Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 020 Chameleon [100] v1.1.2

1. Default

I will try to see if I can get the numbers to exit too. I only use the scroll wheel to change weapons so I never had the issue your experiencing and thus never thought there was a problem.

2. Default

YEa it looks like there is no work around for that b/c the way the native function works for sm. You must press 0 to exit it. Also it shows on spwan and does not have a way of knowing the difference from one spwan to the next only that you spawned.

3. Default

I am currently reprogramming massive sections of this race to dramatically improve performance and reduce code. This race is obviously the largest I have ever programed and contained over 2000 lines of code. There is a massive number of inefficient statements and data storage in this program. I am going to reduce the memory requirements of this race by 50% and minimize the amount of global variables while also implementing switch statements to reduce the use of if else statements to virtually 0. This will dramatically increase the performance of this race and reduce load on the server

I expect to do all the reprogramming on this one tonight so it can be tested and approved tomorrow.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I am currently reprogramming massive sections of this race to dramatically improve performance and reduce code. This race is obviously the largest I have ever programed and contained over 2000 lines of code. There is a massive number of inefficient statements and data storage in this program. I am going to reduce the memory requirements of this race by 50% and minimize the amount of global variables while also implementing switch statements to reduce the use of if else statements to virtually 0. This will dramatically increase the performance of this race and reduce load on the server

I expect to do all the reprogramming on this one tonight so it can be tested and approved tomorrow.
    sounds kickass. i've been working on leveling this race so i'll let you know if i find any bugs when you implement the optimization.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

5. Default

Dang. I would have wished that at least i'd have to press '1' instead of '0'.
    This way i can keep pressing '1' (which is relatively closer to my wasd movement keys), until the menu is removed and my primary gun gets swapped, without having the need to sacrifice movement or aim in order to move my hand closer to '0'... Oh well, Using the scroll keys would seem nice perhaps, but i
    Already got scroll down for jump and scroll up for +ability. Oh and btw gdluck with the programming, coding wcs races sounds amazingly fun, specially along with a 12 pack
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

6. Default

• Race now on RESTORED VERSION
    • Updated to best weapon removal code
    • Removed over 30 global variables
    • Removed redundant code
    • Optimized all if else statement ability selections to use switch statements
    • Eliminated over 400 lines of code
    • Removed delay limit for the second ability key to prevent annoying spawn powers count down which can confuse players

7. Default

• Updated weapon removal code

8. Default

This race has longjump. Reminder post as per request.

9. Default

• Added .25 force mult for long jump
    • Fixed long jump effect

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    Dang. I would have wished that at least i'd have to press '1' instead of '0'.
    This way i can keep pressing '1' (which is relatively closer to my wasd movement keys), until the menu is removed and my primary gun gets swapped, without having the need to sacrifice movement or aim in order to move my hand closer to '0'... Oh well, Using the scroll keys would seem nice perhaps, but i
    Already got scroll down for jump and scroll up for +ability. Oh and btw gdluck with the programming, coding wcs races sounds amazingly fun, specially along with a 12 pack
    Bind 0 to 1 and 1 to 0. That's what I did. In fact, pressing the keys 1234567890 on my keyboard results in typing 0987654321. My alphabetical keys are also bound backwards as well. It's amazing how inefficient the current typical placement of keys is, as my layout reduces the amount of space my fingers have to travel, enabling me to backknife a wolfenstinger before he even presses a key.
    One man's ceiling is another man's floor.