Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: 023 Shadow Of The Void [130] v1.0.3

1. Default

We have a test server. Info on that, here: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...hlight=ibiswcs If you want to test something, do it there first, not on the live server. If you need some human bodies, I'm almost always willing to help if I'm on.

On glitching, when in doubt, it's against the rules. As such, clear up any doubt. Do some research. Ask around if it's known, and if it's allowed. Search the forums. There are a number of allowed glitches, but any glitch that involves no risk to the player for obvious gain is probably going to be illegal.

On the revive and change thing, it HAS been brought up before, here. Not sure if there's any later mentions of it.

On the actual topic, check posts 81 and 87 on this thread. This was actually already a known issue.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by h4x0r View Post
    like last time I got banned for dragonfly crashing, and look now it's fixed! peace.
    You're stupid. Zero knew it was a problem and was trying to fix it but he lost the dragonfly data and had to rewrite the code. Its not because you were trying to crash the server that he decided to fix it >.>

3. Default

Actually we didn't know what was crashing the server until it was consistent. I still don't know whether switching your race and reviving as another is against the rules, but based on the when in doubt, it's against the rules then yes I've done that too. And yes I'll eventually make an unban thread just based on the sloppy ban procedure, which the demo supports. I had stopped exploiting then VanillaGorilla and someone else started to kill each team as well, which is when Tom assumed it was me and threatened to get an admin to perma ban me even though I had stopped glitching. Not to mention this round was a joke ever since lambazza joined and disturbed the entire game by spamming the mic, otherwise I would have taken it more seriously, but regardless I stopped even without an ADMIN telling me to. 1wk-1mo ban seems more appropriate, considering an admin never told me what I was doing was against the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    what he said.. you're not in first place, haxor is.

4. Default

Actually, Zero knew long long ago, on multiple accounts of what was doing it. It's your job to know the rules. Try again.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

5. Default

Zero, the shadow of the void bug is back on the live server.
    (the one i helped fix before).

Basically if u play shadow of the void, and you play another race (in this case spiderman), the built in "immunity lace" is carried over from void to the nxt race and wont go away even after death...

except by rejoin.

I was tempted to ban bizwagg for intentionally exploiting that bug and not buying a lace at all for the longest time... but yeah, he got a warning instead since he did help me determine the bug.

I am attaching the sourcetv demo so that you can hopefully determine using the log at what EXACT time this shit happened, but i am also documenting a personal demo that shows me not able to use my vaga ultimate near bizzwag as a spiderman without a lace (showed the playerinfo).

Hopefully you can fix that ?
    thanks.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

6. Default

I am wokring on getting the test server back up and running so I can resume development. It takes a bit longer b/c I need to build the server in ways that will not lag the shit out of the other servers when I am installing all the updates ect.