Thread: WCS Previous Scrim Comments.

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    the wcs community is dying.
    server full of tryhards and racewhores.
    CYBER SPEAKS TRUTH
    At least succubus hunter is fun.

2. Default

I guess it is good that all the next races that are coming out are going to be team play oriented. Also I am thinking of increasing the ult blocking range for races that have it built in so that they are more powerful than users who just have a lace. I have some more options to change up the meta game and force different race options and ways of playing so that people are encouraged to work as a team more and to deal with race whoring. One idea is an item called adaptive tactics which can buff a user against players that are constantly using the same race for example. I am not sure if it will be an item or a race ability but the idea is that the more you fight against a given race the more resistant to it you become. How exactly this will work as far as damage reduction/firepower values are concerned is unknown but I want to make something that will give incentive for users to change their race within a given map. This will likely require some races to be immune to the effects of this item/ability but the ones that are will be logical choices and this can be considered a buff to those races.

Lastly I do plan to be releasing a high level no ability race that is for users to demonstrate true skill with. This race will not have any abilities or means to use the shopmenu. I may though give it the ability to benefit its team in someway though as to assist any team balance issues when it is used. If this race will have a moving level requirement or not is up in the air but I do want to make it clear that unlocking it is considered more of a reward/perk for completing all the races.

3. Default

What we really need to do is mobilize the regulars into forum users better. I find it hilarious that the people who speak to the state of the server are those who either haven't played in months or only a couple times over that span. I see tons of the same people whenever I play, but asides from Pass, Jesus, and to a lesser extent volt, no one comes to the forums. The server gets people, usually later in the day/night, or at least that's when I am usually on. I have never seen a race empty the server, I have seen players do it, but it really doesn't depend on what race they're playing, undead, Nelf, flame pred, even rapscallion. New players get frustrated when they can't kill someone and instead of learning how to counter they leave, but they always come back.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

4. Default

So what your saying is that we need a government that does not tell them they are entitled to win? Our problems just keep getting bigger...

Everyone has a weakness on WCS. EVERYONE.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    I see tons of the same people whenever I play, but asides from Pass, Jesus, and to a lesser extent volt, no one comes to the forums.

i know i'm not on the same time you're on, but i try to get on at least every other day between 6 and 9 on week days

A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.

7. Default

Please don't take this offensively Zero, but I think you should really check out the WCS server at Cegamers, because they have a balanced system that actually rewards effort, and a truly functioning team balancing system. The WCS server here would really become so much better if you are able to program a similar team balancing system as that one. And just to reiterate that I only play on the WCS server here, so my only intent is hoping that our WCS server becomes better.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    Please don't take this offensively Zero, but I think you should really check out the WCS server at Cegamers, because they have a balanced system that actually rewards effort, and a truly functioning team balancing system. The WCS server here would really become so much better if you are able to program a similar team balancing system as that one. And just to reiterate that I only play on the WCS server here, so my only intent is hoping that our WCS server becomes better.

i have played on the CEGamers server to basically study the oponents there...
    their player base is bad.
    their races are all overpowered races with no possible cyclical balance. Many races are inheritely the best races in the server and can ONLY be killed by a person on the same race with a higher skill cap,
    i believe they offer to code a race for cash.

most importantly:
    their menu system is HORRENDUS ... absolutely fucking horrible! Zero's put a lot of work into the chat AND menu-select based item system in the game, and it really makes it less overwhelming to scroll through menus.

NOW.
    the ONLY , and i god i mean ONLY thing that CEGamers has that we don't have better?
    The fucking !scramble command to have PLAYERS THEMSELVES vote on scramblind the teams when they aren't having fun, whether you are on the winning side or losing side. This effectively lets almost everyone play the map on both sides instead of the current "T Stackers" we constantly see here.
    And after 4 rounds of the same team winning over and over again, it scrambles the players automatically.

Zero, i know u are against forcing players to different sides unwillingly... but man, this needs to at least be a feature that can be voted on like RTV or !scramble command... just because stacking and racewhoring is an absolute problem!

===========

As for your tactical ability against racewhores, i fucking LOVE IT!
    in fact i will start working on a race that embodies that logic, and i know just the theme! "Thank you for your... contributions"
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

9. Default

Ah a ~! based command I like! this is much better than having an actual vote window popup which is a big problem on wcs b/c it disrupts gameplay. I never thought to make it like an rtv command but without a window vote coming up. Just if enough people enter that command it triggers that mode till the end of the map.

I will look into programing something like this as soon as I am back in the USA.

10. Default

Just have to make sure that the votes required to do a scramble is more than just the people on 1 team, cause that could get abused pretty easy, like maybe 70% or so of the server population, less steamtv
    I hit Brett right in the feels.