Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weapon question (check screen)

1. Default

If the laser is visible on other players guns, then it is not allowed. If the laser only shows when you are holding the gun, then it's fine.

For scouts, the same applies above but the laser must also not move when you are moving. A static dot for the scout would be fair enough since you can just put a dot on your screen anyways.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    that's not the same skin...is it?

that one has a different mag, scope, and doesn't have the red laser beam.

basically, if the gun is being held by someone else, can you see the red beam coming out of it? or not?
    no you can't

1 # 1

“Language is a complicated thing! It has multiple meanings.”

3. Default

I thought it was said somewhere that skins that give you an advantage are illegal on our servers. I would only see this happening, on a scout. If the laser illuminates the enemy wouldn't that be an advantage?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    I thought it was said somewhere that skins that give you an advantage are illegal on our servers. I would only see this happening, on a scout. If the laser illuminates the enemy wouldn't that be an advantage?
    think about what i was asking. if a gun has a long-ass glowey red stick coming out of the barrel...think it might be easy to see around the corner?

also, look at retarded sith, and why he was tossed out
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

I've used that skin before, no the dot doesn't show up on walls or players, and it's very hard to even see when someone who isn't you has it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

6. Default

yeah i looked this up.
    The skin basically has a red dot on the screen, the lazer is only viewed in first player view. You can see the dot if u are in first-person view specing someone else too, but u cannot see the lazer if you are looking at someone in third person view.
    I think thats what aco was worried about.

As for the skin, then blade pretty much summed it up. Many people have a dot on their screen, heck i did that for a while a year ago where i split my screen in 4 quadrants with 2 perpendicular and very thin strings. But i removed that bcos it was getting annoying when watching a movie, and i wouldnt do such horrors to my awesome TV screen i play on now:P

The lazer should NOT be a dynamic lazer, as in a lazer that moves around when a target is acquired, bcos that would basically be "somewhat" be treated an ESP (as in u know where ppl are bcos of the lazer).
    For a static lazer? doesnt really matter as far as i know, bcos the scout doesnt shoot directly at that lazer anyway. if u stand still and shoot with a lazer pointed at something. it will still shoot around that dot by a 5-10 pixels or so... needless to say its worse when walking, so SKILL is still needed to shoot the scouts and shit nway, bcos it doesnt affect the shot itself, but the player's eye-sight, just like a dot on the screen that 90% of players do anyway, until they get the hang of the scout.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...