Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: killing hosties

1. Default

on a similar note, what about hiding in the hosties? tonight, every round there are multiple t's hiding in the hosties, forcing ct's to kill the hostages basically. i understand it happening occasionally, but excessively?

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

2. Default

? hosties have block on, how are people hiding in them?

Maynard - The WCS Guy

3. Default

they do not, you go right through them

Fire, walk with me.

4. Default

how long has it been like that? block has always been on for them in the past... and as someone who only plays T, nor ever camps the hostages, I never noticed this.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

been like that for a while...i honestly cannot remember block being on. i took some time off in there but yeah.

might also be that i didn't pay attention. but i've seen it happening with increasing frequency in the last week or so.

Fire, walk with me.

6. Default

ive never seen them not have it on... and ive been playing for 3 years lol... like I said I don't play CT, nor ever guard the hosties as I play aggressive.

I'm quite sure this was done recently. apparently zero did this intentionally, I'll look into it... wouldn't surprise me though as if you hide in a hostie and shoot, you shoot the hostie taking money loss, so I can see zero being ok with that trade off.

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Should no longer work starting next map change. Also the no block will apply to hosties now in the wcs server.
    yeah, zero did this intentionally a few months back as I thought.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

Maynard, block was turned off for hostages about 1 month ago because many people were getting stuck in the hostages, making it impossible for them to move.

8. Default

so back to the original question: hiding in hosties every round, legit strategy or fun at others' expense to the point of punishment?

Fire, walk with me.

9. Default

it's fine for now as ive already said that you can't shoot your gun when hiding in them without harming them, and taking money loss.

blade, only idiots got stuck in the hosties lol, it was easy 2 not have that happen

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

I found a solution for those with the tendency to shoot the hosties...
    http://www.gamebanana.com/css/skins/31625

The only drawback is that, if the hostage room is a kitchen, the game is a stalemate.
    And CTs should be banned for getting them out of there.
    That is all.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...