View Poll Results: new admins 2 month restricted of permaban and unban of ppl banned by other admins.

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    14 66.67%
  • no

    5 23.81%
  • dont_Care / dont know

    2 9.52%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: motion to restrict powers.

  1. Default motion to restrict powers.

    hey guys, this is a motion to have all new admins restricted of their perma ban AND their unban (of someone banned by another admin).
    because apparently the newbie admins are not bothering to read the TOS, and some are unbanning people that i banned myself or other admins have... yes i have proof, but not gonna post it as admin abuse because they are NEW, and they have been warned...
    they dnt know any fucking better. but to make life easier i am trying to eliminate that "non-trust" from the roots,
    so please, can new admin NOT be able to unban other admins' victims and not be able to perma ban for the first 2 months of admins???

    this should btw cut moderators' work by half since less abuse threads will show up!
    EDIT :
    i heard that zero has a new admins hierarchy in motion already, if that solves my above problem, then ignore my redundant motion, but till then, keep voting:P
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>


    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

  2. Default

    Admin system will be coming out this year to my knowledge.

    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

  3. Default

    I think admins should be screened and forced to read the TOS before the power is given.



    Thatís the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties View Post
    I think admins should be screened and forced to read the TOS before the power is given.
    make them take a quiz. 50 questions, presente as questions about TOS and "what would you do?" situations. if they score less than a 60% DENY, between 60-75%, restrict powers for probation, above 75% fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

  5. Default

    when the new system comes out regular admins will not be able to perma ban and will only be able to unban players that they themselves banned. There will also be clear and simple tracking visible on the web to see what the admins are doing. Once I get back I will be working hard to get the new site and admin system up asap. The test run will be launched on the wcs test server when ready.



  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    when the new system comes out regular admins will not be able to perma ban and will only be able to unban players that they themselves banned. There will also be clear and simple tracking visible on the web to see what the admins are doing. Once I get back I will be working hard to get the new site and admin system up asap. The test run will be launched on the wcs test server when ready.
    nice, glad to know u're already a step ahead of us ,as usual thx man

    also i did like aco's idea btw, i thought of a TOS/what_would_zero_do quiz lol, makes sure everyone read the tos!
    or at least, to add to the TOS a "scenario" list, and how to treat different situations, specially with ppl repeatedly breaking simple rules.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>


    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    make them take a quiz. 50 questions, presente as questions about TOS and "what would you do?" situations. if they score less than a 60% DENY, between 60-75%, restrict powers for probation, above 75% fine.
    Hmmm, I don't know Aco,,,, Maybe more than half of the good admins we have would fail that :P

    I have no problem with that and any others that may be implemented, but just judging from the regular use of bad grammar here methinks something would be foul affoot in that department.

    then agin, it dun tak roket sienc to be a gud admin
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

    If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

    DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>








  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post
    Hmmm, I don't know Aco,,,, Maybe more than half of the good admins we have would fail that :P

    I have no problem with that and any others that may be implemented, but just judging from the regular use of bad grammar here methinks something would be foul affoot in that department.

    then agin, it dun tak roket sienc to be a gud admin
    it don't take grammar either. though making sure they can spell certain words, like "record" (lol, reord) would be a plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    it don't take grammar either. though making sure they can spell certain words, like "record" (lol, reord) would be a plus.
    haehahahahahahaha
    i sense a "blade" joke with the reord thing :P hahahah
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>


    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    haehahahahahahaha
    i sense a "blade" joke with the reord thing :P hahahah
    lets have a slow clap for cyber

    :clap:
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •