Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Manga collection?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chef C Green View Post
    Yeahhh, since coming to college my buying has come to a near complete halt (actually almost ALL anime/manga has with work and studies ). But yeah, back in middle/highschool I was the manga guy for sure , anime was great and I certainly watched a fair share of it, but manga was like my thing...

I'll try to post some pics but right now most of it is boxed along one of my walls (I keep only 1 series on my bookshelf in my apt living room at a time). I have a catalog saved on one of my externals, and even though I haven't updated it in the last few years, I had upwards of 800-1,000 volumes I think (drugs would have been so much cheaper -,-). Pictures though... need pictures =\

But yeah... GO MANGA !

EDIT:

OK! So I took some pics of a couple boxes I have up here at my place (still have a few more boxes back in a storage unit back home (no space so the japanese ones got left behind )). But to give you an idea of the madness that once was:

Wall of Manga (yes ONLY manga) boxes. Most are still sealed up with tape for easy moving since I move a lot.
    Attachment 5416

Example Box (normally they'd be like the bottom, double stacked up and packed perfectly).
    Attachment 5417

My current "library" for school (assorted cookbooks, some reference books, and 1 series (Iron Wok Jan in this case ))
    Attachment 5418

These photos were on my phone from back in '08/ '09 when I was cataloging/ getting ready for college... seems so long ago =\. Please note, these shelves have double layers of books (see top right to get an idea).
    Attachment 5419 Attachment 5420

One of these day's I'll get around to building a library for these books (and purchase all the new manga I've missed out on o.O).
    You have the Julia Child cook book series from what I see...

East Coast (and that's all I'm tellin' xD)

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    You have the Julia Child cook book series from what I see...
    Well, I am a food scientist . Any gastronomical information is well received (though I'm more fond of new awlins cookin', hence the Chef Beck books ).
    Artist's Representation - "Finding life on the go board"

3. Default

Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chef C Green View Post
    Well, I am a food scientist . Any gastronomical information is well received (though I'm more fond of new awlins cookin', hence the Chef Beck books ).

hmmm, have you ever had a special guest lecture from a bald guy who is a flavor chemist?

that's my dad. i'm normally there sitting in and helping whenever he comes in to guest lecture.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

I am very willing on selling the first 30 volumes of bleach to anyone who is interested. Ill sell for 60 bucks plus shipping (whatever that turns out being)

Other then that I own Pandora hearts, Rosario to vampire, FMA, Dragonball and One piece.
    @ cybers pic, I assume gundam means UC gundam?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

East Coast (and that's all I'm tellin' xD)

@Aco, nah not yet, but i've only had the first 2 terms before co-op since switching majors. Work with a few flavor houses though at my job so I wouldn't be surprised if we cross paths later down the line, either through lecture or trying to get more info on the field

@Cyber, Beyblades, Metabots, and Digimon are all out for me haha. I've always wanted to pick up instant transmition from DBZ but... one piece...hmm, this is tough haha.

@Stars, I'm good XD, thx anyway
    Artist's Representation - "Finding life on the go board"

7. Default

I buy second hand books if there in the uber state because i hate to read or even see ruined books. I will make pic soon of my collection since i live in my new place

1 # 1

“Language is a complicated thing! It has multiple meanings.”

8. Default

are you offering to buy them? None are in bad shape, I think 3 is the worst with a corner bent, 1 and 2 are just aged. The later books have only been reed like once. Ill post pictures, however the books are in virginia and I am in south dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    are you offering to buy them? None are in bad shape, I think 3 is the worst with a corner bent, 1 and 2 are just aged. The later books have only been reed like once. Ill post pictures, however the books are in virginia and I am in south dakota.
    Well bleach isn't really my fav serie so those i don't really want but if u got other manga's u might want to sell lemme know

1 # 1

“Language is a complicated thing! It has multiple meanings.”