Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: 028 Rapscallion [200] v1.0.3

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    yes sir. rap is not flamepred, it's not meant 2 be running around all the time, it's a ambush class.

if people played it the way it's meant 2 be played, they would probably have a far better time playing it.
    agreed, its a unique class and style. most people are too careless with it. To me its really boring though but I can get a decent kdr with the race.

2. Default

Zero.
    I had a rapscallion idea that i was going to share with you, shared it with brett and he thinks it's a decent idea to power up rapscallion a bit without affecting other races, and without changing its entire mechanics.

Instead of changing its ulti, add a +ability effect.
    The ability will do the following:

ASCEND: One-time-only SOUNDLESS activation during each frozen-invis-ultimate, the player can press +ability to get "thrown" upwards by like 10/15/20/25/30 ft into the air while retaining invisibility
    ( u can pretty-it-up by adding very very small opaque smoke bomb effect like crow that grows per other level (10 levels total between range and effect)

This will allow the following scenarios:
    1- add more versatility to rapscallion vs laces, which currently cripple it IMMENSELY more than any other race in the server by allowing the player to "tactically" use his +ability to get thrown out of lace range. it's a one-shot only since they cant use it more than once if still stuck in lace. but if they succeed in getting out the lace, they can then ulti out, and get one-time chance kill.

2- add more mobility to rapscallion on very open maps like dolls, where decent players can use an [ultimate+ability] combo to ulti in and out while going upwards for intermittent steps to get to high places, thus making the rapscallion levitation more usable. (remember, u consume that ability and resets each time u get in and out of ultimate)

3- will reduce the predictablity of the race where currently the rings will inform every player and their mother (through walls and across map) where the EXACT location of the rapscallion is, whereas a player could have secretly used his "ASCEND" once to get into a more tactical spot, and then free fall for ninja knives instead of being sitting duck.

4- create more locations for rap to hide in considering the new vertical motion they can receive.

5- make the race fucking PLAYABLE, especially with the tiny smoke bomb that might obscure vision on it for a sec... I would totally level up another 10-levels skill to do so.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CYBER; 01-18-2014 at 01:04 AM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

i'm not reading that shit, cyber, but based off what i read of what you wrote in steam, i support the idea

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    i'm not reading that shit, cyber, but based off what i read of what you wrote in steam, i support the idea
    it's exactly what i wrote in steam. just had to write it down to explain what kind of scenarios it can introduce, for those who didnt get the idea.
    the yellow part is all u need to know :P

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

Well, if I understand you right, you want it to be a button you can pressed that will allow the rap to essentially pop out of lace range when invisible by shooting itself up, allowing a decloak and a chance to kill the enemy. Maybe, would need to be tested to see how well it works, op or not etc but worth a try.

Still, I think just making the rings not visible through walls and shit would help a lot too.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

the rings are a dead giveaway but so is the sound effect, since the lace renders the class to be pretty crap maybe the ult can be silent and invisible? then when you're running away from someone you can duck around a corner, ult/hide and let them pass you but to give them the slip

with cat if you didn't see them do it you'd lose track of a good rap so easily, like a silent and deadly predator that strikes at the right moment (as opposed to the pirhana frenzy/drive-by knifing that flame pred is)
    A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.

7. Default

Is the point of the smoke effect, a: being flashy b: make it so that if someone is nearby, it's not a get out of jail free card c: something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    Is the point of the smoke effect, a: being flashy b: make it so that if someone is nearby, it's not a get out of jail free card c: something else?
    I just read this sry. Yeah it's meant to add some little obstruction to the radar and shit to allow some juking , even in close quarters.

I was also thinking that the race should also have its rings NOT show through wall.
    If zero insists on keeping the visible rings, then perhaps add a "+ability" that allows you to teleport while frozen by 10-20ft max to ur crosshair location while remaining that invisibility. Obviously this "+ability" would have 1 charge only that resets on cloaking. Or start with 2 charges only and have +1 charge whenever u get a kill.
    New mechanics
    Maybe make it so that this ability is only gained when you max the ENTIRE ultimate levelling to lv50. (similar to how Syndra (shout out to LOL players) gains an effect on maxing the ranks in that single skill".

This might encourage people to level that fucking hard as fuck race to lv 50 then make Plays by mind fucking people and getting a sneak attack in and then cloak out and then gtfo.

Rapscallion could be an interesting assassin like shaco, and i would totally play that race more often than its current state.

Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Well, if I understand you right, you want it to be a button you can pressed that will allow the rap to essentially pop out of lace range when invisible by shooting itself up, allowing a decloak and a chance to kill the enemy. Maybe, would need to be tested to see how well it works, op or not etc but worth a try.

Still, I think just making the rings not visible through walls and shit would help a lot too.
    Just saw that too. Good input. U have valid points about testing for sure.
    Last edited by CYBER; 10-22-2014 at 09:11 AM.

9. Default

Or maybe I will make the rings only viable to their own team and spectators... when I get to this race I will see what sort of changes I can do to improve things without changing a lot of stuff.