Thread: RTV and Voting

1. Default RTV and Voting

What is the point of having RTV if 1 admin just comes in and just changes the map b/c he doesnt like it or the process of voting when an admin will just change the next map b/c his map didnt win or he doesnt like the next map????????
    RellikDloc

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rellikdloc View Post
    What is the point of having RTV if 1 admin just comes in and just changes the map b/c he doesnt like it or the process of voting when an admin will just change the next map b/c his map didnt win or he doesnt like the next map????????
    the point is that when there ISNT an admin, u can vote off a map.

like it or not, when an admin is in the server, he has seniority over map votes and can over rule them.

THAT SAID, a GOOD admin would ask YOU GUYS what u want. if he cancelled the previous vote because they were shitty maps that got 1-spammed or not the right time for them (example a huge map with only 4 ppl...) then he should have the decency to post ANOTHER vote for u guys, and have u guys chose a map.

i wont lie to u, when im senior admin, sometimes i see a shitty map i dnt like (ex: falling trash ) and i dont feel like playing it . i would post a vote to see if anyone else doesnt want to play it , and see what happens then. sometimes the map loads and i go : oh hell no we aint playing this map, and then i change the map to smthn i KNOW ppl would like, from experience, and if people told me" heyy we wanted to play last map" then i just set the next map to it to satisfy u guys.

admin can overrule a vote, its kinda their "compensation gift" for working hard to keep the servers clean...like missing out on the cool maps because u are specking a hacker for over 2 hours (it happens... a LOT)...
    of course a decent admin wouldnt be changing the map constantly to the same one over and over again, or changing the map in the middle of a game (after a person got lv 15+) or keep changing map without stability...
    if that shit happens, post a thread about, it could fall under admin abuse, PROVIDED THAT U HAVE TALKED TO THE ADMIN ABOUT IT AND HE TOLD U TO FUCK OFF.
    if u got problems with that, buy admin, thats one of the first reasons i became an admin myself, and that was a year ago :P
    if not, DEAL WITH IT lol
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

When I had admin I lost more gg's because I was too busy being an admin. Map changes and turning campers into beacons were like the only ways i could justify 11 / month. I loved making campers beacons.

Note to admins, turn more campers into beacons.

C-loc

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bigcraig77 View Post
    When I had admin I lost more gg's because I was too busy being an admin. Map changes and turning campers into beacons were like the only ways i could justify 11 / month. I loved making campers beacons.

Note to admins, turn more campers into beacons.

C-loc
    Slaying them is more fun, C-Loc...because they go boom with sparks and sounds!

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    the point is that when there ISNT an admin, u can vote off a map.

like it or not, when an admin is in the server, he has seniority over map votes and can over rule them.

THAT SAID, a GOOD admin would ask YOU GUYS what u want. if he cancelled the previous vote because they were shitty maps that got 1-spammed or not the right time for them (example a huge map with only 4 ppl...) then he should have the decency to post ANOTHER vote for u guys, and have u guys chose a map.

i wont lie to u, when im senior admin, sometimes i see a shitty map i dnt like (ex: falling trash ) and i dont feel like playing it . i would post a vote to see if anyone else doesnt want to play it , and see what happens then. sometimes the map loads and i go : oh hell no we aint playing this map, and then i change the map to smthn i KNOW ppl would like, from experience, and if people told me" heyy we wanted to play last map" then i just set the next map to it to satisfy u guys.

admin can overrule a vote, its kinda their "compensation gift" for working hard to keep the servers clean...like missing out on the cool maps because u are specking a hacker for over 2 hours (it happens... a LOT)...
    of course a decent admin wouldnt be changing the map constantly to the same one over and over again, or changing the map in the middle of a game (after a person got lv 15+) or keep changing map without stability...
    if that shit happens, post a thread about, it could fall under admin abuse, PROVIDED THAT U HAVE TALKED TO THE ADMIN ABOUT IT AND HE TOLD U TO FUCK OFF.
    if u got problems with that, buy admin, thats one of the first reasons i became an admin myself, and that was a year ago :P
    if not, DEAL WITH IT lol
    He Pretty Much Cover'd It All And Alot Of Admins Do, Do This, Except For A Few I Guess