are any outstanding bugs with this race please let me know about those so that I can ensure they do not creep into the recode.

2. Default

My god, this is one of those races that is going to take a while. The vast majority of the code is going to be trashed.

3. Default

Zero. Letting u know that sometimes u still lose your gun during the game because of the flight.
    Basically I've noticed it has to do with the fact that +ability1 can glitch out sometimes if pressed twice with a second by accident and so u basically do that "thu'um" sound but no flight.

If u decide to try to fly again with +ability1, it will make u lose the guns you were holding and stick with knife only when u come out of flight.... Interestingly enough if u throw ur guns on the ground and THEN press +ability, ur guns aren't removed from the map, they will be there on ground to pick up.
    So in a heat of battle, when u can easily accidentally spam a button, u might lose ur guns.

Also, do u want to simply rebalance the race or rebalanced it do you accept reworked suggestions to take ideas from?

For example, High jump kick skill needs to go, and the levitation needs to be a secondary effect of another skill effect like the portal or smthn
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

You are talking about how users avoid the high jump ability right now correct?

5. Default

Yeha I probably could remove the skill and not even have it bother me just because that skill doesn't fit strider 's optimal game style...

I'm currently trying to imagine a different skill or reworked stryder. Stryder wasn't meant to be a knifing race true, but it was a lot better at knifing than guns.. Just like how succubus was meant to be a knifing race but rarely pulls out a knife unless to execute a safe kill?

Also

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

6. Default

Apparently, he is actually supposed to be a high tech Ninja... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strider_Hiryu

7. Default

Ok so the balance changes currently being looked at are as follows:
    Remove knife when in flight.
    Remove Advanced High Jump ability.

Add Eagle Bomb Drop ability. This is yet another manually activated ability for this race. User is frozen for 1 second while casting. After cast an Eagle will dispatch and observe all enemies for 4 seconds after which it will drop a bomb on the origin position of the user who moved the least distance from it. DMG will be AOE from that point. (you can interpret this ability as a direct hard counter to camping)

8. Default

Considering the ult is +ultimate and ward is +ability and flight is +ability1, i dont think there's another spot for another skill to be activated without fucking up with the comfort position of everyone's binds.

Can I suggest that the Wards THEMSELVES become those AOE dropped bombs that become Wards on whoever moved the shortest distance?

Can I personally suggest a new mechanic for that skill?
    Start with 2 "eagle ward bombs" or wtvr u wanna call it, and then basically there's a counter that counts how long all enemies have been standing still (not pressing wasd) cumulatively and gain another bomb for every 30 second of cumulative total camping time?

This way it can start with 1 or 2 bombs and directly counter some strong races : camping humans, or molecules that use their ultimate, Vegas and knifing races standing still in their ults, the motherfucking alchemist casting it's scorches earth.

All those standing still times will Contribute to giving strider another AOE ward eagle drop thingy? And the number if seconds required to gain a ward can be tweaked to balance based on how many Wards strider earns in test games?

Also... Dnt remove the strider knifing... Instead, make it so that the race has a starting flight speed of X, and every time that race knives someone, it gets its flight speed reduced by 10% until a minimum of 30%. On order to regain that speed, strider has to LAND and regenerate it's maximum speed by a 1%for every footstep walked. Basically forcing a down time on that super speedy knifer after it lands a knife on someone...

Tl;dr:knife stays, AOE ward bomb replaces current Wards, high jump kick levitation given by levelling ultimate instead because currently the ult is useless beyond the first point to level. Introduce speed gain /loss restriction to knifing.
    Replace high jump kick with another passive ability. I suggest a passive that gives the race a % chance to gain transparency and lose the trail WHEN HIT by enemy skill (like the chameleon victim passive that no one else has..)

9. Default

B/c of the nature of that ability it is not something your just going to activate randomly in the middle of a firefight and thus needing to reach a bit for the press is not a big issue. I might even configure it to use the use key or some other preexisting bind for example.

The faster solution to correct issues with using the knife while in flight would be to do the following: when he is in flight his health is reduced by 50%. It returns to normal when he is not flying. This would make him easier to kill when flying around.

10. Default

Reprograming started